wet n wild Color Icon Single - Kitten 257A

Price: $

Price: $

on 11/10/2010 11:49:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I can't believe all the low reviews on about this shadow! It makes me wonder if people are confused on how to apply shadow - I know that sounds snotty but seriously!

I love the silky, velvet texture this shadow has. It is a sheen of purple with a hint of gold undertones. THERE IS NO GLITTER or even flecks like other reviewers have stated. I'm seriously wondering if they changed the formulation recently!

I pat it onto my lids for best pigmentation - it's not as pigmented as Urban Decay but it's not suppose to be - the color in the pan is a light lilac with a gold sheen.

I love it and don't have any complaints - yes a bit pigmented would be nice but look @ how it appears in the pan - it should not lead one to believe it's going to be a deep, bold purple

on 7/5/2010 2:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

The first time I tried this shadow, I was really disappointed with the color payoff. I found it chalky and it just didn't show up on my medium beige skin tone. I almost ignored it but decided to give it another shot this morning. I used an eye primer and a light coat of NYX jumbo pencil in milk which I blended in well onto my eyelid. I used a flat brush to pack the color onto my eyelid and then blended it up into my crease and thought, okay, this looks better than the first time I used it. It's hot today and I was looking for a simple, one e/s color look so it's all I really used.. That and two coats of mascara. The lighting in my room wasn't great so I stepped in front of the window to do a final check on my makeup and YOWZA... my eyes looked GAWGEOUS!! This is a beautiful lavender color with flecks of gold. A truly lovely color. Just remember to use a cream or paint base and a flat brush to pack it on rather than sweeping it on.

on 12/15/2016 9:15:00 AM

Grey toned purple, not well pigmented . Bad quality

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

I got this BOGOF and it is totally gorgeous. I know that the reviews are very mixed, so I didn't expect much. I must confess Kitten blew me away. Over primer (ELF, nothing special), it is a beautiful lavender with fine gold shimmer. A color that to die for, especially on green eyes (and probably brown, too). Yes, the texture is a little more powdery than say, Nutty, but I don't have any problems with it. I actually find the color very true to what it looks like in the pan. No, this is not a deep purple, its lavender. Yes, its very buildable, so you can get a definite color out of it or you can wear a light wash (both look great). I have absolutely no regrets...perfect for spring and summer.

on 11/18/2010 9:15:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Wow, it's amazing that the quality of this eyeshadow is SO BAD when you compare it to the other new shadows from Wet n Wild! The color is so pretty in the pan, but it just doesn't translate well when applied to the lid. When I first bought it, I swatched it with my finger and applied it to the back of my hand....all I got was a faint purple smear with some gold microglitter, and when I rubbed my finger back over it, 90% of that pathetic swatch disappeared!! Applying it to my lids didn't go any better. With a brush, even with a patting motion application, the eyeshadow applied very splotchy (I also used TFSI), and there was gold microglitter fallout everywhere! (I do tap off my brush). Yesterday, I decided to give it one more try, and wear it to work as a wash. So I applied it with a sponge applicator, thinking that maybe this would be the trick that would give me a better application. It did deposit more color on my lid, but I still had a gold glitter mess all around my eye area, and when I stood back and looked in the mirror, I noticed that I looked really tired and run down. And it was the effect of the eyeshadow, I swear!! I was actually feeling fine and had gotten a normal night's sleep. I added Ulta's Mystique to my crease to try and save the look, because I didn't have time to redo everything. It helped a bit, but after this experience, my Kitten eyeshadow is going into my box of Makeup Limbo, which is where I put makeup that I'm not positive I want to get rid of, and might want to play around with some other time, or give away to the right person someday. Though really, I probably should have just thrown it away. Even I am not cheap enough to try and return it for the $1 I paid for it.....but I do wish I had spent that dollar on something else! I'm not sure what was up with the people at Wet n Wild when they approved this shadow for sale...it's just not comparable to the standard set by so many of their other shadows....even the old shadows were sooo much better!!

on 1/24/2011 2:34:00 PM

I can see why a lot of people would give this a low rating. On me, however, with the help of UD Primer Potion, this is a pretty shimmery lilac that really works with my brown eyes and olive skin.

This shadow is almost identical to Nars Strada, the color of which I looooooooooove in the pan, but in reality not so much. I could never get it to actually.show.up. on my lids. THOUGH I have had it for about 5 years, way before I discovered UDPP, so I plan on giving it another chance soon.

This shadow is easier to apply than the Nars. There is a bit of fallout. Stays all day w/ primer. Not bad at all for the buck I paid for it.

PS- the WnW Color Icon shade "Penny" is pretty much a dupe for UD "Jones." Just a heads up ladies :D

on 4/30/2010 8:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

For the life of me, I don't get the negative reviews for this shadow. With green eyes, I collect purple eye shadows, it was dirt cheap, and I wanted to try out some new products from the newly revamped Wet 'n Wild line. I layered this over my NYX jumbo eye pencil in 'milk' and swiped it on with my Lowell-Cornell 1/2 inch brush. The shadow DOES show up as the color in the pan, applies smoothly, and is fairly pigmented (more pigmented than one would expect for a $1.99 eye shadow). No complaints here.

on 10/20/2012 1:03:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

The only color you will see is in the pan. Terrible colour pay off.

I lucked out and scored this for 75% off. 50 Cents! Anyway, Kitten is a nice purple/lilac color with gold shimmer. First swatch and nothing really showed up. The trick to this is primer. With the right primer (Too faced shadow insurance) this little gem is beautiful. I paired this with nutty. It looked fantastic. Glad I was lucky enough to get this at such a great price.

I found the pigmentation on this very weak, as many reviewers did. I tried it on top of techno, the purple WnW "jumbo pencil", which has really terrible pigmentation, as well. Well, the two together perform beautifully. The pencil gives the shadow a pretty iridescent sheen. Try it. It's not super pigmented, but it's definitely an improvement.