wet n wild Color Icon Single - Kitten 257A

Price: $

Price: $

on 10/20/2012 1:03:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

The only color you will see is in the pan. Terrible colour pay off.

on 10/19/2012 10:15:00 PM

I like this shadow. It's like a purple for grown up girls. I just can't get away with the vibrant or bright purples anymore...but I still love the way they look with my brown eyes and coloring. When I first tried this, i thought it was very powdery, and it can be messy if you get too much on your brush - but it's a beautiful, gentle purple with a subtle gold shimmer, and looks great as a daytime color. I usually wear it two ways - either as an all over lid color and smudged along the lower lashes as well, or just smudged on as a liner all around my eyes with a sheer beige shimmer or sheer pale pink shadow on the lid.

Even my MOM complimented me one day when I was wearing this shadow, and we all know how critical mom's can sometimes be of our makeup!

I think it could be a little less powdery and messy to use, but other than that, it's perfect - and I may buy a backup.

This particular color is my least favorite out of the individual shadows by Wet n' Wild. The color payoff is not that great and I find that there is quite a lot of fallout as well, also that the color seems to fade throughout the day. The packaging isn't the greatest either as they're very hard to open and a bit too small.

on 9/8/2011 10:26:00 PM

I bought this on Tuesday August 31st at my local Walgreens for $0.99 ( marked down from $1.99) and I LOVE it! The color is absoulty beautiful and very pigmented, the lilac is very noticable are very complimenting!
One of my favorite eyeshadows! I also have the wet N wild color icon single in Envy. Both are very beautiful!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

I got this BOGOF and it is totally gorgeous. I know that the reviews are very mixed, so I didn't expect much. I must confess Kitten blew me away. Over primer (ELF, nothing special), it is a beautiful lavender with fine gold shimmer. A color that to die for, especially on green eyes (and probably brown, too). Yes, the texture is a little more powdery than say, Nutty, but I don't have any problems with it. I actually find the color very true to what it looks like in the pan. No, this is not a deep purple, its lavender. Yes, its very buildable, so you can get a definite color out of it or you can wear a light wash (both look great). I have absolutely no regrets...perfect for spring and summer.

on 4/19/2011 2:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Colour payoff is fine as long as you use a quality primer. It doesn't last however; I found it faded a lot throughout the day. I wouldn't buy it again.
And can someone tell me why in the world they make these little containers so difficult to open?!?!

on 3/27/2011 12:15:00 AM

As others have said, this has poor color payoff. I applied it over a concealer, and it was passable, but the gold flecks are more noticeable than the color most of the time. Packaging is as cheap as it gets, and the shadow is inclined to break even with careful handling. There are definitely better violet/lavender shadows out there.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

With a primer, this shadow will appear as it does in the pan. Gorgeous lilac with beautiful golden shimmer! If you use it with no primer though, it barely shows any color. Just some subtle golden shimmer, which actually isn't bad, just not the color of the pan. I'd recommend this color.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

The payoff on this is pretty terrible on its own, and just ok over UDPP, but I found that Fyrinnae's Pixie Epoxy made it really vibrant. If you have a tube, give it a try before you throw out this otherwise meh color.

on 11/29/2010 9:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

Wet n wild has great quality eyeshadows for a nice price. They have really improved over the years. I saw this beautiful lilac color and I just had to have it, as lilac looks wonderful on dark eyes. I put it on and I was disappointed, the color pay off is crap. It also looks 'ashy'. Wet n wild usually has nice pigmented color eyeshadow, but this one was a a miss.