wet n wild Color Icon Single - Kitten 257A

Price: $

on 12/15/2016 9:15:00 AM

Grey toned purple, not well pigmented . Bad quality

on 1/19/2014 8:07:00 PM

This is so gorgeous. Ohmygosh. I got it for a dollar in New York, and it's not bright and insanely pigmented. Which is okay, because I love the end result it gives me! It's a pale, slightly deeper lilac color which is beautiful on the lid, paired with a black. It's taken me forever to use it, I love it and have not even hit pan. For a dollar, would totally recommend!

on 2/17/2013 11:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I bought this after buying the color icon series. Thinking it would be the same quality; i was wrong.

on 1/24/2013 9:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I heard this is a dupe for NARS Strada.

The payoff is rather poor without a primer tho.

Under lemon aid, it finally shows off the purple with gold shimmer, however it's more of a taupe undertone, rather than pure light purple of Strada, which is a little bit disappointing, but I guess that's more wearable and subtle then.

on 10/19/2012 10:15:00 PM

I like this shadow. It's like a purple for grown up girls. I just can't get away with the vibrant or bright purples anymore...but I still love the way they look with my brown eyes and coloring. When I first tried this, i thought it was very powdery, and it can be messy if you get too much on your brush - but it's a beautiful, gentle purple with a subtle gold shimmer, and looks great as a daytime color. I usually wear it two ways - either as an all over lid color and smudged along the lower lashes as well, or just smudged on as a liner all around my eyes with a sheer beige shimmer or sheer pale pink shadow on the lid.

Even my MOM complimented me one day when I was wearing this shadow, and we all know how critical mom's can sometimes be of our makeup!

I think it could be a little less powdery and messy to use, but other than that, it's perfect - and I may buy a backup.

on 5/27/2012 1:39:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this because I am a huge WnW fan and it was one of their newest colors. Love it! If you ever wanted a "neutral" lilac tone, this is it. I have light olive skin, so I don't look great in silver, frosty tones, but this purple has gold shimmer in it, so it looks really complimentary with my brown eyes. I used a primer first and the color came out lovely. Like my favorite, Nutty, this one shows as a deeper color in the crease, so you can just use one shade. I will repurchase.

I found the pigmentation on this very weak, as many reviewers did. I tried it on top of techno, the purple WnW "jumbo pencil", which has really terrible pigmentation, as well. Well, the two together perform beautifully. The pencil gives the shadow a pretty iridescent sheen. Try it. It's not super pigmented, but it's definitely an improvement.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

I wasn't at al impressed with this color. It has very little pigment with or without primer.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Wet n Wild Color Icon #257A Kitten - this shadow looks gorgeous in the pan and pigmented when swatched on my fingertip. I was really excited initially to use this shadow however when I tried to use it come off as a really light almost white lilac color. I experimented with different brushes, keep building the color but nothing seemed to work. I decided to try it with my UDPP and it was a BIT better but the fall out was horrendous. I would not RECOMMEND this particular color. If you want to try any of the singles from Wet n' Wild try Brulee, Nutty & Penny. In my opinion they are the best ones in the singles.

on 9/16/2011 12:27:00 PM

Wow, not much love here for Kitten. I actually had a great experience with it, but the key is PRIMER. I swatched it on a dry hand and I couldn't see any color, just gold shimmer. But when I put it on over my primer this morning, it looks GREAT! It's a nice, opaque lavender with gold shimmer that can be buffed down if it's too much. I paired this with Sugar and it looks stunning on brown eyes. Very blendable, smooth, and pretty. Guess I got lucky with it.