wet n wild Color Icon Single - Kitten 257A

Color Icon Single - Kitten 257AWet n Wild Kitten

2.5

Price: $

Price: $

I lucked out and scored this for 75% off. 50 Cents! Anyway, Kitten is a nice purple/lilac color with gold shimmer. First swatch and nothing really showed up. The trick to this is primer. With the right primer (Too faced shadow insurance) this little gem is beautiful. I paired this with nutty. It looked fantastic. Glad I was lucky enough to get this at such a great price.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

I wasn't at al impressed with this color. It has very little pigment with or without primer.

on 3/31/2011 1:51:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

When you applied this shadow it looks like a golden color not light purple at all

on 7/5/2010 2:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

The first time I tried this shadow, I was really disappointed with the color payoff. I found it chalky and it just didn't show up on my medium beige skin tone. I almost ignored it but decided to give it another shot this morning. I used an eye primer and a light coat of NYX jumbo pencil in milk which I blended in well onto my eyelid. I used a flat brush to pack the color onto my eyelid and then blended it up into my crease and thought, okay, this looks better than the first time I used it. It's hot today and I was looking for a simple, one e/s color look so it's all I really used.. That and two coats of mascara. The lighting in my room wasn't great so I stepped in front of the window to do a final check on my makeup and YOWZA... my eyes looked GAWGEOUS!! This is a beautiful lavender color with flecks of gold. A truly lovely color. Just remember to use a cream or paint base and a flat brush to pack it on rather than sweeping it on.

on 6/10/2010 1:45:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I really want to love this color as it's so pretty in the pot. The vibrant, light purple with lots of fine gold and colored glitter. Unfortunately, when applied, you mostly just get the glitter part. The purple doesn't show up too well unless you really layer on the product.
It applies somewhat unevenly, but it comes out okay in the end if you work with it a bit. When I do use it, I apply it lightly into the crease and outer half of the lid and layer a darker purple on top to give some dimension to my makeup. It serves it's purpose well enough on that level, but this is not the product that I was hoping for. But I guess at $2, you get what you pay for.
I really love the coloricon palettes though, just haven't had much luck with the singles so far.

on 2/12/2010 10:36:00 PM

I second everything in the review below. The color description is accurate. Unfortunately, the level of pigmentation described there is also accurate - i.e. practically non-existent. Looks very washed out on my NC35 lids. I will just stick to MAC Violet pigment.