wet n wild Color Icon Single - Kitten 257A

3.3

Price: $

Price: $

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I found this in the clearance section at my grocery store, so it's possible that this is being discontinued.

Sadly, it will be no big loss if it is.

This is a dusty, dry, fairly unpigmented purple with gold sparkles. This goes on pretty sheer and is a muted light/mid purple. This shadow isn't really shimmery, it's more matte with some sparkles.

Not as good as WnW's Color Icon trios or 8 pans. I'd recommend going ahead, dropping another $3, and buying Petal Power (8 pan) and getting a wider variety of pretty purples that are more pigmented and shimmery.

I have other purples I like better (like Petal Power), so I will probably end up scraping the powder out of the pan (I deported as magnetized) and pressing a different powder in there.

on 3/25/2015 7:34:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Curly, Medium

I would repurchase this (though I have a backup), but as I haven't seen it in a store for over a year, I think it's been discontinued. This is one of my go-to shadows, and I have a LOT of eyeshadow! Especially purples...my fave color.

As I'm older, I can't rock the bright purples without looking clownish. I use the matte Revlon purple (aubergine) in the crease with this, and they create a very nice daytime look: not too much, not too little. I use these over primer, as I do all powder shadows. I do have the Glamrock too, but prefer this one. If you do run across this, know that it goes on nicely but the color isn't nearly as bright on as it appears in the pan.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I do love these color icon shadows but I think this shade is much prettier in the package than on the eye, even over UD primer. If you are looking for a single purple shade try Glamrock instead of Kitten, it's much more vibrant and they make an eyeshadow pencil in a very similar shade. I grabbed this for half the normal price so it's not that it wasn't worth it, but between the annoyance of opening the case and having more vivid purple shades, I can't say I'll use it often.

on 2/17/2013 11:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I bought this after buying the color icon series. Thinking it would be the same quality; i was wrong.

These went on sale at a local store, and the colors had been luring me closer and closer to buying them for a long time. So I finally gave in and bought a couple.
I seriously don't know why I didnt' buy these SOONER! The colors are vibrant, the texture is to die for, and they apply and blend like a dream. So comparable to high end shadows. And at the $2 price range, there is no reason for you not to own them all.
Whats even better, is that there are a fair amount of shimmery shades, some glittery shades, and even some matte shades. (Including a gorgeous matte black). Wet N Wild seriously hit the nail right on the head with these babies!
I want to buy them all and stick them in a Z-Palette!

Nice color, but poor pigmentation, at least it was cheap so it's not a total loss. This eyeshadow was just ok, and I really had to pack on the color with a stuff brush over a base for it to show

on 6/19/2012 4:39:00 PM

I generally try to stay away from wet and wild products as I was always disappointed with their products in the past. On a whim I decided to get one of their eyeshadow singles that caught my eye, and I was surprised at the quality. Wet and Wild has really stepped it up with their eyeshadow! I like the texture, the pigmentation and the staying power. I was very surprised by this and I will definitely purchase other colors in this collection.

on 5/26/2012 11:17:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This is a decent budget eyeshadow. The color is soft and blendable, and I recommend wearing it over a good primer because like most cheap eyeshadows, it will flake off and run over time. I wouldn't recommend foiling it, because even over a primer, it flakes off.

on 2/21/2012 8:15:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

The packaging is somewhat of a pain to get into. The texture of this shadow is definitely not as smooth or pigmented as most of the others from this brand. That being said, the shimmery cool purple color is gorgeous and goes very well with my hazel eyes. I apply this over ELF mineral primer in a wash over my lid and it's perfect and doesn't crease by the end of the day. The color isn't deep or dramatic but very nice for an everyday look or wash of color.

on 4/19/2011 2:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Colour payoff is fine as long as you use a quality primer. It doesn't last however; I found it faded a lot throughout the day. I wouldn't buy it again.
And can someone tell me why in the world they make these little containers so difficult to open?!?!