rms beauty "Un" Cover-Up

rms beauty
Glossy Lid with RMS Beauty Products

3.7

*Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, *Ricinus Cummunis (Castor) Seed Oil, *Cera Alba (Beeswax), *Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, *Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Tocopherol (non-GMO), *Rosemarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Extract. May conatin[ /-]: Titanium Dioxide CL 77891, Iron Oxides Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl77499. * Certified Organic

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Skin type: Combo/dry/dehydrated, somewhat sensitive, slightly breakout prone/mild hormonal acne

Skin tone: very pale redhead with neutral undertones, mild redness on cheeks/nose/chin with some broken capillaries

Product details: $36 for 0.2oz on dermstore.com, however I paid $31 by choosing the "subscription" option. Packaged in a minimal glass pot w/ aluminum screw top lid. I chose shade "000" which is the lightest option and it truly pulls neutral w/o any pink or yellow tones. For reference NC15 in mac is too dark for me. Has a very thick cream concealer texture that "liquifies" with body heat.

Ingredients: *Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, *Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, *Cera Alba (Beeswax), *Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, *Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Tocopherol (non-GMO), *Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Extract. May Contain [+/-]: Titanium Dioxide CI 77891, Iron Oxides CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499.
*Certified Organic

My thoughts: Before this product I was using Maybelline dream cushion in Porcelain 10 which I liked but was just a touch too dark. Before that I used a mineral powder foundation for YEARS as I have zero foundation application skills. Needless to say I found that there is a definite learning curve to this foundation/concealer but once you figure out how to make it work for you it is lovely. As far as price is concerned, $36 may seem a bit steep but I purchased in April and it is now September and I still haven't hit the bottom of the pot with daily use. Light layers is the best way to go with this foundation as using a heavy hand will crease and highlight pores. When it comes to coverage this is best for light to barely medium. You can build but in my opinion you won't get anywhere near full or a true medium coverage with this alone. I believe it is due to the coconut oil base which causes the product to "thin" on the skin with body heat. This makes it wonderful for literally "melting" into the skin and looking and feeling incredibly natural. It plays well with powders layered over the top whether they are opaque or sheer and I would highly recommend using a setting powder to keep this from traveling. I read in another review that while this doesn't go strong ALL DAY, it fades gracefully. I completely agree with that as by the end of the day it has obviously diminished but I look far from haggard. I can even go for a run after work in 98 degree heat and go to the store after and not feel hideous. I was initially worried about the coconut oil base as I cannot use it on my face or body but surprisingly I haven't broken out from this at all. Overall, I will absolutely repurchase once I run out and would recommend giving this a try if you are looking for a natural, light coverage.

My application method: I found that the best application method for me is to apply with my fingers in a patting motion to well moisturized skin. Using a brush or sponge seems to result in a streaky appearance that emphasizes any peach fuzz or pores. After patting SPARINGLY (less is definitely more with this product) to problem areas I let it sit for a short time before pressing into my face with a clean sponge to really "meld" it with my skin. I then use a mineral foundation to spot conceal any left over redness with a brush using a patting motion, and follow with a light dusting all over the face. Then comes the clean sponge again to pat, pat, pat all over. As a last step, I set with rms beauty loose powder using a big, fluffy brush, after which I "press" it all into my skin with clean hands. I know this method sounds a bit labor intense but, it really doesn't take that long once you get it down and I live in a very hot/dry climate and this application makes my makeup last.

Age = 46
Skin type = Dry/sensitive, slightly visible pores along cheeks/nasal area

Pros = NO weird smell, good consistency, 100% natural, good price point for amount you get

Cons = So far, for me, none

Overall review: I am currently using a sample I received from DetoxMarket. I had read other reviews in regard to this product, and thought I would sample prior to purchase. I'm glad I did, and I should be receiving my "big little jar" sometime this week. This product, for ME, personally, is my holy grail. It covers my dark circles, covers a weird vein that has popped up/is more visible beside my right eye, and works well as an eyelid primer--please note, I have dry skin. It also covers redness from rosascea, covers my scar under my nose (was born premature, had an oxygen tube strapped under my nose up into my cupid's bow, had to cut tube out when skin started to grow around it, thus the scar) and makes my face look flawless. I am currently using shade 22. Though I'm not the palest, I'm not exactly. . . . dark. I cannot tan, but Shade 11 was far too light. so Shade 22 it is! 100% will purchase again and definitely reccommend!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Update: I bought 22 in addition to 11 and I mix them to match the slight color I have gotten for the summer even though I wear sunscreen everyday. I am still liking it.

I've been using this for a week as an all over foundation and concealer and totally love it. I was worried this would break out or irritate my rosacea skin but I have not had any reactions to it. The small size of the pot has me worried that it won't last me long but since it is an all in one product it is convenient. It makes my mature skin glow and look luminous. I bought color 11 for my NC 20 skin color and it is near perfect. I do powder over it with the RMS unpowder and this step helps to set it. Lasts most of the day for me. I do have to add a little bit extra to my eye circles as the day goes on because I have some fading. I use my fingers to apply this. Still on the fence whether I need the RMS brush.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

When I first tried this, I didn't like it. But I quickly grew to love it.

My initial problem with this was that it was a bit too drying and I prefer more moisturizing under eye concealers. As straight-forward as this sounds, it worked. I simply added a heaver coat of undereye moisturizer and immediately put this concealer on.

Pros
- good coverage
- "natural" ingredients
- does not dry
- the pot it comes in, although small, lasts a VERY long time

Cons
- Price (but one pot of this will last you a long time)
- Ease of purchase / this brand is not sold everywhere

on 8/8/2017 4:36:00 PM

I've used this for a year, and this product has become a favorite! I use it both as an undereye concealer, and as a foundation - mostly in the center of my face. I have combination, sensitive skin. This foundation/concealer (can't really decide what it is) lasts all day, doesn't dry or crack and doesn't make me break out. I use 22 most year, 33 in summer. It is a bit pricy (at least in Norway where you can only buy it in one store), but it lasts long despite its modest size. Try it!

on 8/8/2017 1:12:00 PM

My skin usually doesn't react well to coconut oil based products. I love this concealer for under the eyes when set with a finishing powder.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I use this RMS concealer mainly under my eyes - it works really well, creases just a tiny bit and on a good day (one when on the previous day I was a good girl, had some good sleep and lots of water) it seems to be enough to make me look well rested and fresher.

I have a shade 11 (I'm quite pale with yellow undertones) and it melts under my eyes perfectly, however, for the rest of my face is a bit too pale so I will not be using it as a foundation.

Fingers work best here as an application method but there are many other more effective concealers out there so I'm on the fence about repurchasing (it is a good product so I ticked 'yes' box) and I wonder if it is much more different from a Glossier one that I'm currently lusting after as they do not ship to UK yet.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this foundation. I use 22 all over and 11 under the eyes and round the chin.
It is quite a bit glowy at first, but dries down soon as the skin drinks the coconut oil. I do powder over the t zone. It stays on surprisingly well - looks like 2nd skin.

Edit: Forgot to mention, I apply it with the RMS brush - I find it much easier then fingers for all over the face application. For under eyes I do tap with fingers.

on 6/14/2017 9:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

No. 22 was sold out for a while but I'm glad I finally got my hands on it. I've read so many good reviews, I was intrigued and now I know what other people know..it's an excellent concealer!

on 5/27/2017 4:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

The steep price is understandable ($50 CAD) if you take into account the organic and wholesome ingredients. At the end of the day though, this tiny glass lip-balm sized jar has the equivalent cost of other decent brand foundations containing 10 times as much product (ex. Smash box Studio Skin Foundation).

In terms of performance, it really isn't meant for people who have problem skin or any outstanding blemishes, like a larger pimple. My skin does not even have any of these, yet it made every pore and dry skin look magnified. Something about the product just does not blend into a smooth finish, you definitely should use an oily based moisturizer underneath. A regular water-gel moisturizer would not work under this product.

That being said, many skin types (mine included) would not be able to handle a coconut-oil based foundation that requires to be paired with another oil based moisturizer under it. My face felt slippery and greasy without a setting powder. Definitely not worth the $$