rms beauty "Un" Cover-Up Foundation/Concealer

rms beauty
Glossy Lid with RMS Beauty Products

3.8

*Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, *Ricinus Cummunis (Castor) Seed Oil, *Cera Alba (Beeswax), *Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, *Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Tocopherol (non-GMO), *Rosemarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Extract. May conatin[ /-]: Titanium Dioxide CL 77891, Iron Oxides Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl77499. * Certified Organic

on 12/10/2018 10:00:00 PM

I bought this a year and thought meh, but after skin issues and wanting to use clean silicone/dimethicone free products I pulled this back out. I still wasn't sold as I was used to a heavier foundation, so I tried several other clean brands like Vapour, Milk & Lawless. I kept going back to RMS. I now wear this as my foundation everyday and it is my favorite. I find my skin has a nice luminous glowy look-even though I do powder with Nude by Nature.

I first apply with my shiseido brush, then blend with fingers or a sponge.

on 11/17/2018 9:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I wear this as my foundation and it is my favorite. I wear #33 and coverage is medium to full. I first apply with the RMS brush, then I blend with my fingers and finally pat it all in to remove all the brush marks and even it all out. I love it as a foundation. In addition it is easy to carry and I never have to worry about it spilling like posers and liquids. I have been known to do my entire face in the car at red lights on my agonizing slowly commute. I can do this with RMS Un Cover-Up with no fears of a mess. It has good staying power. Will it last all day like a full of crap and plastics foundation? No. But does it get me through my work day looking a lot better--yes it does.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really wanted to love this , I got two generous samples in shade 000 and 00. I have tried with all different foundations, I have tried with applying a face oil before and also a smoothing primer too, have tried with my fingers and a beauty blender. It looks nice applying with fingers at first but I need to set it otherwise it will crease my under eyes and slip off my nose very quickly. And I have combo to dry skin. But as soon as I lightly set it with powder my skin all of a sudden out of nowhere looks cracked and textured. I don’t know why. I have tried hourglass powders and Mac msf powder with it. It’s such a shame because I can’t leave the product as is and I can’t powder it so unfortunately this is a no from me.

I am absolutely in love with this product. It is on the pricier side (about $48 CAD) but the colour match was perfect for me (Shade 44) and the coverage and dewy finish were exactly what I was looking for. I have dry, sensitive skin and don't require much coverage but rather just evening out. I like that your skin still feels very breathable and light with this foundation. It really just makes me look like I have naturally perfect skin!

I do find that I need to wear a colour corrector under my more severe dark eye circles, but other than that this product is perfect!

on 5/7/2018 11:44:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I have shade 00. Normally I can order the lightest shade in any foundation and it will match my skintone ok-ish (my skintone is hard to match) but in this case the lightest shade (000) is slightly too pale. I have neutral undertone and 00 looks a little yellow which is ok since I'm trying to cover up redness anyway.

This is a pretty good product for dry skin but it's not for everyone and isn't without its problems. It was my first green beauty product and 2-3 years later I keep coming back to it. I'm about to buy my third jar. I've been wearing it daily after a long break and have been very satisfied with the coverage I get from it as well as the texture.

When I use it I wear it as a medium coverage foundation. I prime with an oil based natural spf cream and set it with powder. I have dry skin and if I don't prime with a face oil it will look dry. I don't like that even if I set it there will be transfer if I touch my face/talk on the phone - but there are other natural foundations that transfer way more.

It creases even if you set it with powder, although there are other natural foundations that crease a lot worse.

It is what it is - pigments in an oil/wax base. The ingredients are great, it smells okay (I am sensitive to scented products) and this was a good introductory product to green beauty for someone with dry skin.

A big pro is that it fades gracefully as long as you don't overpowder.

The packaging may be tiny but the jarlasts a long time even used as a daily, medium coverage foundation.

Brush review: I tried the matching skin2skin foundation brush was a complete waste of money. It eats up the product and it applies streaky - finger application is better.

I adore this product - I use it as a concealer, as I don't wear foundation. I love the creamy and balmy texture, and I simply use my fingers to apply under my eyes and around my nose. I have the shade no. 11 and the colour has a great yellow undertone. I do usually set this with a powder. I don't think its particularly long lasting, but it fades very naturally, and is undetectable on my skin. As a person who is a fan of no-makeup makeup, this is perfect for me, and it's very comfortable to wear!

Another positive is that I believe it is food-grade cosmetics, all the ingredients are natural and organic.

The price is steep at $52aud but I believe the small pot will last a long time as I don't wear makeup every single day. It has a slight coconut balmy scent, due to the coconut oil being an ingredient. My only issue is the packaging isnt hygienic but since it is a balmy product you can't repackage it in a tube.

This is definitely a holy grail for me! Will be repurchasing til the end of time

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I was so excited to learn that a really nice, eclectic shop in my neighbourhood has almost the whole line of rms products (they don't have all the colours but I think they've got all or almost all the products). I went into get colour matched with an eye to purchasing this because I'd heard such good things about it from some Youtube people. The woman at the store matched me to colour 00, which I was sure would be too light (the lighting in the store isn't the greatest) but I thought 01 would be much better. As they are sold out of both shades, the woman gave me generous samples of both colours to try out on my own and I have to say I'm pretty disappointed. As a foundation, this applies sort of smeary and patchy rather than with a nice, even colour application. As a concealer, it's not much better and it creases, in spite of what the company maintains. Overall, it makes me think of the effect I think I'd get if I smeared Crisco on my face - smeary and streaky. I'll keep experimenting (using fingers, various brushes, etc.) and I'm glad I've got the samples, but right now, as things stand, this is a real let-down.

on 3/26/2018 8:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

It makes me so sad to say this, but this product broke me out. The finish is beautiful and the product is easy to apply. I love the idea of applying coverage only where you need it, but unfortunately the ingredients were too clogging for even my quite dry skin. I suppose this shouldn't have been a surprise considering the primary ingredients are coconut oil, castor seed oil, beeswax, and cocoa butter. It's beautiful and easy to use, but the longer I used it the worse my skin looked. After a few days of returning it, my skin was back to normal.

on 2/16/2018 7:02:00 AM

The product is good I can no say anything wrong about ingredients or looking on bare skin.
The effect is nartural and nice but....it takes really long time to make it nice on your skin.
First of all I dont like this consistency I prefer cream (tube) or liquid -this one need time to work with!
To make your foundation basis you need at least 10/15 min only for foundation-for me its too much time.
You can use only fingers (I dont like it) they are later dirty..clean, back to makeup room -takes time !
No brush because it doesnt work with it , maybe beauty blender to make it better but fingers are the best.
You need to powder it -otherwise is too greasy -nice glow effect is comming in half hour.
Sitting on your sking quite good next 5-6 hours.
It doesnt cover good! my brown places from the sun you can see the same after like before foundation.
I will reccomend to everyone has time in the morning-for busy/easy people not!
I will not buy it again.
By the way blush lip2cheak from RMS is amazing ! Foundation-not

on 1/30/2018 6:24:00 PM

Pro’s - buildable coverage - natural finish - creamy and emollient - multi-purpose - natural ingredients - decent quantity - part of a cosmetics line that chooses to do things differently Con’s - has to be set with powder - glass container with screw lid is beautiful and eco, but might feel unhandy sometimes - pricey (though reasonable compared to other cult concealers like Sisley, La Prairie, Mercier ...) Comparisons: - Sisley phyto-cernes: rms does better coverage and needs less layers - Laurent Mercier secret camouflage: rms is more emollient and also a good allrounder (Mercier was my travel favourite before the rms) - Kat von D Lock-it concealer: rms has less heavy duty coverage but a more natural finish. The KvD however is a great product too - it depends what you need. I switch between these two at the moment. - Maybelline Age Rewind: rms is waxier, has better and more colour varieties and more pigment. - Mac fix: rms is easier to blend (less dry) and just as covering in a more natural fashion. I get creasing/dry lines easier with the Mac. For a natural product this delivers surprising good pigment/coverage that remains buildable. It’s an ideal holiday product as it triples as under eye concealer, camouflage and foundation. I have quiet some circles and this enhances the under eye area pretty well. It also counters redness while preserving some kind of transparency. I also find it “highlights” a bit. But that could be its texture or just my perception. Nevertheless, on allover application it does give you a very fresh and dewy look. However you can not just leave it without setting powder. That is a bit sad. But I guess you can play up the dewy look with the rms highlighters which haven’t tried yet. I set un-cover with the matching coloured rms un-powder and the stamina is very acceptable. No obvious creases or dryness. This is really the perfect alternative for other high-end concealers and has become a go-to product in my routines. I use it with my fingers as I don’t have the matching brush. I use 11 (nc 20).