Graftobian LIPSTICK in Fashionista

Graftobian  LIPSTICK in Fashionista

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Bought this about a year ago. Where has it been all of my life?! On me, it's a dark nude, since I'm so fair. It's perfect. Not orangey, not pinkish. I consider it to be a very neutral nude. Sometimes I'll mix in a plum or reddish lip liner to change it up. It's very versitale. I wear it to work most days. Just ordered my 2nd one. This color is a keeper in my arsenal.

For me, this is the closest match to my natural lip shade that I've found-at a fraction of the price of it's 'dupe'-MAC "Twig". On that point, this makes it a very wearable, versatile color, and a light application is all that I need. Great for either day or night wear, too. I agree that lip-brush application provides added control over color application, but it's also relatively easy to apply and wear 'solo'. It does live up to its descriptive of long-lasting and durable, although the one downside is that this is a tad drying. Possibly because 'alcohol' is listed as an ingredient. In addition, beware if you can't tolerate lanolin and its derviatives. Has beeswax and castor oil, too. A good value buy from a theatrical brand that offers believable and wearable colors. I'd likely happily buy more of this U.S made brand lipcolor, if I wore lipstick often enough to justify it.

To Read all 3 Reviews, Login or Join

on 1/22/2010 8:43:00 PM

Theatrical makeup lines have some fantastic products that are a fraction of the price of department store & makeup artist lines. Graftobian has a small selection of l/s shades that duplicate top sellers from other lines (described on their website with their shade & the shade it copies). Fashionista is their copy of MAC Twig and I have to say that it's an improvement on the original - the shade is exactly the same but the formula is much better than the rather dry MAC Satin, which was their original one along with the matte. It's a creamy lipstick with no detectable scent. For the price of one MAC, you can buy 3 of these.

Popular Lipsticks