wet n wild Color Icon Single - Kitten 257A

Price: $

Price: $

on 2/17/2013 11:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I bought this after buying the color icon series. Thinking it would be the same quality; i was wrong.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This shade reminded me of an old StreetWear cream shadow that I used to have in high school (StreetWear - remember that?!). So for less than $3, I figured it was worth a shot.

The container is hard to open, first of all. Ugh. So many ruined nails. The color barely shows up by itself, so I actually put it on wet. If I use my finger to put it on, it get stained to a hot pink (no joke). Plus there's a huge dot in the middle of the shadow from where I have wet it previously.

I gave an extra lippy for the shade. It's not a bad shade by any means but I think that there is a better version of it out there.

These went on sale at a local store, and the colors had been luring me closer and closer to buying them for a long time. So I finally gave in and bought a couple.
I seriously don't know why I didnt' buy these SOONER! The colors are vibrant, the texture is to die for, and they apply and blend like a dream. So comparable to high end shadows. And at the $2 price range, there is no reason for you not to own them all.
Whats even better, is that there are a fair amount of shimmery shades, some glittery shades, and even some matte shades. (Including a gorgeous matte black). Wet N Wild seriously hit the nail right on the head with these babies!
I want to buy them all and stick them in a Z-Palette!

on 1/24/2013 9:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I heard this is a dupe for NARS Strada.

The payoff is rather poor without a primer tho.

Under lemon aid, it finally shows off the purple with gold shimmer, however it's more of a taupe undertone, rather than pure light purple of Strada, which is a little bit disappointing, but I guess that's more wearable and subtle then.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

I got this BOGOF and it is totally gorgeous. I know that the reviews are very mixed, so I didn't expect much. I must confess Kitten blew me away. Over primer (ELF, nothing special), it is a beautiful lavender with fine gold shimmer. A color that to die for, especially on green eyes (and probably brown, too). Yes, the texture is a little more powdery than say, Nutty, but I don't have any problems with it. I actually find the color very true to what it looks like in the pan. No, this is not a deep purple, its lavender. Yes, its very buildable, so you can get a definite color out of it or you can wear a light wash (both look great). I have absolutely no regrets...perfect for spring and summer.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

The payoff on this is pretty terrible on its own, and just ok over UDPP, but I found that Fyrinnae's Pixie Epoxy made it really vibrant. If you have a tube, give it a try before you throw out this otherwise meh color.

on 12/10/2010 3:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Kitten was a let-down because all of the other Color Icon shadows are so good. This is a bland, glittery mess with an undesirable gritty texture that hardly shows up on my super pale skin. I swatched this on my hand, ran my finger over it, and it looked like nothing was ever there to begin with.

on 11/10/2010 11:49:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I can't believe all the low reviews on about this shadow! It makes me wonder if people are confused on how to apply shadow - I know that sounds snotty but seriously!

I love the silky, velvet texture this shadow has. It is a sheen of purple with a hint of gold undertones. THERE IS NO GLITTER or even flecks like other reviewers have stated. I'm seriously wondering if they changed the formulation recently!

I pat it onto my lids for best pigmentation - it's not as pigmented as Urban Decay but it's not suppose to be - the color in the pan is a light lilac with a gold sheen.

I love it and don't have any complaints - yes a bit pigmented would be nice but look @ how it appears in the pan - it should not lead one to believe it's going to be a deep, bold purple

on 7/29/2010 5:21:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Luckily i got this on sale for about $1 at walgreens. its looks really pretty in the pan but when you swatch it, its not pigmented like the other shadows in the same line. I would not repurchase this again..

on 7/5/2010 2:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

The first time I tried this shadow, I was really disappointed with the color payoff. I found it chalky and it just didn't show up on my medium beige skin tone. I almost ignored it but decided to give it another shot this morning. I used an eye primer and a light coat of NYX jumbo pencil in milk which I blended in well onto my eyelid. I used a flat brush to pack the color onto my eyelid and then blended it up into my crease and thought, okay, this looks better than the first time I used it. It's hot today and I was looking for a simple, one e/s color look so it's all I really used.. That and two coats of mascara. The lighting in my room wasn't great so I stepped in front of the window to do a final check on my makeup and YOWZA... my eyes looked GAWGEOUS!! This is a beautiful lavender color with flecks of gold. A truly lovely color. Just remember to use a cream or paint base and a flat brush to pack it on rather than sweeping it on.