rms beauty "Un" Cover-Up Foundation/Concealer

rms beauty
Glossy Lid with RMS Beauty Products

3.7

*Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, *Ricinus Cummunis (Castor) Seed Oil, *Cera Alba (Beeswax), *Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, *Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Tocopherol (non-GMO), *Rosemarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Extract. May conatin[ /-]: Titanium Dioxide CL 77891, Iron Oxides Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl77499. * Certified Organic

on 5/7/2018 11:44:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I used this on and off for a year or so.

I have shade 00. Normally I can order the lightest shade in any foundation and it will match my skintone ok-ish (my skintone is hard to match) but in this case the lightest shade (000) is slightly too pale.

It is an okay product. It doesn't provide full coverage at all. It creases even if you set it with powder. It really clings to any dry patches and whiteheads you might not even know you had.

I have dry skin and if I don't prime with a face oil it will look dry. It doesn't look dewy on me at all but I need to set it, otherwise it just stays sticky. I don't like that even if I set it there will be transfer if I touch my face/talk on the phone.

It is what it is - pigments in an oil/wax base. The ingredients are great, it smells okay (I am sensitive to scented products) and this was a good introductory product to green beauty for someone with dry skin. I don't think I will repurchase because I rarely use it anymore and want to try other natural concealers - but the jar I have will last me a long time.

The pros of this are that it fades gracefully as long as you don't overpowder.

Brush review: I tried the matching skin2skin foundation brush was a complete waste of money. It eats up the product and it applies streaky - finger application is better.

Updating to add: I tried blending this out with a wet beautyblender (still put fingers in jar and swipe on face first) and have been using it a bit more since. That works quite well, gives great texture and in my opinion reduces the dry spot issue although it sheers it out quite a bit so you end up using a lot more to achieve coverage. This might be how I empty my jar!

I adore this product - I use it as a concealer, as I don't wear foundation. I love the creamy and balmy texture, and I simply use my fingers to apply under my eyes and around my nose. I have the shade no. 11 and the colour has a great yellow undertone. I do usually set this with a powder. I don't think its particularly long lasting, but it fades very naturally, and is undetectable on my skin. As a person who is a fan of no-makeup makeup, this is perfect for me, and it's very comfortable to wear!

Another positive is that I believe it is food-grade cosmetics, all the ingredients are natural and organic.

The price is steep at $52aud but I believe the small pot will last a long time as I don't wear makeup every single day. It has a slight coconut balmy scent, due to the coconut oil being an ingredient. My only issue is the packaging isnt hygienic but since it is a balmy product you can't repackage it in a tube.

This is definitely a holy grail for me! Will be repurchasing til the end of time

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I was so excited to learn that a really nice, eclectic shop in my neighbourhood has almost the whole line of rms products (they don't have all the colours but I think they've got all or almost all the products). I went into get colour matched with an eye to purchasing this because I'd heard such good things about it from some Youtube people. The woman at the store matched me to colour 00, which I was sure would be too light (the lighting in the store isn't the greatest) but I thought 01 would be much better. As they are sold out of both shades, the woman gave me generous samples of both colours to try out on my own and I have to say I'm pretty disappointed. As a foundation, this applies sort of smeary and patchy rather than with a nice, even colour application. As a concealer, it's not much better and it creases, in spite of what the company maintains. I'll keep experimenting (using fingers, various brushes, etc.) and I'm glad I've got the samples, but right now, as things stand, this is a real let-down.

on 3/26/2018 8:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

It makes me so sad to say this, but this product broke me out. The finish is beautiful and the product is easy to apply. I love the idea of applying coverage only where you need it, but unfortunately the ingredients were too clogging for even my quite dry skin. I suppose this shouldn't have been a surprise considering the primary ingredients are coconut oil, castor seed oil, beeswax, and cocoa butter. It's beautiful and easy to use, but the longer I used it the worse my skin looked. After a few days of returning it, my skin was back to normal.

on 2/16/2018 7:02:00 AM

The product is good I can no say anything wrong about ingredients or looking on bare skin.
The effect is nartural and nice but....it takes really long time to make it nice on your skin.
First of all I dont like this consistency I prefer cream (tube) or liquid -this one need time to work with!
To make your foundation basis you need at least 10/15 min only for foundation-for me its too much time.
You can use only fingers (I dont like it) they are later dirty..clean, back to makeup room -takes time !
No brush because it doesnt work with it , maybe beauty blender to make it better but fingers are the best.
You need to powder it -otherwise is too greasy -nice glow effect is comming in half hour.
Sitting on your sking quite good next 5-6 hours.
It doesnt cover good! my brown places from the sun you can see the same after like before foundation.
I will reccomend to everyone has time in the morning-for busy/easy people not!
I will not buy it again.
By the way blush lip2cheak from RMS is amazing ! Foundation-not

on 1/30/2018 6:24:00 PM

Pro’s - buildable coverage - natural finish - creamy and emollient - multi-purpose - natural ingredients - decent quantity - part of a cosmetics line that chooses to do things differently Con’s - has to be set with powder - glass container with screw lid is beautiful and eco, but might feel unhandy sometimes - pricey (though reasonable compared to other cult concealers like Sisley, La Prairie, Mercier ...) Comparisons: - Sisley phyto-cernes: rms does better coverage and needs less layers - Laurent Mercier secret camouflage: rms is more emollient and also a good allrounder (Mercier was my travel favourite before the rms) - Kat von D Lock-it concealer: rms has less heavy duty coverage but a more natural finish. The KvD however is a great product too - it depends what you need. I switch between these two at the moment. - Maybelline Age Rewind: rms is waxier, has better and more colour varieties and more pigment. - Mac fix: rms is easier to blend (less dry) and just as covering in a more natural fashion. I get creasing/dry lines easier with the Mac. For a natural product this delivers surprising good pigment/coverage that remains buildable. It’s an ideal holiday product as it triples as under eye concealer, camouflage and foundation. I have quiet some circles and this enhances the under eye area pretty well. It also counters redness while preserving some kind of transparency. I also find it “highlights” a bit. But that could be its texture or just my perception. Nevertheless, on allover application it does give you a very fresh and dewy look. However you can not just leave it without setting powder. That is a bit sad. But I guess you can play up the dewy look with the rms highlighters which haven’t tried yet. I set un-cover with the matching coloured rms un-powder and the stamina is very acceptable. No obvious creases or dryness. This is really the perfect alternative for other high-end concealers and has become a go-to product in my routines. I use it with my fingers as I don’t have the matching brush. I use 11 (nc 20).

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

As an under eye concealer this is pretty good stuff - it's like a balm so it melts onto the skin. I do however, have to re apply this after 5 hours of wear and it has to be set with powder otherwise it looks a tad greasy. I'm too scared to try this on my sensitive face as coconut oil is highly comedogenic but for the under eye I can only say good things. The colour is quite yellow toned which I love (I use 11 and I have pretty fair skin).

on 1/16/2018 3:30:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Unlike most other makeup, this concealer doesn't make my skin dry, red, or irritated in some way. The coconut oil actually makes my skin look better, both with and without makeup. I also love how it looks dewy and natural, not powdery or cakey, on the skin while providing buildable coverage,, although those with more oily skin should be careful about this.

on 12/17/2017 6:58:00 PM

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Fine

For the past month, Un Coverup has been my foundation, concealer and eye shadow base. Love! I am, as the song goes, older than I once was (and younger than I'll be, I hope), so medium coverage is the absolute limit. Sheer or light coverage is ideal, provided the product builds sufficiently to cover redness. A slightly dewy finish is prettiest and most natural looking. Un Coverup checks all of these boxes and a few more. It feels like there's nothing on my face, it lasts about 6 hours (without powder), I get no oxidization, and it seems to fade perfectly evenly. Definitely worth a look if you're after a foundation that multi tasks, looks like skin, and is made from top shelf, good for you ingredients.

I got a sample of the "Un" Cover-Up at my local spa, and I am very impressed. The coverage is very opaque and does not settle horribly into the fine lines around my eyes. A little also goes a long way. I haven't had enough experience with it as a foundation to comment (I tried it once but overpowdered to set it, so it didn't look very good).

I have very pale skin with yellow undertones and got shade 00. The product itself clearly has a yellow tint to it, and I thought it would be too yellow to work as a concealer, but it does an excellent job. I plan to purchase this once my sample runs out.

The downside is that this is quite expensive. However, you need very little, which makes it more affordable in the long run.