wet n wild Color Icon Eyeshadow Single - Nutty

wet n wild Color Icon Eyeshadow Single - Nutty

4.4

Price: $

Price: $

Dimethicone, Talc, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Magnesium Stearate, Nylon-12, Caprylyl Glycol, Caprylhydroxamic Acid, Glycerin, Boron Nitride, Polyethylene, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, May Contain (+/-): Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

If there is only one shadow I can use for the rest of my life, this is the one. Nutty is a taupe shade that is perfectly neutral and has a definite sheen to it, but not glitter or shimmer, and really compliments my blue/green eyes. I like using this to make my hooded lids recede by applying this above the natural crease. It also looks great as a lower lash line shadow. Packaging is cheap plastic but it wouldn’t deter me from buying this at all. WnW has the best shadows with the greatest pigment for drugstore makeup. The formula is smooth and while there is a tiny bit of powdery kickback when you dip your brush into the pan, it’s not excessive or troublesome. Would I buy this again - uh... YEAH!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Even though I wouldn't purchase this particular color again, I'm really amazed at the Wet n Wild formulation with their eyeshadows. Seriously, for next-to-nothing, their shadows, in general, are highly pigmented and buttery-smooth. Sure, the packaging isn't anything special, in fact it's cheap feeling and looking, but the actual product is stellar. That's why I'm giving this 5 stars.

With regards to this particular shade, "Nutty," I was looking for a taupe shadow and, despite the color's name, in the pan it looked like it might work. However - and this speaks to the fact I'm over 55 and looking for something less shiny - this didn't work for me. Again, the formula is terrific and the color is pretty, it's just WAY to shiny on my lids. That said, for younger women who aren't yet dealing with fine lines and crepey lids, this is a good product and great value.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I really like WNW single in Brulee, but I was pretty underwhelmed with Nutty. I have a lot of brown eyeshadows, and I usually don't think they are basic or boring, but Nutty is just that. I wear neutral shadows most days, so a good, inexpensive one-and-done neutral would be a good workhorse for me. Nutty is just too underwhelming to be that. I think that it isn't quite pigmented enough and it gives too sheer of a wash of color for my taste.

on 12/10/2017 4:23:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Nutty is a staple for me. If I run out I repurchase. You cannot beat the price and the color is absolutely beautiful! Looking at it through the plastic packaging it kind of looks like a typical cool toned brownish gray BUT once applied it's a gorgeous warm brown with a tiny hint of gray with a satiny, slight glimmer finish. Nutty is a true taupe. Not brown, not gray, TAUPE. If you don't like taupe then you won't like Nutty. I love the satiny finish and it blends like a dream. It kind of reminds me of a Mac shade I used to have, I think it was called Satin Taupe.

Sometimes I use it alone if I'm in a hurry and it always looks great. It has a huge following... as do Brulee and Sugar. If I could only have 3 Wet n Wild Colors those would be my 3 choices and I re-purchase about every 3 months.

Wet n Wild changed with their new formula change for 12/2017. Brulee and Nutty are not exactly the same as they were in the past. If you love those 2, go stock up now. I just bought 10 of each because the new ones are not out in the stores yet, only on the website and the new Brulee looks more peachy and the Nutty appears to have more brown.

Now here is what I hate and this is for all Wet n Willd single pan shadows. the packaging. All of those little stickers all over the place that you have to remove before you can open it. So annoying. I posted a pic above to show the stickers. Hopefully they listened and changed that too.

Like other reviewers, I think the quality of this is great but the colour is totally different from what I was expecting. I'm NC20 and this is straight grey on me, no matter how much I layer it over a primer. It does not pull taupe or brown on my tone at all. Yes I know the difference between taupe and grey.

I'm used to the lighter WnW eyeshadows giving me a very clean soft look while still being multidimensional. Like I can use two shades from Walking on Eggshells and jam my crease brush into my eye and swirl it a couple times and somehow end up with a perfectly blended look that appears to use four colours. Unfortunately the grey in this shade just makes my eyes look dirty, whether I use it as a crease or an all over lid colour. It detracts from my whole look and makes it look like I haven't had enough sleep. Or soap.

I think I'll keep it around as a blending shade for a halo eye but I'm probably wasting my time since WnW shadows are already great for doing unintentional halo eyes with no effort.

on 5/9/2017 8:11:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

In the pan this is a silver taupe. On my NC 25-30 skin tone, Asian, yellow undertones, in dim lights (i.e., evening indoor incandescent) this looks significantly warmer. If you have ever done craft projects with Rub n Buff, this looks like the color European Gold which is warmer and pinker. In other dim light, it can look almost golden bronze. I can only surmise that the yellow of my skin and the lighting warm it up, even when I apply a thicker coat. Unlike some fair complexioned reviewers below, I don't get a copper tone.

Color payoff is excellent. There is some dusting but not much fallout. It's only becAuse my skin tone is darker, the cool gray brown doesn't show as much. not due to lack of pigment. Obviously when this color is swatched on a white background it's true to the pan color. Because of my oily lids, I use WnW eye shadow primer underneath.

I love it. The only issue I have with the packaging is one could chip a nail trying to detach the safety stickers. The WnW palette Comfort zone has a shade that is a cousin of this. In the pan the two shades look identical. When swatched side by side on my hand, the Comfort zone shade is a few degrees lighter and crosses into a cooler pale gold territory. Although I am a neutrals shadow person, CZ is very wearable.

The single and the smaller palette Comfort zone seem more highly pigmented than Au Natural Bare Awakenings, but that may be due to the color selections. I do love Au Natural whihc is meant to be WnW's entry in a Nude palette. I am a matte neutral lover, but WnW is broadening my horizons.

on 3/17/2017 12:32:00 AM

This is a great neutral shade that is very pigmented and blends out very well. The only thing I don't like about it is the packaging

on 2/5/2017 2:32:00 AM

This is one of my favorite single eyeshadows. I mean if I want to just wear one shadow this is it. It's pigmented and it's a very buttery. I never get fall out and sometimes I pack it on kinda heavy. It blends beautifully and it doesn't really crease or fades. When WnW is on sale I always pick up this and Brûlé

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

This is a very pigmented taupe brown shadow. its only one buck and it has pigmentation like high end shadows. very essential if you are a wet n wild fan. will definitely buy again but I doubt not anytime soon because all you need is a little bit so I think this shadow lasts a long time

on 1/4/2017 1:00:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

excellent eyeshadow

very easy to work with and versatile. hard to mess up

looks great

great price

essential wet n wild item