Wet 'n' Wild Color Icon Single - Kitten 257A

3.0

Price: $

Price: $

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I found this in the clearance section at my grocery store, so it's possible that this is being discontinued.

Sadly, it will be no big loss if it is.

This is a dusty, dry, fairly unpigmented purple with gold sparkles. This goes on pretty sheer and is a muted light/mid purple. This shadow isn't really shimmery, it's more matte with some sparkles.

Not as good as WnW's Color Icon trios or 8 pans. I'd recommend going ahead, dropping another $3, and buying Petal Power (8 pan) and getting a wider variety of pretty purples that are more pigmented and shimmery.

I have other purples I like better (like Petal Power), so I will probably end up scraping the powder out of the pan (I deported as magnetized) and pressing a different powder in there.

on 12/15/2016 9:15:00 AM

I love purples and have tried the sample of this in the store on my hand several times, but found the purple a bit too grey for my liking. I tried it on my eyes one day, and immediately bought it as it shows up very differently and hardly looked grey. The product is well pigmented but I find it a little hard to blend well. The Color is very office appropriate and suitable for mature ladies as this is very subdued. I wear this as a wash of purple . This is not the most attractive purple I have , but it's very wearable , something I can wear daily , to office , to meetings, for dates etc without looking silly. Plays up my dark brown eyes very well. Going to try to blend in with pink tomorrow to create more dimension .

on 3/25/2015 7:34:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Curly, Medium

I would repurchase this (though I have a backup), but as I haven't seen it in a store for over a year, I think it's been discontinued. This is one of my go-to shadows, and I have a LOT of eyeshadow! Especially purples...my fave color.

As I'm older, I can't rock the bright purples without looking clownish. I use the matte Revlon purple (aubergine) in the crease with this, and they create a very nice daytime look: not too much, not too little. I use these over primer, as I do all powder shadows. I do have the Glamrock too, but prefer this one. If you do run across this, know that it goes on nicely but the color isn't nearly as bright on as it appears in the pan.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I do love these color icon shadows but I think this shade is much prettier in the package than on the eye, even over UD primer. If you are looking for a single purple shade try Glamrock instead of Kitten, it's much more vibrant and they make an eyeshadow pencil in a very similar shade. I grabbed this for half the normal price so it's not that it wasn't worth it, but between the annoyance of opening the case and having more vivid purple shades, I can't say I'll use it often.

on 1/19/2014 8:07:00 PM

This is so gorgeous. Ohmygosh. I got it for a dollar in New York, and it's not bright and insanely pigmented. Which is okay, because I love the end result it gives me! It's a pale, slightly deeper lilac color which is beautiful on the lid, paired with a black. It's taken me forever to use it, I love it and have not even hit pan. For a dollar, would totally recommend!

on 2/17/2013 11:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I bought this after buying the color icon series. Thinking it would be the same quality; i was wrong.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This shade reminded me of an old StreetWear cream shadow that I used to have in high school (StreetWear - remember that?!). So for less than $3, I figured it was worth a shot.

The container is hard to open, first of all. Ugh. So many ruined nails. The color barely shows up by itself, so I actually put it on wet. If I use my finger to put it on, it get stained to a hot pink (no joke). Plus there's a huge dot in the middle of the shadow from where I have wet it previously.

I gave an extra lippy for the shade. It's not a bad shade by any means but I think that there is a better version of it out there.

These went on sale at a local store, and the colors had been luring me closer and closer to buying them for a long time. So I finally gave in and bought a couple.
I seriously don't know why I didnt' buy these SOONER! The colors are vibrant, the texture is to die for, and they apply and blend like a dream. So comparable to high end shadows. And at the $2 price range, there is no reason for you not to own them all.
Whats even better, is that there are a fair amount of shimmery shades, some glittery shades, and even some matte shades. (Including a gorgeous matte black). Wet N Wild seriously hit the nail right on the head with these babies!
I want to buy them all and stick them in a Z-Palette!

on 1/24/2013 9:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I heard this is a dupe for NARS Strada.

The payoff is rather poor without a primer tho.

Under lemon aid, it finally shows off the purple with gold shimmer, however it's more of a taupe undertone, rather than pure light purple of Strada, which is a little bit disappointing, but I guess that's more wearable and subtle then.

on 10/20/2012 1:03:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

The only color you will see is in the pan. Terrible colour pay off.