wet n wild Color Icon Single - Kitten 257A

Price: $

on 1/23/2010 4:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Wet'n'Wild has recently revamped almost its entire line. Although I'm less than thrilled with the packaging and resizing (the new shadows are .06oz instead of .1oz), there are some really nice singles, like Nutty. I've also heard some good things about the palettes. Unfortunately, 257A Kitten is not so much one of my favorites. It's a pretty, unique shade in the pan: kind of a light/medium purple that is more blue than red with gold microshimmer. The texture is silky to the touch for a shimmer (not gritty), but doesn't apply evenly and it's super sheer. Swatched and on the lid, it's very washed out. It's much better with a base and if you layer it, it works really well in the crease with Nutty or another cool brown or taupe in the lid. I'd try other shades because I'm sure some of them have better pigmentation, and most of them are gorgeous in the pan.

on 2/12/2010 10:36:00 PM

I second everything in the review below. The color description is accurate. Unfortunately, the level of pigmentation described there is also accurate - i.e. practically non-existent. Looks very washed out on my NC35 lids. I will just stick to MAC Violet pigment.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I thought this was a great color - I find the vibancy and tecture to be like MAC VP e/s. I'm liking this. The color I would describe as a darker Beautiful Iris.

I bought this, Nutty, and Brulee, at Wags for $1.99 each. I eyed the palettes for a bit, and I did find colors in each of them that I would like, but not enough to commit to the entire palette (I know - a whopping $4.99, and I can't commit :)

But really - I found the individual colors to be great, and am enjoying them!

Kitten is pretty 'meh' for me. It's light purple, leaning more towards blue violet, with gold interference. It looks really good with a white base (NYX Milk) but by itself, the color payoff is not great. It's not the best pigmentation out of the new Color Icon singles line. Still a pretty unique color, and I'm not saddened by the $1.99 price tag, but just isn't for me.

This is a pretty purple , to bad its not as pigmented as the other color icon e/s

If i wear it over a MAC paint pot and really layer it on its gorgeous but most of the time not worth the effort

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

it comes up like a dull lilac on my eyelids. 2 thumbs down

on 4/30/2010 8:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

For the life of me, I don't get the negative reviews for this shadow. With green eyes, I collect purple eye shadows, it was dirt cheap, and I wanted to try out some new products from the newly revamped Wet 'n Wild line. I layered this over my NYX jumbo eye pencil in 'milk' and swiped it on with my Lowell-Cornell 1/2 inch brush. The shadow DOES show up as the color in the pan, applies smoothly, and is fairly pigmented (more pigmented than one would expect for a $1.99 eye shadow). No complaints here.

on 5/8/2010 5:45:00 PM

I, personally thought that this was a really pretty color. It's a shimmery, sort of dark lavender shade. (My favorite color!) I thought it was pretty pigmented. It is a LITTLE bit chalky, but I think for $1.99, you can't beat it. I was suprised by the low rating of this shadow. The color is not "ugly" in my opinion. But it's defenetly more on the dark side of purple, depending on how you swatch it; with a light hand, few swipes, base underneath, etc. I would definetly re-purchase this gorgoeus shade again.(:

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I like this purple a lot! It's not extremely fancy or unique, but it's pretty. It's a dusty purple color. It appears very shimmery in the pan, but I don't see any after it's applied, so if it's there, it's very subtle. It's not shockingly pigmented, I had to layer it quite a bit to get noticeable pigmentation, but it's subtle and pretty. It draws attention to the eyes without screaming "eyeshadow!!" I especially like the way it makes my green eyes stand out. It's very inexpensive and I would certainly repurchase.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Gorgeous purple color, pigmentation is great. I'm really impressed with the new products of Wet 'n Wild. At my Rite Aid this was $1.99. There is shimmer in it, for those of you who either like/hate it. However, I found that whenever I opened it I had to be careful not to nick it.
EDIT* I have the trio in Sweet like Candy and I use this as a crease color paired with the pinky color in the trio. It looks gorgeous!