wet n wild Color Icon Single - Kitten 257A

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I do love these color icon shadows but I think this shade is much prettier in the package than on the eye, even over UD primer. If you are looking for a single purple shade try Glamrock instead of Kitten, it's much more vibrant and they make an eyeshadow pencil in a very similar shade. I grabbed this for half the normal price so it's not that it wasn't worth it, but between the annoyance of opening the case and having more vivid purple shades, I can't say I'll use it often.

on 1/24/2013 9:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I heard this is a dupe for NARS Strada.

The payoff is rather poor without a primer tho.

Under lemon aid, it finally shows off the purple with gold shimmer, however it's more of a taupe undertone, rather than pure light purple of Strada, which is a little bit disappointing, but I guess that's more wearable and subtle then.

on 6/19/2012 4:39:00 PM

I generally try to stay away from wet and wild products as I was always disappointed with their products in the past. On a whim I decided to get one of their eyeshadow singles that caught my eye, and I was surprised at the quality. Wet and Wild has really stepped it up with their eyeshadow! I like the texture, the pigmentation and the staying power. I was very surprised by this and I will definitely purchase other colors in this collection.

on 12/12/2011 1:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

WnW has really improved and has many great shadows now these days. But this is not one of them. This is in my GREED pallete and it doesnt show up on me with even a primer it's REALLY lacking pigment.Does not show up on me at all

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

I got this BOGOF and it is totally gorgeous. I know that the reviews are very mixed, so I didn't expect much. I must confess Kitten blew me away. Over primer (ELF, nothing special), it is a beautiful lavender with fine gold shimmer. A color that to die for, especially on green eyes (and probably brown, too). Yes, the texture is a little more powdery than say, Nutty, but I don't have any problems with it. I actually find the color very true to what it looks like in the pan. No, this is not a deep purple, its lavender. Yes, its very buildable, so you can get a definite color out of it or you can wear a light wash (both look great). I have absolutely no regrets...perfect for spring and summer.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

the color payoff sucks!! You could barely see it and it fades quickly.

on 4/14/2011 5:13:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is my first WnW single eyeshadows. I got it in a swap and I requested it because I saw in a video by Sokolum, who is one of my favourite youtube gurus ever.
I own many WnW palettes and I am so impressed by their quality and pigmentation. However, this eyeshadow does not have a similar payoff and I am a bit disappointed by it. The color is absolutely lovely and pretty different from any other lavender/lilac I own because of the gold shimmer. When you apply it it's less pretty than in the pan. I usually combine it with brown/taupe colors because it kind of makes my eyelids look a bit livid when applied on its own. With warm colors it looks absolutely lovely. The problem with this color is that even with a good primer you need to pack a lot of product in order for the color to show, and still it stays pretty sheer.
But all in all I like it, especially in combination with other colors because it gives a nice golden sparkle to them. I would not repurchase anyway because I think there are many WnW eyeshadows out there which are way better than this.

I really like this shadow...I'm a purple addict! I will say that you have to work a little harder to get the same color as in the pan compared to the other single shadows, but I still love it!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

With a primer, this shadow will appear as it does in the pan. Gorgeous lilac with beautiful golden shimmer! If you use it with no primer though, it barely shows any color. Just some subtle golden shimmer, which actually isn't bad, just not the color of the pan. I'd recommend this color.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

The payoff on this is pretty terrible on its own, and just ok over UDPP, but I found that Fyrinnae's Pixie Epoxy made it really vibrant. If you have a tube, give it a try before you throw out this otherwise meh color.