Wet 'n' Wild Color Icon Single - Nutty

Wet 'n' Wild Color Icon Single - Nutty

4.4

Price: $

Price: $

Dimethicone, Talc, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Magnesium Stearate, Nylon-12, Caprylyl Glycol, Caprylhydroxamic Acid, Glycerin, Boron Nitride, Polyethylene, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, May Contain (+/-): Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is one of my favorite eye shadows!!! It's the perfect everyday eye shadow. My favorite way to use it is to take my finger and apply it all over the lid; then take a small crease brush and more of the eye shadow and buff it up into the crease. It also add a great small bit of definition on the bottom lash line. It can also be a great Smokey eye if you take over a dark brown/taupe cream base then smudge Nutty all over. I will definitely repurchase this eye shadow after it's all gone. The packaging is kind of cheap look but it's very sturdy and if it bothered me that much I would just depot it and put it in a z palette. But for $0.99 you can't beat it!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This isn't a bad shadow. It's easy to apply and the pigmentation is fine.
I dislike the silver color.

I can see looking at other reviews that I'm not the only one. So, if it would have actually shown up in the taupe color that it did in the package, I would have liked it, but I wasn't looking for a silver eyeshadow. I'm not unwilling to try other W&W shadows, because I actually feel the quality was alright, it's a color problem.

It was very inexpensive so I am fine with trying it and not liking it.

To Read all 337 Reviews, Login or Join

This eyeshadow is beautiful, it's a taupe, silvery brown color. Very pretty and it's $1.00
I love it!

on 12/30/2015 4:46:00 PM

Nutty is currently my go to "all over" lid color for a neutral work look. (I use Milani Bella Cappuccino in the crease)

Nutty gives just the right about of sheen/dimension but nothing over the top. Its pigmentation is great, but i find it a tad powdery (like all Wet N Wild singles, however the trio's are very buttery)

Its a real polished look, would def recommend (hello its a dollar!)

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I have both this and Satin Taupe. They aren't exactly the same, but I like Nutty more. Very smooth, pigmented, balanced color. I actually appreciate that the packaging isn't bulky. Sure, it's cheap and tough to open it's a 99 cent eyeshadow.

on 10/6/2015 3:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I purchased WnW Nutty as a replacement for a similar color found in their now discontinued Mojave Mauves trio. While its not an exact match (Nutty comes out more shimmery), its a good similar color. Nutty applies creamy smooth with a brush or sponge applicator. It packs a punch and you do not need to work up to deeper color. One swipe does it all, highly pigmented. Overall this is a really great formula and compares to more highend brands. I can see why it gets great reviews. Perfect for office or a night out. This really helps hazel eyes POP.

on 10/6/2015 2:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I run the gamut with makeup - I own & wear everything from $3 Elf to $70 Guerlain. The majority of my shadows are higher-end, but this 99 cent single holds its own against any of them. The formula is incredibly creamy, smooth & pigmented. I would say this is *at least* as pigmented & creamy as MAC or Julie Hewett, if not more so. I would compare the texture of this shadow to Lorac or Urban Decay. It is smooth & buttery. This is a silvery taupe with a slight hint of shimmer. It is *NOT* an exact dupe for MAC Satin Taupe (which I also own & wear). They are fairly close, but Satin Taupe is darker. For a quick $2 eye look, I use WnW Brulee as an all-over wash, then blend Nutty into my crease & lid. If I'm feeling smoky, add a bit of WnW Panther into the outer corner. The packaging is not fantastic - it isn't huge & wasteful, but it can be a little tough to open & feels somewhat cheap. For 99 cents however, I can't complain. Wet n Wild have the best, creamiest, most pigmented quality eyeshadows of anything in the drugstore. I would definitely recommend picking this one up.

on 9/10/2015 3:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I didn't like this on me. It applied as a straight out silver/grey shimmer with no taupey-ness to it at all. SO disappointed. It's lovely in the pan, but when I put it on, it simply had no taupe to it at all - just a straight out shimmer, and that looked awful on me. I'm not dark skinned, either - NC25 to 30 at the most, so it wasn't that that caused the weird application. it's cheap enough that you can certainly try it and if you like it, you've got a major coup - dirt cheap makeup for next to nothing. It just didn't work for me, but for a buck, I'm not out much, so not perturbed about it. Just disappointed that it was so bad.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Nice color and you can't beat the price. However, I had a hard time getting it to show up on my lids, like the first few swipes just transferred glitter and no color. I really had to build it up to get any color to show up on my lids. I've only worn it once and I wore it by itself with light liner and some mascara. I didn't have any problems with creasing or fading and I believe I used the Fergie primer from WnW. Overall, I probably won't purchase again but I'll be keeping it and using occasionally.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is soo pretty. I have a hard time using singles (palettes are much more convenient). I don't have anything like this really in my collection. Very good but for the 79 cents I spent.