Suave Professionals Almond & Shea Butter

Suave Professionals Almond & Shea Butter

4.1

Price: $

Price: $

Water (Aqua), Cetearyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice [Aloe Vera], Cymbopogon Schoenanthus Oil [Lemongrass], Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Oil, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower/Leaf Extract, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Flower Extract, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Behentrimonium Chloride, Fragrance (Parfum), Dipropylene Glycol, Lactic Acid, Potassium Chloride, Amodimethicone, Disodium EDTA, DMDM Hydantoin, PEG-150 Distearate, PEG-7 Propylheptyl Ether, Cetrimonium Chloride, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone

on 1/3/2018 2:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

We've had a bottle of this lingering in the back of the cabinet (came in a Sam's Club giant 2-pack, and my husband only used up the shampoo), so I decided to try and use it up. My hair is thick, coarse, naturally wavy and frizzy, color-treated, and tends to be dry. I wash 2-3 times a week and straighten with heat, so I look for products that moisturize, smooth, and maintain color. I use a very moisturizing, sulfate-free shampoo and follow with this conditioner, and it's a winning combo for me. The conditioner's texture is somewhat thicker than a typical Suave conditioner. It has a nice, light almond scent and it rinses clean. After using primarily higher-end hair products for years, I'm honestly kind of surprised how well this works. My hair is soft and smooth, but not flat or weighed down. The dimethicone in this also helps smooth my hair out and protect it from heat. I know some folks dislike 'cones, but my hair loves them. It also has a lot of surprisingly nice ingredients high up on the list. This conditioner isn't super moisturizing like a true deep conditioner; I would say it's more of a lightly hydrating everyday conditioner for normal to dry hair. If your hair is very dry, you are going to need to preface this with a moisturizing shampoo. It will take me forever to work through a 40 oz. bottle, but I will definitely consider repurchasing this.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

My hair loves this. It's moisturizing but doesn't make my hair flat. I have long dry natural curls that are somewhat fine and prone to frizz. I will even use this as a leave in on its own on days I don't feel like doing much with my hair and it dries pretty and near perfect like I actually styled it. It's really inexpensive and you can find it everywhere. My favorite currently, I can't see doing much better than this.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was surprised by this conditioner.
I bought this and the matching shampoo when I forgot my haircare products on a trip. I had always heard good things about the Almond & Shea Butter line, and thought it was worth a try for the price.
I expected it to be good, but not as good as it was. This and Aussie's 3 Minute Miracle are the only conditioners I would choose to use under $10. It's moisturizing and light at the same time. It has a pleasant, non-offensive scent, and doesn't seem to darken/make my blonde hair brassy.
The Keratin line from Suave is good, but this is great.
For people with normal/non-treated hair, you don't need to pay more for conditioner than this cost.
Suave has really stepped it up - in my opinion, they dominate the drugstore in terms of quality and performance.
Highly recommend: A-

on 4/23/2017 3:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is a decent drugstore option for a moisturizing conditioner. I have fine hair, but alot of it. It is very dry, bleached, and has some damage. I need alot of moisture. This doesn't always provide enough moisture for me, but it should work well for those with normal to slighly dry hair. For the price, it's worth trying.

Pros:
- Cheap.
- Good amoint of moisture with a few caveats. If I am using a shampoo that is drying (e.g. I use purple shampoos for blonde hair to reduce brassiness), then this product is not enough. However, if I use a very moisturizing shampoo (e.g. like an aragan oil shampoo), then this is good.
- Good, simple packaging.
- Great smell. Fresh and fruity - a bit tropical. Also, it's not overwhelming.

Cons:
- As stated above, it may not provide enough moisture in certain cases, but it's likely fine for the majority of people.
- I go through this really quickly. I find I have to use alot and it lasts less than 5 showers. This is likely due to having alot of hair and needing alot of moisture. My hair drinks it up. For the price, that's not a huge con.
- My hair can look dry after using this. It tends to be more frizzy and less shiny than when I use other moisturizing conditioners.

Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Cetearyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice (Aloe Vera), Cymbopogon Schoenanthus Oil (Lemongrass), Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Oil Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower/Leaf Extract, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Flower Extract, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Behentrimonium Chloride, Fragrance (Parfum), Dipropylene Glycol, Lactic Acid, Potassium Chloride, Amodimethicone, Disodium EDTA, DMDM Hydantoin, PEG-150 Distearate, PEG-7 Propylheptyl Ether, Cetrimonium Chloride, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone.

Price: $2.94 for 12.6 fl oz. at Walmart.

on 4/2/2017 11:32:00 AM

This conditions my hair without weighing it down. The softness lasts

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I have very dry, tangly, long hair. This conditioner smells amazing and is the best drugstore conditioner I've ever used! The ingredients are terrific, they really moisturize my hair. Slip is nice, it allows for easy detangling of my fine hair so breakage is minimal. The price can't be beat, highly recommend!

on 1/29/2017 1:49:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Smells great, doesn't cost much and really moisturizes my dry hair. I could not find this is Canada and did have to pick it up in the US at walmart. This is a great conditioner and definitely worth trying at this price point! Would repurchase.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Let me just say that I really wish that Suave Professionals shampoos and conditioners worked for me. They are so affordable and readily available and there are so many choices. The problem is that I have have tried every one of these, every single one, and there is not one that I can use. Just like all Herbal Essences, they work okay for the first couple of uses, and then, after about the third use, my hair gets dry and sticks together and feels like my scalp is coated. I know you have to rotate and clarify, but this has not happened with many other shampoos/conditioners I have tried. The same goes for Dove products. I have noticed, though, that Dove and Suave have many of the exact same ingredients sometimes in the same order as Suave. They are both made by Unilever, so I guess it is the same principal as P and G products (Pantene, Herbal Essences and Aussie- same ingredients, different extracts), just cheaper to manufacture, maybe. They are not all exactly the same, but have so many ingredients in common.
One other bad thing is that I have ALOT of hair fall with this brand, not only the Shea/Almond, but all of them. That does not happen to me with all shampoos, so I know it is not a dietary or health problem with me. My hair is naturally curly, caucasian, fine textured but full, and it is very dry. I can't use it ( I wish I could!), but for those who have good results with this then it is a great option.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I like the light smell, it keeps frizz to an all-time low, and lightly moisturizes my hair! This is my favorite so far from all the Suave conditioners I've tried.

This is amazing and works far better than products that are 10x expensive. I love this stuff you guys. I am willing to spend money on hair care if it works, but why would I when this works far better than the most expensive stuff I've tried? It rinses out well, detangles and conditions, and softens. It smells great and is incredibly cheap. It moisturizes my dry hair but doesn't weigh it down.
Here's what I've tried that didn't compare at all - Oribe, R+D, Bumble and Bumble, Alterna, and other drugstore brands like Tresemme.
I recently had 3 house guests and I got a lot of "Seriously, Suuuuuave???" and then they used it and loved it.
I don't know why other shampoos and conditioners exist. :)