wet n wild Color Icon Single - Kitten 257A

Price: $

on 3/25/2015 7:34:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Curly, Medium

I would repurchase this (though I have a backup), but as I haven't seen it in a store for over a year, I think it's been discontinued. This is one of my go-to shadows, and I have a LOT of eyeshadow! Especially purples...my fave color.

As I'm older, I can't rock the bright purples without looking clownish. I use the matte Revlon purple (aubergine) in the crease with this, and they create a very nice daytime look: not too much, not too little. I use these over primer, as I do all powder shadows. I do have the Glamrock too, but prefer this one. If you do run across this, know that it goes on nicely but the color isn't nearly as bright on as it appears in the pan.

These went on sale at a local store, and the colors had been luring me closer and closer to buying them for a long time. So I finally gave in and bought a couple.
I seriously don't know why I didnt' buy these SOONER! The colors are vibrant, the texture is to die for, and they apply and blend like a dream. So comparable to high end shadows. And at the $2 price range, there is no reason for you not to own them all.
Whats even better, is that there are a fair amount of shimmery shades, some glittery shades, and even some matte shades. (Including a gorgeous matte black). Wet N Wild seriously hit the nail right on the head with these babies!
I want to buy them all and stick them in a Z-Palette!

on 9/8/2011 10:26:00 PM

I bought this on Tuesday August 31st at my local Walgreens for $0.99 ( marked down from $1.99) and I LOVE it! The color is absoulty beautiful and very pigmented, the lilac is very noticable are very complimenting!
One of my favorite eyeshadows! I also have the wet N wild color icon single in Envy. Both are very beautiful!

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

This shadow has some glitter particles infused in the pigment so as always, with these kind of shadows, I have to use a good, sticky base for it to work. When I pat on this shadow over a cream shadow or NYX Jumbopencil, it works like a charm as a natural, pretty lavender eyeshadow! You can't beat the price with a stick!! I love all the Color Icon shadows really.. :):) I usually don't like glitter chunks, but this shade has glitter specks..very fine, micro-shimmers..and every once in a while, it can work for me. :)

xoxoxo
- Mad Madam Jess

on 7/5/2010 2:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

The first time I tried this shadow, I was really disappointed with the color payoff. I found it chalky and it just didn't show up on my medium beige skin tone. I almost ignored it but decided to give it another shot this morning. I used an eye primer and a light coat of NYX jumbo pencil in milk which I blended in well onto my eyelid. I used a flat brush to pack the color onto my eyelid and then blended it up into my crease and thought, okay, this looks better than the first time I used it. It's hot today and I was looking for a simple, one e/s color look so it's all I really used.. That and two coats of mascara. The lighting in my room wasn't great so I stepped in front of the window to do a final check on my makeup and YOWZA... my eyes looked GAWGEOUS!! This is a beautiful lavender color with flecks of gold. A truly lovely color. Just remember to use a cream or paint base and a flat brush to pack it on rather than sweeping it on.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I like this purple a lot! It's not extremely fancy or unique, but it's pretty. It's a dusty purple color. It appears very shimmery in the pan, but I don't see any after it's applied, so if it's there, it's very subtle. It's not shockingly pigmented, I had to layer it quite a bit to get noticeable pigmentation, but it's subtle and pretty. It draws attention to the eyes without screaming "eyeshadow!!" I especially like the way it makes my green eyes stand out. It's very inexpensive and I would certainly repurchase.

on 5/8/2010 5:45:00 PM

I, personally thought that this was a really pretty color. It's a shimmery, sort of dark lavender shade. (My favorite color!) I thought it was pretty pigmented. It is a LITTLE bit chalky, but I think for $1.99, you can't beat it. I was suprised by the low rating of this shadow. The color is not "ugly" in my opinion. But it's defenetly more on the dark side of purple, depending on how you swatch it; with a light hand, few swipes, base underneath, etc. I would definetly re-purchase this gorgoeus shade again.(:

on 1/19/2014 8:07:00 PM

This is so gorgeous. Ohmygosh. I got it for a dollar in New York, and it's not bright and insanely pigmented. Which is okay, because I love the end result it gives me! It's a pale, slightly deeper lilac color which is beautiful on the lid, paired with a black. It's taken me forever to use it, I love it and have not even hit pan. For a dollar, would totally recommend!

on 10/19/2012 10:15:00 PM

I like this shadow. It's like a purple for grown up girls. I just can't get away with the vibrant or bright purples anymore...but I still love the way they look with my brown eyes and coloring. When I first tried this, i thought it was very powdery, and it can be messy if you get too much on your brush - but it's a beautiful, gentle purple with a subtle gold shimmer, and looks great as a daytime color. I usually wear it two ways - either as an all over lid color and smudged along the lower lashes as well, or just smudged on as a liner all around my eyes with a sheer beige shimmer or sheer pale pink shadow on the lid.

Even my MOM complimented me one day when I was wearing this shadow, and we all know how critical mom's can sometimes be of our makeup!

I think it could be a little less powdery and messy to use, but other than that, it's perfect - and I may buy a backup.

on 6/19/2012 4:39:00 PM

I generally try to stay away from wet and wild products as I was always disappointed with their products in the past. On a whim I decided to get one of their eyeshadow singles that caught my eye, and I was surprised at the quality. Wet and Wild has really stepped it up with their eyeshadow! I like the texture, the pigmentation and the staying power. I was very surprised by this and I will definitely purchase other colors in this collection.