Wet 'n' Wild Megalast Matte 916D Ravin' Raisin

Wet 'n' Wild Megalast Matte 916D Ravin' Raisin
Megalast Matte 916D Ravin' Raisin

3.9

on 8/29/2016 4:15:00 PM

I have recently become interested in purple lipsticks despite the fact that they may not always flatter my medium-tan skintone. I find that ravin' raisin, which on me looks like a dark purple with brown undertones, is a good match. As with all wet and wild's lipsticks, I apply chapstick or vaseline underneath to avoid dragging and to achieve a smooth satin finish. This is opaque in one swipe and while it does transfer, most of the color will stay put. If you want to experiment with bold colors and do not plan on wearing them often, buy some of these megalast lipsticks since the quality matches that of higher-end lipsticks and the price will not dent your wallet. I find that the best place to purchase these is walgreens since they have the most variety compared to cvs, target, and walmart. They may appear to be more expensive in walgreens but they do have sales every so often.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is just an okay color. Kind of makes me look a bit goth but that's with all wine colors. They just don't look good on me. Revlon used to have a raisin shade in their skinny black lipsticks ColorStay which was so awesome so I was hoping this would work but it likes to stray out of the lines & is too dark for me mostly. I'm NC20 for reference. So it's going to be a "no" for me, sorry.

To Read all 18 Reviews, Login or Join

on 5/13/2016 11:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is my favourite lipstick ever. I wear this the most often of any of the over 30 lipsticks I own. It is the most perfect purple plum dark but not too dark that its almost black dark lipstick that i just absolutely adore. It wears well especially over a lip pencil & its cheap so i always buy a couple more tubes anytime im at walmart and see them. The only downside is the crappy packaging but i can overlook that

please wet n wild never ever discontinue this

on 12/24/2015 3:15:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

This color. Is rad as hell. I love unique colors. I can't call this 'purple' as I have actual purples and this might be in that family but it's definitely a dusty mauvey purple/raisin. I looovee that. I had looked at it before but didn't buy it and finally I caved. I have so many lipsticks but this just is so much more flattering. Not super loud, dark but wearable. I also don't mind the texture. I have Urban Decay mattes that are way crumblier. These are probably close to the Nyx mattes, which I like. Also being matte it doesn't bleed and stays relatively put. The packaging on these is kind of blah but at least it's cheap and easy to apply. Soooo glad I got it!!

on 12/18/2015 1:24:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

The colour of this lipstick is amazing! It's a really nice, deep purple. Great for a night out. I found it to be drying however, and it was hard to apply since it was so dry. I added some lip balm to moisten it up a bit, which helped. At the end of the night it was quite dry and faded. My lips are normally dry, so maybe it would be better on someone with not so dry lips.

on 4/7/2015 11:32:00 PM

I love this color on me, but hate the formula. I keep hearing that everyone loves Wet N' Wild lipsticks, but if they're all like this formula, no thank you. Formula is dry, applies blotchy and kind of in clumps. After about an hour it leaves an unsavory ring around my lips, and bleeds. Good luck trying to wear this out. I've tried it with a lip pencil too, doesn't help. So bummed, because the color is fantastic. But overall I would not buy this again. It just sits in my lipstick drawer, because I'm too sad to throw it away but I haven't used it in forever. :(

Skin: Dry, Deep Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Honestly there isn't another lipstick (from any brand) comparable to ravin raisin. The creamy matte texture, pigmentation & longevity of wear makes me love it even more.

A unique mid tone raisin with dusty mauve undertones great alone or paired with nyx current lip liner & Nyx trendy gloss for some shine.

It's one of those lippies you must own to see the true color. I suggest you buy it to decide for yourself only $3.00-$5.00 so no damage will be done to any bodies wallet.

on 1/13/2013 9:11:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

I enjoy using this, on me it's a medium purple with mauve undertones which I find quite different and unique especially on my nc45/nc50 complexion. While it's not the most flattering on all complexions, I do think it's worth a look. I usually pair this with a clean winged liner, contoured face and this gives an edgy pop of colour.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Its a pretty pinkish purple color. it last pretty long unless i eat something greasy. Its not too dry. one of my new favorites.

on 11/21/2011 7:18:00 PM

This is a great vampy lipstick for my fair skin. I love the way it looks and I don't find it drying like most matte lipsticks. It's surprisingly quite moisturizing! It has average wear time, but definitely needs less touch ups than creamy lipsticks.
PROS:
- great color selection
- semi moisturizing formula
- relatively long wearing
- does not feather
- super affordable

CONS:
- packaging does not say the color name
- shape of lipstick is very round and not easy to apply directly
- clear cover is easily lost if dropped
- product does not retract completely into package and gets messy

All in all I would repurchase and definitely recommend if you can look past the cons. :)