Wella Color Charm in 8RG Titian Red Blonde

Wella Color Charm in 8RG Titian Red Blonde

This is such an amazing shade for creating strawberry blonde hair! I have mixed it with several different shades now, the 7R Red and the 8G, as wel as just using the Titian Red Blonde on it's own. I posted a ton of photos on my blog. I think this color looks best mixed with a color that is close to your natural shade, that has golden tones, like 8G, if you have grey hair like me (I'm 90% grey and started going grey at 20 years old). It helps the red seem more natural, especially with grey hair which can come out more pink than red with certain dyes.

Wella Color Char holds up amazingly! It's the best at retaining color. I hardly have any fading, which is really hard with red and strawberry blonde hair. The cream is better at covering greys than the liquid.

This is now my go-to color!

For all the pics, go to www.GirlGetGlamorous.com. The post is called "Strawberry Blonde Hair: My Epic Journey Part Two.

Molly

on 1/25/2010 5:32:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I have been attempting to have red hair for a year now.

In my attempts I have been a golden red, a coppery red (which got too darkk), a light blonde with golden highlites, and finally a light ashy blonde with lighter highlites.. Ouch -- my poor hair.

But being a tenacious and hard headed female, I refused to give up. All the boxed colors I had used (hey, I am too cheap to go to the salon not so much because of the economy, but I figure if they screw it up I will not be happy about my hair and my lost $$)...anyway, I have been doing some research on the "reds" and the problems they face in coloring and holding onto the color.

My first problem was getting THE red -- I wanted a Nicole Kidman kind of red. Soft, golden but red -- not the wine reds or the red reds. I am too old for the Manic Panics reds. And Sharon Osborne can keep Ozzy and her Burgundy hair.
In reading I found that the best reds were from Wella -- for variety as well as staying power. So off I went to arm myself with the necessary tools.

I purchased the 8RG in Wella liquid colorcharm (Golden Copper), and since I was not sure how it would turn out, (I did not want it to be too dark). I mixed in a quarter portion of my 9.3 Garnier --yeah yeah, I know it says not to mix products, but I see hairdressers do it all the time. So the deed was done. I applied and waited. My husband walked in on me and said the color looked like a Bozo wig.. which it did! It turned totally and truely orange. Scary. But I hung on. When the time was up I rinsed and conditioned and towel dried.

I AM SOOOOO HAPPY!! THIS is the Color!! It was in front of me all the time. Staring at me from those funny old fashioned bottles and as much as the little SA's in Sally's told me, I did not listen cause this product looked "old". Well, this is tried and true old... and way perfect.

I can sleep happily tonight as a coppery haired redhead -- and I am prepared to fight for my color!!

YIKES: PLEASE NOTE THIS IS THE 8GR -- NOT THE 8 RG WHICH IS TITIAN!!

Popular Hair Color Products