Dermalogica Dermal Clay Facial Cleanser

Dermalogica Dermal Clay Facial Cleanser

3.6

Not tested on animals

Ingredients: Water, Carthamus Tinctorius (safflower) Seed Oil, Butylene Glycol, Kaolin, Disodium Cocoamphodipropionate, Glyceryl Stearate, Titanium Dioxide, Sorbitan Oleate, Extracts Of: Melissa Officinalis Leaf, Malva Sylvestris (mallow), Cucumis Sativus (cucumber) Fruit, Sambucus Nigra Flower, Arnica Montana Flower, Parietaria Officinalis, Nasturtium Officinale, Arctium Lappa Root, Salvia Officinalis (sage) Leaf, Citrus Medica Limonum (lemon) Fruit, Hedera Helix (ivy), Saponaria Officinalis; Montmorillonite, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Magnesium Silicate, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Sorbitan Trioleate, Menthol, Citric Acid, Potassium Sorbate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Propylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. 5/20/09

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am 42 and have struggled with large pores and lots of blackheads, for decades. I have tried so many cleansers over the years, but this one works the best for my skin. It REALLY clears out my pores. I don't know why I ever stopped using it. I started using it again, about 5 days ago. I can already see the difference. My pores are not congested and they appear smaller. I like to use it after I get in the shower & feel like my pores have opened up. Make sure you massage it in very thoroughly. The consistency of the cleanser is thin, but don't be fooled, it works ! And you don't need to use a ton of it.

My skin tends to be oily, especially in my T-zone, and not very sensitive. The cleanser tingles a little, which makes me wonder if it might cause problems for people with sensitive skin.

I was recommended this cleanser for my acne-prone, combination skin with redness (from time to time). After a few uses it made me skin horrible. Enlarged pores, redness all over, hot, burning, irritated skin. My skin isn't sensitive and I've been okay with many products with harsh chemicals in the past so I don't know what happened here. Use at your own risk, always do a patch test. But again, this happened over prolonged use, my first time was somewhat ok, it gradually got worse.

on 11/29/2015 1:58:00 AM

Love it. For super oily skin, it keeps the oils away for a good few hours after use. No irritation whatsoever, and a tingly, fresh feel (probably from the menthol) is great to wake you up in the morning. Great for super oily people

on 10/29/2015 8:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Deep Dark, Not Sure

My skin is acne prone and oily. In the past Proactive's original face wash helped keep my break outs at bay, then they changed the formula and the new one does absolutely nothing for me. I searched to find a similar consistency to the original Proactive. After watching a YouTube video recommending the clay wash, I ordered the sample size. When I found myself adding water to the bottle as it was about done, I knew I had to reorder it!!! I'm very pleased... it has been a very long time since I found something that agreed with my skin and kept me from breaking out. This product is officially a Holy Grail item in my regimen. I will just have to deal with the cost, because clear skin is worth it!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This is a clay mask in a cleanser, which washes oil right off your skin. It is a good product.

great cleanser. feels very fresh and clean on the skin. I use it with the clarisonic and I absolutely adore the luxury I feel when using the two together.

I was recommended this product by a friend (who is also a beautician) after suffering with slightly blemished/bumpy skin around my cheeks and mouth area.

To begin with I loved the product, it smells zingy and fresh and it left my skin feeling very clean.

However after 3 weeks of using this cleanser I noticed that my skin was worse than before! I have always had relatively clear skin and have never suffered with acne, only the occasional whitehead - most likely due to hormones -yet I began to get acne-like bumps on my chin. There were just a couple at first but it was soon covered in itchy spots. Face also felt tight and dry.

Despite being told that any new product takes 28 days to work properly, I decided not to stick with using this product for much longer, which is a shame considering the price tag and the amount of product still left in the bottle! Even within just a week of stopping using the dermal clay, I noticed that the spots were clearing up quickly which was a huge relief!

Overall very disappointed. Have recently switched to a clarins cleansing milk though which I love.

on 6/22/2014 5:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

This face wash is AMAZING!!!! You can literally feel the dirty and oils being sucked out of your pores. A little really does go a long way my 250ml lasts me at least 4 months and I use it morning and night. I've got combination oily skin and this locks away my exes oil all day. My skin is that clean after using it my make up goes on perfectly. I also use this as a 30 minute mask once a week which makes my skin look and feel gorgeous. since using this over a year ago I hardly ever have any blemishes. This is one of my favourite dermalogica products and a must have for all you oily/combination people :-)

I was recommended this product after getting a Dermalogica facial. I've got combination skin, I get particularly oily in my T zone and occasionally cheeks and my skin tends to be dry around my jaw especially in the colder weather. I bought this in the 500mL bottle and even though it was 20% off I believe it was still about $60 which on a student budget is a bit of a stretch but I really wanted good skin care products. Within a week of using this I was really pleased that the oiliness in my T zone had basically gone, even after a day of wearing makeup there was minimal shine. However then I started to break out. At first I thought it was just all the toxins being cleared out of my skin and that the cleanser was purifying my skin so I perservered, only for my skin to continue getting worse. I've been using this product for probably 6 weeks now and have developed acne along my jaw line and small breakouts on my forehead. I had previously had really good skin with only the occasional break out, usually hormonal and it was never this bad. The cleanser does have it's perks, it definitely helps oily skin which is what it is targeted at however I didn't find it particularly purifying. Also, I found that the menthol really irritated my skin. I've never suffered sensitive skin but I found it stung to the point I was rushing to wash my face at some points. The consistency of this is quite watery and I never felt really 'clean' after having used it compared to other cleansers. Overall I think this is still an okay product - wouldn't condemn it, I'm sure for some people it works wonders just wasn't particularly impressed with it on my own skin.

This product made my skin red and my spots WORSE, also for such a high price I did not expect to have sulphates and parabens in it! Poor product with a high price tag! Can get a lot better for a hell of a lot less money.