Chanel Rouge Allure Laque - Dynastie 74

Chanel Rouge Allure Laque - Dynastie 74

4.8

on 7/18/2012 11:35:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

deep rose. much darker than my natural lip color, but it looks perfectly natural and subtle on - perfect for a professional work place. it's also extremely creamy and moisturizing (perhaps too much so; it doesn't seem to last very long at all - my one complaint). also, as other reviewers have mentioned, the opaque tube makes it impossible to see how much is left - but so far it has lasted the past 5 months - basically forever!

on 1/27/2012 5:29:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Dynastie works really well on my warm skin tone. It is a pinky/brown on the wand, but what makes it special is the coral undertone that really comes to life with my tan/olive skin. Because it is a liquid l/s, it is opaque and covers my pigmented lips well. The formula is smooth and creamy, not sticky. It stays put on my lips and does not bleed. It feels very moisturizing. This color is a very wearable as you can pull more pink or coral depending on what you are wearing and the rest of your make-up; so, that makes this color go-to everyday lip. All the raves about the formula by other reviewers are true. But what I love about this product is the color. Great, easy to wear, brightens my face, but not inappropriate for work and just comfortable. Love it. I got mine at Bloomingdales for $32 USD.

It is expensive but worth every cent. On my NC35 skintone, it is a brownish pink/coral that looks so good on my lips. It is creamy and glides on my lips like a dream. My lips still feel soft and supple after hours of wear.

on 1/2/2011 12:13:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Bonafide Laque junkie here. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this formula. It stays on for hours, looks great even after it's faded and it's not as sticky as gloss. I just wish Chanel had more colors as the selection is very limited. The solid black bottle leaves you clueless about what's left in there....come on Chanel. What makes you think that the transparent tester bottle that let's you know when you're out would be useless to the consumer? Seriously?? I get the aesthetic of black bottle but you could've added a transparent window or something. Anyway....love this stuff. Own it in Phoenix and Dynastie. Lancome has a similar formula with more color options in case you are left high and dry after buying all 6 or so colors from Chanel :-)

on 10/24/2011 5:46:00 PM

A soft yet complex rose: very 'grown-up', very polished. For when you want an autumnal look without venturing toward plum, brown, berry or red. A keeper.

on 5/7/2011 4:34:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I'm 37 and this is my first Chanel lip product - what took me so long?! Not only is it the best lip product I've ever tried, it's one of the best make up items full stop. It's definitely not a gloss, more of a liquid lipstick formula but with the conditioning properties of a balm / gloss. It stays on for HOURS and this colour is a MLBB on my NC20 skin.
It's insanely expensive but as you only need a tiny bit, it should last for ages. If you're thinking of spoiling yourself, or you just want a great lippie, this is it. Get it. Now.

on 1/21/2010 6:00:00 PM

I decided to treat myself today after lunch with the girls, and anything Chanel is quite a treat! This product intrigued me ever since it came out as it seemed unlike anything else I'd seen. It is something unique, not quite a hybrid of lipstick and gloss as some have described because it's not nearly as shiny as a gloss. However, it does have the full color of lipstick. Dynastie is a gorgeous shade, a medium burnished rose that's slightly on the warm side but very wearable, and there's a subtle gleam that cannot be confused with shimmer or frost.

Like everyone else, I've been on a budget but this is well worth the splurge. I was wavering between this shade & Ming, so I might just go back for Ming when I have a little extra cash in my pocket.

I'm on a Chanel kick lately, and these have been top of mind since I saw swatches on Temptalia. Dragon - that incomparably rich blue red - was most alluring; Dynastie was ultimately more wearable on an everyday basis for my NC25 skin, so it ended up being my first Rouge Allure Laque.

First, the formula. I've never come across a lip product like this. Chanel successfully married the lipstick and the lip gloss, managing to create a product that applies like a gloss - slippery, shiny, and wet - but dries like a lipstick, and yet somehow retains that full-on glossy effect. The glossiness lasts for me for about two hours, after which it becomes your traditional matte cream lipstick. The wear is unbelievable; it lasts me through breakfast, a mid morning coffee, lunch, dinner, and kisses (simple pecks, mind you - nothing deeper). It's not as hydrating as some bloggers had me believe, but then again, my lips can get as dry as the Sahara, so few lipsticks are truly moisturizing for me, although they do exist.

Next, the color. A deep, bronzed rose, this looks like a medium pink in bright sunlight, a brick red in office light, and a complex, gold-infused rose in softer lighting, like candlelight. It's amazing to me how multi-dimensional this shade is. But from what I've heard, the multi-faceted effect isn't unique to Dynastie - each of the RA Laque shades are equally complex.

Pricey, though. I believe I paid $38 plus tax (CAD). Worth it? Probably not in the grand scheme of things, for me, because I tend to get sick of things before I've had much use of them. But if you can splurge on one Chanel item, let it be this. It's beautiful.

on 8/17/2010 1:56:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I'm NC30, warm with strong yellow skin tones. It was only recently that I actually got around to trying the Roque Laques, because I thought they were going to be super sticky and super intense and I would go around feeling that there would be this SOMETHING on my lips and that something being so creamy looking will go everywhere, like on my teeth. And it would be there when I smile and until someone is kind enough to tell me or till the next time I check myself in the mirror, I would go strutting around thinking I look bloody pretty, when in actual fact I look like I have bloody gums. I was wrong. the Laques are intense but not to the extent that one has to don sunglasses when looking at me. They are not drying at all, very opaque, very smooth on the lips and do not bleed. I got Dynastie which is a warm rose on me. I also got Mandarin which is an yellow based red. Tried Santal but that one pulled pink on me even though it is beigey peach in the tube. Chanel should come out with more colours. Please?

Popular Lips Products