wet n wild Color Icon Single - Kitten 257A

Price: $

Price: $

on 11/10/2010 11:49:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I can't believe all the low reviews on about this shadow! It makes me wonder if people are confused on how to apply shadow - I know that sounds snotty but seriously!

I love the silky, velvet texture this shadow has. It is a sheen of purple with a hint of gold undertones. THERE IS NO GLITTER or even flecks like other reviewers have stated. I'm seriously wondering if they changed the formulation recently!

I pat it onto my lids for best pigmentation - it's not as pigmented as Urban Decay but it's not suppose to be - the color in the pan is a light lilac with a gold sheen.

I love it and don't have any complaints - yes a bit pigmented would be nice but look @ how it appears in the pan - it should not lead one to believe it's going to be a deep, bold purple

on 7/5/2010 2:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

The first time I tried this shadow, I was really disappointed with the color payoff. I found it chalky and it just didn't show up on my medium beige skin tone. I almost ignored it but decided to give it another shot this morning. I used an eye primer and a light coat of NYX jumbo pencil in milk which I blended in well onto my eyelid. I used a flat brush to pack the color onto my eyelid and then blended it up into my crease and thought, okay, this looks better than the first time I used it. It's hot today and I was looking for a simple, one e/s color look so it's all I really used.. That and two coats of mascara. The lighting in my room wasn't great so I stepped in front of the window to do a final check on my makeup and YOWZA... my eyes looked GAWGEOUS!! This is a beautiful lavender color with flecks of gold. A truly lovely color. Just remember to use a cream or paint base and a flat brush to pack it on rather than sweeping it on.

on 12/15/2016 9:15:00 AM

I love purples and have tried the sample of this in the store on my hand several times, but found the purple a bit too grey for my liking. I tried it on my eyes one day, and immediately bought it as it shows up very differently and hardly looked grey. The product is well pigmented but I find it a little hard to blend well. The Color is very office appropriate and suitable for mature ladies as this is very subdued. I wear this as a wash of purple . This is not the most attractive purple I have , but it's very wearable , something I can wear daily , to office , to meetings, for dates etc without looking silly. Plays up my dark brown eyes very well. Going to try to blend in with pink tomorrow to create more dimension .

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

I got this BOGOF and it is totally gorgeous. I know that the reviews are very mixed, so I didn't expect much. I must confess Kitten blew me away. Over primer (ELF, nothing special), it is a beautiful lavender with fine gold shimmer. A color that to die for, especially on green eyes (and probably brown, too). Yes, the texture is a little more powdery than say, Nutty, but I don't have any problems with it. I actually find the color very true to what it looks like in the pan. No, this is not a deep purple, its lavender. Yes, its very buildable, so you can get a definite color out of it or you can wear a light wash (both look great). I have absolutely no regrets...perfect for spring and summer.

on 11/18/2010 9:15:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Wow, it's amazing that the quality of this eyeshadow is SO BAD when you compare it to the other new shadows from Wet n Wild! The color is so pretty in the pan, but it just doesn't translate well when applied to the lid. When I first bought it, I swatched it with my finger and applied it to the back of my hand....all I got was a faint purple smear with some gold microglitter, and when I rubbed my finger back over it, 90% of that pathetic swatch disappeared!! Applying it to my lids didn't go any better. With a brush, even with a patting motion application, the eyeshadow applied very splotchy (I also used TFSI), and there was gold microglitter fallout everywhere! (I do tap off my brush). Yesterday, I decided to give it one more try, and wear it to work as a wash. So I applied it with a sponge applicator, thinking that maybe this would be the trick that would give me a better application. It did deposit more color on my lid, but I still had a gold glitter mess all around my eye area, and when I stood back and looked in the mirror, I noticed that I looked really tired and run down. And it was the effect of the eyeshadow, I swear!! I was actually feeling fine and had gotten a normal night's sleep. I added Ulta's Mystique to my crease to try and save the look, because I didn't have time to redo everything. It helped a bit, but after this experience, my Kitten eyeshadow is going into my box of Makeup Limbo, which is where I put makeup that I'm not positive I want to get rid of, and might want to play around with some other time, or give away to the right person someday. Though really, I probably should have just thrown it away. Even I am not cheap enough to try and return it for the $1 I paid for it.....but I do wish I had spent that dollar on something else! I'm not sure what was up with the people at Wet n Wild when they approved this shadow for sale...it's just not comparable to the standard set by so many of their other shadows....even the old shadows were sooo much better!!

on 1/24/2011 2:34:00 PM

I can see why a lot of people would give this a low rating. On me, however, with the help of UD Primer Potion, this is a pretty shimmery lilac that really works with my brown eyes and olive skin.

This shadow is almost identical to Nars Strada, the color of which I looooooooooove in the pan, but in reality not so much. I could never get it to actually.show.up. on my lids. THOUGH I have had it for about 5 years, way before I discovered UDPP, so I plan on giving it another chance soon.

This shadow is easier to apply than the Nars. There is a bit of fallout. Stays all day w/ primer. Not bad at all for the buck I paid for it.

PS- the WnW Color Icon shade "Penny" is pretty much a dupe for UD "Jones." Just a heads up ladies :D

on 4/30/2010 8:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

For the life of me, I don't get the negative reviews for this shadow. With green eyes, I collect purple eye shadows, it was dirt cheap, and I wanted to try out some new products from the newly revamped Wet 'n Wild line. I layered this over my NYX jumbo eye pencil in 'milk' and swiped it on with my Lowell-Cornell 1/2 inch brush. The shadow DOES show up as the color in the pan, applies smoothly, and is fairly pigmented (more pigmented than one would expect for a $1.99 eye shadow). No complaints here.

on 2/17/2013 11:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I bought this after buying the color icon series. Thinking it would be the same quality; i was wrong.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This shade reminded me of an old StreetWear cream shadow that I used to have in high school (StreetWear - remember that?!). So for less than $3, I figured it was worth a shot.

The container is hard to open, first of all. Ugh. So many ruined nails. The color barely shows up by itself, so I actually put it on wet. If I use my finger to put it on, it get stained to a hot pink (no joke). Plus there's a huge dot in the middle of the shadow from where I have wet it previously.

I gave an extra lippy for the shade. It's not a bad shade by any means but I think that there is a better version of it out there.

on 10/20/2012 1:03:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

The only color you will see is in the pan. Terrible colour pay off.