wet n wild Color Icon Single - Kitten 257A

on 12/15/2016 9:15:00 AM

Grey toned purple, not well pigmented . Bad quality

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This shade reminded me of an old StreetWear cream shadow that I used to have in high school (StreetWear - remember that?!). So for less than $3, I figured it was worth a shot.

The container is hard to open, first of all. Ugh. So many ruined nails. The color barely shows up by itself, so I actually put it on wet. If I use my finger to put it on, it get stained to a hot pink (no joke). Plus there's a huge dot in the middle of the shadow from where I have wet it previously.

I gave an extra lippy for the shade. It's not a bad shade by any means but I think that there is a better version of it out there.

I found the pigmentation on this very weak, as many reviewers did. I tried it on top of techno, the purple WnW "jumbo pencil", which has really terrible pigmentation, as well. Well, the two together perform beautifully. The pencil gives the shadow a pretty iridescent sheen. Try it. It's not super pigmented, but it's definitely an improvement.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

I wasn't at al impressed with this color. It has very little pigment with or without primer.

on 4/19/2011 2:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Colour payoff is fine as long as you use a quality primer. It doesn't last however; I found it faded a lot throughout the day. I wouldn't buy it again.
And can someone tell me why in the world they make these little containers so difficult to open?!?!

on 12/21/2010 2:44:00 PM

Kitten is a lavender medium purple full of golden sparkles. The formula is somewhat dry and dusty, not creamy, so for good color payoff, you'd probably want to use a somewhat moist shadow base, or you'll have to layer this shade a lot.

However, I can get Kitten to show up on my lids, and it's a very cute color that's different from usual matte or shimmery purple tones.

The packaging is a compact, no-fuss square that snaps shut, and you can see the shade through the lid, which is convenient. For the price, I'm happy with this shadow and think it's a fun shade.