rms beauty "Un" Cover-Up Foundation/Concealer

rms beauty
Glossy Lid with RMS Beauty Products

3.8

*Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, *Ricinus Cummunis (Castor) Seed Oil, *Cera Alba (Beeswax), *Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, *Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Tocopherol (non-GMO), *Rosemarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Extract. May conatin[ /-]: Titanium Dioxide CL 77891, Iron Oxides Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl77499. * Certified Organic

on 2/16/2018 7:02:00 AM

The product is good I can no say anything wrong about ingredients or looking on bare skin.
The effect is nartural and nice but....it takes really long time to make it nice on your skin.
First of all I dont like this consistency I prefer cream (tube) or liquid -this one need time to work with!
To make your foundation basis you need at least 10/15 min only for foundation-for me its too much time.
You can use only fingers (I dont like it) they are later dirty..clean, back to makeup room -takes time !
No brush because it doesnt work with it , maybe beauty blender to make it better but fingers are the best.
You need to powder it -otherwise is too greasy -nice glow effect is comming in half hour.
Sitting on your sking quite good next 5-6 hours.
It doesnt cover good! my brown places from the sun you can see the same after like before foundation.
I will reccomend to everyone has time in the morning-for busy/easy people not!
I will not buy it again.
By the way blush lip2cheak from RMS is amazing ! Foundation-not

on 2/9/2018 5:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

! Reviewing the rms foundation brush here as well. I've been using this in shade 00 as foundation+concealer on and off for a year. I have neutral undertones, fairly problem free skin and wear foundation to reduce the appearance of my constantly red cheeks which may or may not be a mild form of rosacea. Or just great circulation... in the cheeks.

I have dehydrated/dry skin and the uncover up doesn't "glide" on for me at all or look dewy. I have to prime with oil or the texture will look awful. It really sits in dry patches and it is a rare day that I can put this on my nose and it will look good. I exfoliate 1-2 a week but the uncoverup highlights every flake and whitehead. In its defense it covers pores really well for me.

This crease city. Set it with powder and it still creases. Creasing is fortunately not a problem for me since it isn't in a visible place. I have fairly hooded eyes and no way can I use this on my eyelids. It even makes my mineral eyeshadows crease. I have fairly dark circles especially above my eyes (built in eyeshadow..?) and I just leave them alone. I wear glasses and those are more prominent anyway.

So I prime my face with an oil, let it absorb for a few minutes, then apply this all over my face. Pat it on the undereye area, concentrate on my cheeks and around my nose and then set with powder. Sometimes I use the un powder from rms and sometimes a mineral foundation for more coverage. If I don't set it my face stays a sticky mess and the foundation will come off on everything. It still comes off a little if I touch my face. I agree with other reviews in that this is a medium coverage at most.

This product suits my needs fairly well. I don't like wearing my mineral foundation every day even if that goes on smoother because I have dehydrated skin and all. I feel better knowing this is on my face because even if oils don't hydrate at least they're not absorbing more oils.

As implied by the name it doesn't cover your skin up. For me it smooths out the skintone and makes me look that little bit more awake... and less flushed/blotchy.

As for price, I think it's perfectly reasonable. The ingredients are excellent and it lasts for months and months even when used as a foundation. I hit the bottom after 5 months of full face use and then there's still half the pot left.

Last but not least, something that is very dear to my heart; the smell. I'm very sensitive to smell and scented products. Strong smells drive me up the wall. This is not a scented product. It smells faintly of coconut oil and it fades quickly. I have come to like it.

Would I repurchase? Yes, I already did and I'm happy that I did. This is a lovely product, worth a try if you want clean ingredients and a natural coverage.

! Brush review: being a fan of the brand I was really curious to try the brush and eventually decided to order it. That was a waste of money. It soaks up product like theres no tomorrow, tugs at the skin and it doesn't go on well. I will agree with Rose-Marie that this product needs the warmth of fingers for smooth application. While I generally like brushes this one sits unused.

on 1/30/2018 6:24:00 PM

Pro’s - buildable coverage - natural finish - creamy and emollient - multi-purpose - natural ingredients - decent quantity - part of a cosmetics line that chooses to do things differently Con’s - has to be set with powder - glass container with screw lid is beautiful and eco, but might feel unhandy sometimes - pricey (though reasonable compared to other cult concealers like Sisley, La Prairie, Mercier ...) Comparisons: - Sisley phyto-cernes: rms does better coverage and needs less layers - Laurent Mercier secret camouflage: rms is more emollient and also a good allrounder (Mercier was my travel favourite before the rms) - Kat von D Lock-it concealer: rms has less heavy duty coverage but a more natural finish. The KvD however is a great product too - it depends what you need. I switch between these two at the moment. - Maybelline Age Rewind: rms is waxier, has better and more colour varieties and more pigment. - Mac fix: rms is easier to blend (less dry) and just as covering in a more natural fashion. I get creasing/dry lines easier with the Mac. For a natural product this delivers surprising good pigment/coverage that remains buildable. It’s an ideal holiday product as it triples as under eye concealer, camouflage and foundation. I have quiet some circles and this enhances the under eye area pretty well. It also counters redness while preserving some kind of transparency. I also find it “highlights” a bit. But that could be its texture or just my perception. Nevertheless, on allover application it does give you a very fresh and dewy look. However you can not just leave it without setting powder. That is a bit sad. But I guess you can play up the dewy look with the rms highlighters which haven’t tried yet. I set un-cover with the matching coloured rms un-powder and the stamina is very acceptable. No obvious creases or dryness. This is really the perfect alternative for other high-end concealers and has become a go-to product in my routines. I use it with my fingers as I don’t have the matching brush. I use 11 (nc 20).

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

As an under eye concealer this is pretty good stuff - it's like a balm so it melts onto the skin. I do however, have to re apply this after 5 hours of wear and it has to be set with powder otherwise it looks a tad greasy. I'm too scared to try this on my sensitive face as coconut oil is highly comedogenic but for the under eye I can only say good things. The colour is quite yellow toned which I love (I use 11 and I have pretty fair skin).

on 1/16/2018 3:30:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Unlike most other makeup, this concealer doesn't make my skin dry, red, or irritated in some way. The coconut oil actually makes my skin look better, both with and without makeup. I also love how it looks dewy and natural, not powdery or cakey, on the skin while providing buildable coverage,, although those with more oily skin should be careful about this.

I got a sample of the "Un" Cover-Up at my local spa, and I am very impressed. The coverage is very opaque and does not settle horribly into the fine lines around my eyes. A little also goes a long way. I haven't had enough experience with it as a foundation to comment (I tried it once but overpowdered to set it, so it didn't look very good).

I have very pale skin with yellow undertones and got shade 00. The product itself clearly has a yellow tint to it, and I thought it would be too yellow to work as a concealer, but it does an excellent job. I plan to purchase this once my sample runs out.

The downside is that this is quite expensive. However, you need very little, which makes it more affordable in the long run.

on 12/17/2017 6:58:00 PM

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Fine

For the past month, Un Coverup has been my foundation, concealer and eye shadow base. Love! I am, as the song goes, older than I once was (and younger than I'll be, I hope), so medium coverage is the absolute limit. Sheer or light coverage is ideal, provided the product builds sufficiently to cover redness. A slightly dewy finish is prettiest and most natural looking. Un Coverup checks all of these boxes and a few more. It feels like there's nothing on my face, it lasts about 6 hours (without powder), I get no oxidization, and it seems to fade perfectly evenly. Definitely worth a look if you're after a foundation that multi tasks, looks like skin, and is made from top shelf, good for you ingredients.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Coming from someone with very reactive and acne prone skin, I must say this product is amazingly soothing and healing for my skin condition. It hides redness amazingly and makes my skin soft and glowy. For people complaining about the high price of these amazing little pots, quality comes with a price tag and this is definitely one of those cases. Please RMS never stop giving us these beautiful products. The beauty oil will be my next investment.

This is a good natural pot concealer. That said, it's not the cheapest, nor is the coverage the greatest. Also, for being natural the smell isn't all that great. I will not repurchase.

on 11/17/2017 6:50:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

When I received it initially I was disappointed that I'd paid so much for so little. Boy was I wrong! I have had this little pot of wonders for years and there's still so much of it left, it does not smell funky or has changed in colour or texture. Pigmentation is incredibly high and for concealing, I like to use a little synthetic brush I bought in an arts shop for £2.

Depending on my skin's condition this product can be a bit too oily though. It does cover up redness incredibly well though and I find my skin looks better when I use it, thus it has skincare benefits on top of its cosmetic qualities.

Price is steep initially, yes, but it's lasted me so long, therefore making it one of the better valued items I own. Plus it's high content of good ingredients makes it worth it in the long run. I like the dinky packaging, although the lid looks quite beaten up by now. It's very handy for traveling due to it's size and can be applied with fingers or a brush (either a buffing brush when used as foundation or a tiny one for spot concealing).

I feel like I would want to repurchase it because it's been lasting such a long time, I can't really imagine wanting to be without it.