wet n wild Color Icon Single - Kitten 257A

Price: $

on 3/25/2015 7:34:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Curly, Medium

I would repurchase this (though I have a backup), but as I haven't seen it in a store for over a year, I think it's been discontinued. This is one of my go-to shadows, and I have a LOT of eyeshadow! Especially purples...my fave color.

As I'm older, I can't rock the bright purples without looking clownish. I use the matte Revlon purple (aubergine) in the crease with this, and they create a very nice daytime look: not too much, not too little. I use these over primer, as I do all powder shadows. I do have the Glamrock too, but prefer this one. If you do run across this, know that it goes on nicely but the color isn't nearly as bright on as it appears in the pan.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I do love these color icon shadows but I think this shade is much prettier in the package than on the eye, even over UD primer. If you are looking for a single purple shade try Glamrock instead of Kitten, it's much more vibrant and they make an eyeshadow pencil in a very similar shade. I grabbed this for half the normal price so it's not that it wasn't worth it, but between the annoyance of opening the case and having more vivid purple shades, I can't say I'll use it often.

on 5/26/2012 11:17:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This is a decent budget eyeshadow. The color is soft and blendable, and I recommend wearing it over a good primer because like most cheap eyeshadows, it will flake off and run over time. I wouldn't recommend foiling it, because even over a primer, it flakes off.

on 2/21/2012 8:15:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

The packaging is somewhat of a pain to get into. The texture of this shadow is definitely not as smooth or pigmented as most of the others from this brand. That being said, the shimmery cool purple color is gorgeous and goes very well with my hazel eyes. I apply this over ELF mineral primer in a wash over my lid and it's perfect and doesn't crease by the end of the day. The color isn't deep or dramatic but very nice for an everyday look or wash of color.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I thought this was a great color - I find the vibancy and tecture to be like MAC VP e/s. I'm liking this. The color I would describe as a darker Beautiful Iris.

I bought this, Nutty, and Brulee, at Wags for $1.99 each. I eyed the palettes for a bit, and I did find colors in each of them that I would like, but not enough to commit to the entire palette (I know - a whopping $4.99, and I can't commit :)

But really - I found the individual colors to be great, and am enjoying them!