Caudalie Premier Cru La Creme

Caudalie Premier Cru La Creme

3.8

Aqua (Water), Cetearyl Alcohol, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Hydrogenated Ethylhexyl Olivate, Hydrogenated Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kerneil Oil, Hydrogenated Olive Oil Unsaponifiables, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Peg-20 Stearate, C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, Imperata Cylindrica Root Extract, Trehalose, Tocopheryl Acetate, Palmitoyl Grape Seed Extract, Dimethicone, Tribehenin, Carbomer, Palmitoyl Grapevine Shoot Extract, Caprylyl Glycol, Potassium Sorbate, Parfum (Fragrance), Cassia Angustifolia Seed Polysaccharide, Tocopherol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Ceramide 2, Silica Dimethyl Sylilate, Sodium Carboxymethyl Betaglucan, Sodium Hydroxide, Polysorbate 20, Pentylene Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Acrylate C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, Geraniol, Linalool, Citronellol, Coumarin.

This was just okay it wasn't anything to rave about. The texture is not Heavy or greasy at all it absorbs quick and smells great. Now this really didn't do anything for me at all along with the eye cream. This is supposed to be a "one stop shop" for skincare and do it all brighten, tighten, moisturize etc. this didn't deliver at all. Wears well under makeup the packaging is pretty but I'm pretty sure there's still a lot left inside after you think your done with it, it's such a pain in the butt to break it open too. At $158 a bottle I don't think I'll repurchase again but I think I'd like to try the Riche version next.

on 2/16/2016 11:22:00 AM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

This is a nice, basic moisturizer for me so I find it to be ridiculously expensive for a skin cream that does not deliver anti-aging results. I find the scent of this to be unpleasant. Overall, I am not knocked out by the ingredient list. Butylene glycol is the third ingredient and the anti-aging peptides, are listed as the last two ingredients. Less expensive and better products for me are Dr Scheller Pomegranate anti-wrinkle cream and Avon Clinical overnight mask.

To Read all 49 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I got a deluxe sample of this cream when I purchased my Clarisonic, with that being said mine came in a squeeze tube which I really liked but I don't know in what the full size cream comes in. The first thing you will notice is the scent believe me. It has a nice floraly scent but it is extremely fragranced. Like after a couple hours you will still smell this on your face. You could probably use it as a perfume if you wanted to. For those ladies who are sensitive to fragrances in creams I would definitely skip this product when looking for a good cream. It moisturized well, it is a bit thicker but even with my oily skin it moisturized rather well. Overall wouldn't repurchase for the strong scent ans also because I know it is a high end cream and it didn't do anything different to my skin.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really wanted to love this, But alas my oily skin would not allow me to. I would not suggest this for an person with oily skin. I bought a gift set with this and the Cru Eye Cream. I LOVE the Eye Cream. This made my skin not break out... clogged my pores and caused bumpy skin and those little white seeds in my skin (sebum plugs). Since I stopped.. no bumps.
It also made my makeup not blend properly.

This is not for Oily skin.

on 12/22/2015 4:57:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Received a large-sized sample of this from Sephora. The sample size is perfect for travel and I've almost used the entire tube. I love trying different skincare products and would rate this fairly highly. It's creamy, but not too rich or greasy. I wear it day and night. The only downside is the scent (I don't like scented skincare products) and the price. I'm in Paris right now though and it's $50 at CityPharma (a discount pharmacy near St. Germain des Pres) compared to $160 at Sephora. I might pick up a tube, but would definitely not buy this in the U.S. because it's way overpriced and you can get similar performing products for much, much less.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I received a sample of this cream from Sephora about a year ago, used the entire sample and saw such amazing results in just those few uses that I immediately went on the Sephora site to order. Then...I saw the price. At the time it was too expensive for me so I opted for the Vine Expert Night Infusion for $75 instead. That tube lasted me a year, and even though I liked it, it just wasn't as effective as the Premier Cru was in those few days of using the sample.

Since I finally ran out of the Night Infusion, I decided to bite the bullet and invest in the Premier Cru. I ordered it on Amazon for $128, and it is authentic.

This cream is light, but creamy, and melts into the skin like butter. You only need a VERY small amount to fully apply to your face and neck. Honestly, when I see reviews that say it leaves their skin greasy, I immediately assume that too much is being used. You don't need to slather your face in a product for results, you end up just wasting product. A half pump is all that is truly needed with this product, honestly.

I only use this at night after I've cleansed my face, sometimes over my Mary Kay Timewise Replenishing C Serum, sometimes without. The results when I wake up are fabulous. My skin is hydrated but not oily (even though I have oily skin), plump but not puffy, and my skin is smooth, soft, and pores and lines are minimized. My skin has this youthful glow that just can't be recreated with makeup, because it's seriously from the inside out. With continued use I could see this really changing my skin long term.

The Night Infusion would sometimes cause little whiteheads, which was a bit annoying. Premier Cru has yet to cause any, which is another plus.

With the amount of money I spend on skincare in general, I really feel like this cream lives up to the cost. I would recommend trying a sample first only because it is so expensive, but the way I see it, skincare products like these are an investment and shouldn't be dismissed based solely on the cost, or given bad reviews because they happen to be expensive. Of course I'm thrifty where I can be, but some things are worth budgeting for and splurging on. I'd rather buy one expensive product that is fantastic than continuing to spend on trying sub-par products that have all kinds of nasty fillers and chemicals that irritate my skin or break me out (ie Olay).

The Night Infusion lasted me a year with 1.3 fl oz. The Premier Cru has 1.7 fl oz. again, justifying the cost since I expect this should last about the same. It would be different if this was something I'd have to repurchase in a month. Keep that in mind when judging it based on the cost.

Caudalie is a brand I've used and loved for years. When I worked at Sephora we had an in depth Caudalie training and after receiving some gratis from them and seeing the difference in my skin, I've been a loyal Caudalie customer since and that was 10 years ago. I haven't used one product from them that I outright disliked or felt was too expensive for the performance, and the Premier Cru is no exception. My skin loves it, so I love it and I highly recommend trying it out if you're looking to invest in a worthwhile product that produces tangible results. The proof is in the pudding, as it were.

on 6/13/2015 1:27:00 AM

I'm more of a skincare junkie than makeup, so I've tried lots of products and am rarely loyal to one. I love everything about this product except the price. The packaging is lovely (only peeve is the difficulty getting those last previous drops). The pump is easy to use, gives out the perfect amount, and travels well. It has a light pleasant fragrance. It goes on moderately thick and creamy but melts in well. My skin is left very glowy and moist. It is still a bit tacky for the first few minutes. It moisturizes extremely well without being pore clogging or heavy. I can wear it under makeup. It's a more "green" product. I wish it were cheaper but I'll pay - just scout out sales!

Why do you have to be so expensive??!!!! I want but can't fit into the budget. lol

on 10/22/2014 12:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Yes, it's expensive but my skin looks brighter and healthier than it has in years. Works beautifully under my foundation (Trish Even Skin) and have had no reaction to the product. Drawbacks: it isn't quite as moisturizing as I'd like and alot of product remains in plastic bag inside bottle when pump stops working. I open the top, cut out the bag and put excess product in a small jar. Pretty common with moisturizers with a pump. Recommend for those with aging sensitive normal to dry skin.

on 9/14/2014 6:56:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

I tested Premier Cru through buying samples a few times and finally bought it as a part of a set with the eye cream. I have used Caudalie products for years, initially with great success but as they changed some of their formulations, I am having less luck with Caudalie as a brand. Prmier Cru is no exception. It is an average cream at best. I am glad I didn't buy the full tube with its full price; my set came with the full size eye cream and only 20 ml of the actual Premier Cru. The full price of this product in the UK is ridiculous! I guess if it delivered it would have been worth it but it did not. It is heavily perfumed like most Caudalie products, it softens my skin a little but does not provide my dry skin with enough moisture. It didn't irritate my super-sensitive skin which is a definite plus but there are other, much cheaper alternatives to do just that! Overall it is an epic fail and I noticed it doesn't even perform well as a hand cream! I read that some people tend to think the samples and the actual product differ somehow, that the samples perform better or may have higher concentrations of the active ingredients and I have doubts about that as well. When I bought the samples I was very impressed, so I have to wonder if the full-sized product is of the same quality. Caudalie's current stance on animal testing coupled, with these kind of rumours, puts me off buying Caudalie again. I wouldn't buy this product again and would not recommend it. Very disappointed in Caudalie overall!