rms beauty "Un" Cover-Up

rms beauty
Glossy Lid with RMS Beauty Products

3.7

*Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, *Ricinus Cummunis (Castor) Seed Oil, *Cera Alba (Beeswax), *Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, *Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Tocopherol (non-GMO), *Rosemarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Extract. May conatin[ /-]: Titanium Dioxide CL 77891, Iron Oxides Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl77499. * Certified Organic

Age = 46
Skin type = Dry/sensitive, slightly visible pores along cheeks/nasal area

Pros = NO weird smell, good consistency, 100% natural, good price point for amount you get

Cons = So far, for me, none

Overall review: I am currently using a sample I received from DetoxMarket. I had read other reviews in regard to this product, and thought I would sample prior to purchase. I'm glad I did, and I should be receiving my "big little jar" sometime this week. This product, for ME, personally, is my holy grail. It covers my dark circles, covers a weird vein that has popped up/is more visible beside my right eye, and works well as an eyelid primer--please note, I have dry skin. It also covers redness from rosascea, covers my scar under my nose (was born premature, had an oxygen tube strapped under my nose up into my cupid's bow, had to cut tube out when skin started to grow around it, thus the scar) and makes my face look flawless. I am currently using shade 22. Though I'm not the palest, I'm not exactly. . . . dark. I cannot tan, but Shade 11 was far too light. so Shade 22 it is! 100% will purchase again and definitely reccommend!

on 8/8/2017 4:36:00 PM

I've used this for a year, and this product has become a favorite! I use it both as an undereye concealer, and as a foundation - mostly in the center of my face. I have combination, sensitive skin. This foundation/concealer (can't really decide what it is) lasts all day, doesn't dry or crack and doesn't make me break out. I use 22 most year, 33 in summer. It is a bit pricy (at least in Norway where you can only buy it in one store), but it lasts long despite its modest size. Try it!

on 8/8/2017 1:12:00 PM

My skin usually doesn't react well to coconut oil based products. I love this concealer for under the eyes when set with a finishing powder.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

When I first tried this, I didn't like it. But I quickly grew to love it.

My initial problem with this was that it was a bit too drying and I prefer more moisturizing under eye concealers. As straight-forward as this sounds, it worked. I simply added a heaver coat of undereye moisturizer and immediately put this concealer on.

Pros
- good coverage
- "natural" ingredients
- does not dry
- the pot it comes in, although small, lasts a VERY long time

Cons
- Price (but one pot of this will last you a long time)
- Ease of purchase / this brand is not sold everywhere

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Update: I bought 22 in addition to 11 and I mix them to match the slight color I have gotten for the summer even though I wear sunscreen everyday. I am still liking it.

I've been using this for a week as an all over foundation and concealer and totally love it. I was worried this would break out or irritate my rosacea skin but I have not had any reactions to it. The small size of the pot has me worried that it won't last me long but since it is an all in one product it is convenient. It makes my mature skin glow and look luminous. I bought color 11 for my NC 20 skin color and it is near perfect. I do powder over it with the RMS unpowder and this step helps to set it. Lasts most of the day for me. I do have to add a little bit extra to my eye circles as the day goes on because I have some fading. I use my fingers to apply this. Still on the fence whether I need the RMS brush.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this foundation. I use 22 all over and 11 under the eyes and round the chin.
It is quite a bit glowy at first, but dries down soon as the skin drinks the coconut oil. I do powder over the t zone. It stays on surprisingly well - looks like 2nd skin.

Edit: Forgot to mention, I apply it with the RMS brush - I find it much easier then fingers for all over the face application. For under eyes I do tap with fingers.

on 6/14/2017 9:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

No. 22 was sold out for a while but I'm glad I finally got my hands on it. I've read so many good reviews, I was intrigued and now I know what other people know..it's an excellent concealer!

on 5/27/2017 4:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

The steep price is understandable ($50 CAD) if you take into account the organic and wholesome ingredients. At the end of the day though, this tiny glass lip-balm sized jar has the equivalent cost of other decent brand foundations containing 10 times as much product (ex. Smash box Studio Skin Foundation).

In terms of performance, it really isn't meant for people who have problem skin or any outstanding blemishes, like a larger pimple. My skin does not even have any of these, yet it made every pore and dry skin look magnified. Something about the product just does not blend into a smooth finish, you definitely should use an oily based moisturizer underneath. A regular water-gel moisturizer would not work under this product.

That being said, many skin types (mine included) would not be able to handle a coconut-oil based foundation that requires to be paired with another oil based moisturizer under it. My face felt slippery and greasy without a setting powder. Definitely not worth the $$

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I use this RMS concealer mainly under my eyes - it works really well, creases just a tiny bit and on a good day (one when on the previous day I was a good girl, had some good sleep and lots of water) it seems to be enough to make me look well rested and fresher.

I have a shade 11 (I'm quite pale with yellow undertones) and it melts under my eyes perfectly, however, for the rest of my face is a bit too pale so I will not be using it as a foundation.

Fingers work best here as an application method but there are many other more effective concealers out there so I'm on the fence about repurchasing (it is a good product so I ticked 'yes' box) and I wonder if it is much more different from a Glossier one that I'm currently lusting after as they do not ship to UK yet.

on 4/22/2017 6:23:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

In a few words: the very best foundation (and concealer) I've ever used. I'm an 11.
I have a long history of Estee Lauder's Double Wear foundation usage behind me as I always wanted my skin to appear as flawless as possible during the whole day, particularly on business trips and during meetings but as years went by, I found it to be drying on my mature skin and I started to look for something new, less heavy. It was during my search-and-try green & organic switch that I stumbled upon this tiny pot of concealer/foundation and it was love on first application.
I'm on my second pot now, the first one lasted me for more than four months of six days per week usage. Another one has been already ordered as a backup.

It does not cover all the blemishes as well as EL DW did, but...I don't know, it's hard to describe in a satisfactory way what RMS Un-Cover up does, but what I can say is that it literally transforms the skin, making it younger, healthier, glowing. And it hydrates (coconut oil's merit among others, I presume), leaving the skin, well – happy!
As said, it does not cover as my previous foundations and my pigmentation blemishes can still be seen, but the overall image in the mirror is fantastic: a more uniform colour and texture, a glowy finish that sinks into the skin during the day so that the washcloth in the evening is not very stained as it happens with other, synthetic foundations but nevertheless it delivers great results in terms of skin-enhancing. When I come home in the evening, after 10+ hrs after Un-Cover Up application, the skin is still beautiful, nourished and alive.
Sometimes I apply the Un-Powder above it but most of the time I follow only with a cream blush and that's it.
For me, a piece of art and a terribly good job done, RMS!