rms beauty "Un" Cover-Up

rms beauty
image 1image 2image 3

3.5

*Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, *Ricinus Cummunis (Castor) Seed Oil, *Cera Alba (Beeswax), *Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, *Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Tocopherol (non-GMO), *Rosemarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Extract. May conatin[ /-]: Titanium Dioxide CL 77891, Iron Oxides Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl77499. * Certified Organic

on 7/18/2016 4:41:00 AM

While this is not the same amount of coverage or consistency as MAC studio fix or Tarte Amazonian Clay, this is a great concealer for those who want the "no make up" makeup look. I find that I have to warm up the product so i use my ring finger and apply it on my under eye area and any where else that I have a blemish or redness. I do have to warn though, this is not full coverage, and you might not like this if that is something you always look for. I also want to mention that I would not use this for all over the face or wear this over foundationas it is a bit too oily for that. But when I wear it on the areas that need a bit of coverage, no one can tell I am even wearing anything! I would recommend getting a few samples and playing with it ( I hated it when I first got it since I was used to using MAC, but I LOVE it now) and seeing how you like it best, if at all. For color reference I am light with yellow under tones, MAC NC 20-25.

I've been researching this product for months and finally made the trek to one of the very few stores in Canada that carry it so I could test it out in person before purchasing. Am I ever glad I tried this in store before shelling out for this. The product is really difficult to apply, and I have oily skin so you'd think between that and the heat of my fingertips it would glide one. NOPE. I tested shade 33, a little too orange/peachy for my skin tone, shade 22 was a good match though. As I talked to the SA and continued applying the product I thought maybe I'd get used to the consistency because the match was good however, when I turned the mirror to the magnifying side this concealer settled into pore and looked like I had the dreaded polka dot face. No matter how much I tried to blend it I couldn't get it to work. The other thing I'll mention about this is how ridiculously expensive it is ($46 CDN) for the smallest pot of product. I understand it is super thick but doesn't seem to provide enough coverage without layering many coats on. I wish this had worked out for me because I like the idea of using all natural, organic products on my skin but it just wasn't the right product for me.

To Read all 87 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This is by hands down the best concealer I've used! I use the shade #55 which is perfect for darker skin tones! It's very hydrating and easy to apply. I set this with the un cover powder, which at first I was worried about incase it was going to be ashy. But nope. Another amazing product. Both work wonders and now I'm super happy with my concealer and powder and don't have to worry about trying out different ones. Definitely recommend and I will definitely be required buying!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a great foundation. It comes in a small glass pot, and lasts and lasts. It is formulated with natural oils and feels great to put on. I have shade #11 and it is a perfect match for my fair skin. I have also used the similar product from Kjear Weis in shade Paper thin - which is a bit lighter than the RMS. Other differences between KJ and RMS: KJ is drier and more difficult to spread I think, and RMS is more oily and easy to use. I have dry skin on the cheeks and a more oily T-zone and usually use some blotting papers during the days in the summer. Even though KJ is less oily, I would still choose RMS since it is so easy to put on (I use my fingers) and because of the perfect shade match. Putting on makeup now is fun and easy. And most important of all: this type of foundation makes my skin look flawless. I think that you have to get used to using natural products over a couple of years, or at least give your skin a few months to adjust to products without silicons, fillers etc. This foundation doesn´t have fillers, and it takes a while for a person accustomed to say, Clinique Superbalanced foundation, to really appreciate a natural foundation. Some would call this strange.

FYI, my skin routine: I started using almond oil (2/3) mixed with some castor oil (1/3) a couple of years ago, to remove makeup in the evenings. I had had so many problems with inflamed skin, acne, blackheads etc. before and just wanted to treat my skin right.

At first, I did not like oil cleansing super-much, it didn't feel glamorous. I think that it for me has been a slow progress towards oil cleansing thanks to having used other balms (for example Spiezia) and cleansers like Liz Earle Hot Cloth. I never ever look back for soap on my face. Will never use soap on my face again.

A while ago, I saw makeup artist Lisa Eldridge's video on face massage and started to make longer massages for my face skin in the evenings with the oil mix. After a 5-10 minute massage, I take a hot, wet (and clean) piece of terry cloth and hold against my face and lightly take away the oil. After this, I almost don´t have to put on moisturizer, but I always use a small amount of Dr. Alkaitis Night cream and the Alkaitis eye cream. (No fillers in Dr. Alkaitis either. Let yourself try the natural stuff and have patience with your skin adjusting). This routine has transformed my skin. I don't need facials, I don't have pimples, I don't even have blackheads or whiteheads or any of the problems that I used to have before. My skin is beautiful. I like the fact that I now also can use world-class natural makeup too, like Kjaer Weis or RMS Beauty. I hope this was helpful.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The product is so dry, creases instantly. I have normal to dry skin but I put this on after all my priming and moisturizing, still very dry. Even drugstore concealer can do better than this.

It's pretty expensive and useless. I had to throw it away. The packaging is awful. It's easy to get contaminated. Seriously, it doesn't matter if this is all natural or not. With germs all over it, I think it's better for my skin to hang out with chemicals.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have never used organic makeup until this line, even though I eat candy, snacks etc. I thought "hey, maybe my face would like this"

I got the UnCoverUp and the Bronzer at first, used both with no issues, but then I started realizing I'd get bumps, had no idea what was causing them-

Then I got the Living Luminizer and had concentrated small bumps in the area it was used, so cheekbones, around the eyes, bridge of nose...I put two and two together and I realized it was RMS-

Now the bronzer I get no bumps along the areas I apply it to, which is odd, just the UnCoverUp and Luminizer-
It may have less castor oil and coconut oil in it, but I just had to stop using the duo-

I have good skin, a bit dehydrated so I didn't need to truly cover anything up, I just wanted a dewy complexion with some color-Shade #22 was the best color I've had on my face, you would put it on and couldn't tell where I just applied it, that awesome of a match-

I know it does fade a bit over time which makes sense being it's so organic-

I think if your skin doesn't have an issue with the ingredients, you like light coverage then this is for you-

It took a month for me to realize my skin didn't like it-

1. Colour range / Colour match - as a foundation there's a very poor colour range, and the lightest shade is very yellow and not light enough for ultra pale persons.
2. Lasting power - for me not great, it settled into the fine lines on my forehead, and got quite oily looking as the day went on. Under my eyes is gathers a bit if over applied.
3. * Overall finish - natural looking, not matte if you put moisturizer on underneath, although it can tend to slip around after a while.
4. Coverage over blemishes / Rosacea - good for rosacea since it's very yellow, but it didn't sit on my blemishes well, or cover them up.
5. Performance under the eye area/dark circles - this is it's best point. It doesn't move around if you don't over apply. A little does a lot. Perhaps a little too oily for the undereye area, and I couldn't get a loose setting powder to sit over it without looking cakes.
6. Ingredients - contains coconut oil, which is an occlusive, and seriously breaks me out in blemishes! But if that doesn't bother you then it's got fantastic ingredients.
7. Effects on my skin drying/breakouts - seriously breaks me out see above. Also when I wore it for a week it dried out my skin, and accentuates my dry, flaky patches.
8. * Ease of application - very good, especially under the eyes, warm a bit between your fingers first then gently dab it on.
9. Price - extremely expensive if you intend to wear it every day as a foundation because the amount in the pot is small. As a concealer, though, it's lasting forever!
10. * Packaging - I love the glass pot and the metal lid, heavy but renewable so who cares?
I've reviewed this as a foundation not a concealer because that's how most people seem to use it. 3/10 stars.
At first I hated this stuff. I thought it was overpriced and useless, but it has grown on me since I have up on it as a foundation, and now just use it as a concealer. It's not perfect though by any means.
It's OK as a concealer, it does provide good coverage, but it looks so oily, and I prefer not to look oily under the eyes because it accentuates my bags! It doesn't have great staying power, I've noticed it gathers a bit right under the inner corner of my eye about 10 mins after application if I use too much, and whether I use Primer or not, and a setting powder makes it look cakey. Sigh.
As a concealer it does go a long way for your money. I'm using it, because it would be a waste of money just to chuck it, but I won't buy it again.

on 3/4/2016 10:40:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I have very fair skin with neutral-yellow undertones (N10) & this concealer has been my HG concealer for nearly 2 years now. The tiny jar it comes in has actually lasted that long, too, and while I did not use it every day, I used it very frequently. It is a full-medium coverage concealer and a little goes a long way! I purchased this online in the lightest shade available. I have dry skin, and this blends so well, nit feels as if it almost 'melts' into your skin. I have actually saved $ over the long run even though this product is pretty pricey because of the tiny amount needed per application + it is long-acting/wearing (for me, at least). I have always used it with a primer beforehand, however, and it has worked consistently well with several different primers (ie: Smashbox Photo Finish Original, Smashbox Primer Oil, Maybelline Baby Skin, E.L.F. Hydrating Primer, etc...). I am just now down to the very last of the jar, and would definitely repurchase!!!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This has a ton of hype and I get it! It is great - its got a very natural look and I can basically skip using a foundation with this. It's very easy to blend in and very natural looking. I just spot cover on my face and undereyes where I need some color correction. The ingredients of this are very natural which I love. My only complaint about this is that its very emollient in that it kinda has an oily feel when putting on the skin - due to the fact this is coconut oil based. I don't mind it right now that its winter but wonder whether I will be put off over the summer when my skin is a little bit more oily/sweaty. The price is also very steep. It's the best concealer I've found thus far while I'm transitioning to green beauty. I think this is going to become a staple.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I have this in the shade 11 for my nc18 skintone, it's a okay color for me but not perfect. I really thought this would be a really good concealer for my skin (scaly areas because of serborriec dermatitis, skin looks dry but is more oily at the same time) BUT it highlights all of the dryness and clumps up on my skin unfortunately. It's in a little pot, so it's hard to keep clean.

If you're looking for a nice concealer that looks natural, Bobbi Browns Intensive Skin Serum Concealer is really light and moisturising.