rms beauty "Un" Cover-Up

rms beauty
Glossy Lid with RMS Beauty Products

3.6

*Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, *Ricinus Cummunis (Castor) Seed Oil, *Cera Alba (Beeswax), *Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, *Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Tocopherol (non-GMO), *Rosemarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Extract. May conatin[ /-]: Titanium Dioxide CL 77891, Iron Oxides Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl77499. * Certified Organic

on 4/22/2017 6:23:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

In a few words: the very best foundation (and concealer) I've ever used. I'm an 11.
I have a long history of Estee Lauder's Double Wear foundation usage behind me as I always wanted my skin to appear as flawless as possible during the whole day, particularly on business trips and during meetings but as years went by, I found it to be drying on my mature skin and I started to look for something new, less heavy. It was during my search-and-try green & organic switch that I stumbled upon this tiny pot of concealer/foundation and it was love on first application.
I'm on my second pot now, the first one lasted me for more than four months of six days per week usage. Another one has been already ordered as a backup.

It does not cover all the blemishes as well as EL DW did, but...I don't know, it's hard to describe in a satisfactory way what RMS Un-Cover up does, but what I can say is that it literally transforms the skin, making it younger, healthier, glowing. And it hydrates (coconut oil's merit among others, I presume), leaving the skin, well – happy!
As said, it does not cover as my previous foundations and my pigmentation blemishes can still be seen, but the overall image in the mirror is fantastic: a more uniform colour and texture, a glowy finish that sinks into the skin during the day so that the washcloth in the evening is not very stained as it happens with other, synthetic foundations but nevertheless it delivers great results in terms of skin-enhancing. When I come home in the evening, after 10+ hrs after Un-Cover Up application, the skin is still beautiful, nourished and alive.
Sometimes I apply the Un-Powder above it but most of the time I follow only with a cream blush and that's it.
For me, a piece of art and a terribly good job done, RMS!

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I'm giving this product four stars because it is the best looking green beauty foundation I have ever tried but the shade range is terrible. The coverage is buildable, it blends out well with fingers or a beauty blender, and it wears beautifully as the day goes on. I wouldn't call this a long-wearing foundation, but it does fade gracefully, unlike many other foundations which break up or bunch unflatteringly. I have dark tan skin (MAC NC 45, Vapour Beayty 135, Glossier Dark) and the shade 55 works perfectly as a foundation and I use 44 as I highlighting concealer. However, it's ridiculous that I wear the darkest shade. There should be AT LEAST two more shades darker than me.

My only caution is to those with sensitivities to coconut oil derivatives. I find that if I wear this every day for a week my skin will begin to react. I know this is supposed to be a "detox" and not actual acne, but either way I have to be careful.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've been searching for and trying out non-toxic/cruelty free foundations and concealers and finally gave in and purchased this one without sampling first as I normally would. I love that Sephora offers samples and I've gone through a lot, unfortunately RMS isn't available in stores in Canada so when nothing else seemed to be working, I bit the bullet and bought this one because Sephora really does have a great return policy. I'll be 50 in a couple of months and my skin has been changing from oily to normal/dry and I'm cautious about what I put on my skin as it's sensitive and I'm a long time incurable cancer survivor. This stuff is amazing! I purchased #11 which was perfect match for my skin (I avoid the sun at all costs so never tan). I used as both concealer and foundation and it went on very well over my zinc oxide sunscreen, lasted all day without oxidizing. Dewy finish which I love as matte draws out the fine lines and wrinkles. Applied with fingers as it kind of needs the warmth of skin to melt it on. Once rubbed onto my face, I lightly blended it out with a dry beauty blender which worked very well. It's a small pot but a little goes a long way so hopefully will last longer than it appears it might. Build-able coverage, didn't crease or settle into fine lines. I gave it four stars because I don't know how long it will last as both concealer and foundation and it's a bit on the pricey side for such a small pot of product.Looking forward to seeing how well it does over time especially through summer months and how long it lasts.

on 3/15/2017 9:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Love this product. Easy to use with either a brush or finger. # 33 looks natural on me and my dark circles vanish.

on 2/12/2017 11:02:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I really love this product! The color "11" is just perfect for my fair, cooler toned skin. It looks a little yellow but is very sheer and seems to correct a lot of the redness in my skin. I use this mostly under my eyes, you do need to use just a bit and blend/melt it into your skin with your fingers. I find the only time it creases is when I have used too much. When I'm traveling, I use this as foundation as well. It does tend to exaggerate any dryness or flaky areas, but using the RMS Beauty Oil underneath has solved that problem for me. Looks very natural and dewy. Even if used for foundation, this little pot seems to last forever, so I think it's worth the price. Love this product!

Best I tried and the only one that doesn't give me a rash around my eyes. Looks very natural and have a good coverage, gives a dewy complexion Doesn't last on as long as I would like to, need to be reapplied throughout the day.

on 1/21/2017 4:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I'm using this as a foundation as well as concealer. I'm super happy with this and will keep using it as long as the coconut oil doesn't break me out.

I have dry skin and live in a cold climate. This doesn't glide on easily for me unless I apply oil under. It doesn't really give me a shiny/dewy finish either. I'm fine with that as I'm not used to it anyway.

I have the shade 000. I struggle with finding natural foundation that is pale/pink enough. (I tried Benecos; too yellow - Dr. Hauschka; too dark - Lavera; reeks of flowers - and that's all of my local selection.)This didn't look like it would match (seemed kind of on the yellow/pasty side) but worked when applied - it actually does color adjust a little. They describe this shade as being "for the true snow-whites" but there are paler people than me out there. I might need 00 in the summer but right now (in the middle of winter) 00 is a little too dark/yellow for me.

I love the texture when it's on - almost invisible! My biggest pet peeve (apart from smell and not finding a color match) is when foundation makes all my peach fuss visible - and that doesn't happen at all with this.

I use my fingers and mostly put it under my eyes and sometimes on my cheeks. It does settle into a crease I have below my eyes, so I set it with powder (also from rms) which mostly stops it. I honestly don't mind so much though, it doesn't show unless I make funny faces to "open up" the crease/line - but something to be aware of if that's a problem for you. It doesn't settle into fine lines or look cakey at all for me.

One thing I noticed is that it accentuates pores etc if my skin is very dry. I can avoid that by applying a little oil under.

It's not full coverage, I'd say sheer-medium. I find it is much easier to get better coverage when taking product from the pot rather than the sample. It's good enough for my dark circles but doesn't hide my red cheeks completely. Instead it tones them down and gives a smoother look to my face which I love.

It has a slight smell although it is unscented. I normally hate (with the fire of a thousand suns) and can't use products that smell like anything at all but I actually like this smell - and it disappears within the hour.

The only thing I positively don't like is that I have a flaky nose right now and it accentuates that.

on 1/13/2017 1:06:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I love this product. I'm so amazed it actually does what it says. I'm so happy it performs well. It is creamy but not slippery, pigmented, dewy, and I'm lucky but I got a fantastic shade match in 11. You can really layer this without it looking weird so it's anything from very sheer to medium coverage. It doesn't sink into pores or lines and is slightly plumping especially in my eye area. I've used a small dense flat brush, a fluffier concealer brush and my fingers all with great success. I bet a bb sponge would make it too sheer though. It doesn't smell like anything which I love. I've bought a lot of base products and so his one is a keeper!

on 10/2/2016 9:44:00 PM

I love this as a sort of concealer/ foundation hybrid. I don't use it as an undereye concealer or on any spots, rather as a foundation/ concealer to cover up any redness on my cheeks, chin, or around my nose. It looks so natural and looks good under my setting power (RCMA No Color Power). I am a huge advocate for green beauty, so I will continue to purchase.

on 9/27/2016 7:14:00 PM

I read a lot of reviews yet I have never written one myself, until now! I just had to inform the makeup world of how much I love this product. I suffer from Eczema on my face and am currently treating it with diet, reducing environmental allergens and using only gentle Dermaviduals and Avene products. I needed a concealer/foundation to cover up my redness in the meantime that wasn't going to irritate or worsen my issues. And RMS Beauty Un Cover Up is it!

Pros: - The natural oils are actually really hydrating it feels like I am applying a healing balm.
- Non irritating at all
- Gives a gorgeous dewy glow once it has melted into your skin. Having bad skin makes me appreciate natural skin even more, so I love that this product leaves you looking fresh faced.
- Can be a sheer look or can be layered for more coverage where needed.

Cons: - Coverage isn't super high enough to cover the worst of my redness on bad days, I'm currently on the hunt for an organic green corrector to put underneath.
- Needs a top up throughout the day, luckily I have such dry skin that it doesn't slip off like it would on oily skins.
- I don't love that I have to use my fingers and dip it into the pot... i started off using a brush or beauty blender but fingers are by far the best technique for me.