3.4

price range

Reviews

3.0

6 months ago

I use this along with Philosophy Miracle Worker Miraculous Anti-Aging Moisturizer NIGHT cream. I use this one during the day. Not a huge fan of the jar, of course. It has a strong fragrance to it. Honestly, I cannot imagine myself using this when I plan on wearing makeup. It's far too thick and it just sits on your skin. It's also very greasy. Luckily for me, I have not had a reason to wear any makeup for 2 weeks so I've been using these creams for 14 days straight. But as soon as I go back to wearing makeup again, I'm putting on my Philosophy Hope In A Jar moisturizer. I do think that my face looks much tighter and clearer. I'm 28 years old and the only wrinkles I have are the fine lines on my forehead. Do they look less noticeable? Sort of... I don't expect them to completely disappear. But the rest of my face looks amazing. Beware this stuff stings your eyes so be careful and don't accidentally rub your eyes.

About reviewer (149 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlack, Straight, Coarse

a year ago

I got this in a deluxe sample so i could try it and make my mind about it. First, I read the ingredients list: silicones, silicones and.... did I mention silicones? 4 different types of silicones in the first two lines of the INCI list. This means they're the main ingredients (together with water). At 64 dollars a pot, it's a rip off (=silicones are among the cheapest ingredients in the industry). I did not even try to let this cream go even near ny face because i knew before hand that it would break me out and possibly give me other bad reactions (as I read many other reviewers had, unfortunately). So i used it on my hands! As a hand cream, it is very pleasant: a very nice delicate scent and obviously all those silicones leave your skin velvet soft, like you are wearing a film, a sort of glove. The sensation is nice. Mind you: silicones are supposed to act as an occlusive layer, so that they can lock in moisture. For the dry skin of your hands or legs (so poor of sebum in addition) this may play well. Now on your face (mine, in particular!), and if you have combo skin, this is like putting a layer of synthetic wax: skin will not breathe and after a while it will get suffocated. If you don't break out from this the morning after, in the long run you will be given a dull, lacklustre skin because you are blocking it in its vital functions, with this moisturiser (silicones do this). And they dare to call it "skincare".... ______________ aqua/water/eau, cyclopentasiloxane, glycerin, cyclohexasiloxane, propanediol, ascorbyl glucoside, behenyl alcohol, dimethicone, peg/ppg-18/18 dimethicone, phenoxyethanol, borago officinalis seed oil, linum usitatissimum (linseed) seed oil, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, bisabolol, sodium hydroxide, polysorbate 20, butylene glycol, parfum/fragrance, isopropyl palmitate, ethylhexylglycerin, disodium edta, peg-8, lecithin, citrus aurantium dulcis (orange) fruit extract, tocopherol, resveratrol, limonene, 3-o-ethyl ascorbic acid, carbomer, saponins, benzyl salicylate, hyaluronic acid, silanetriol, swertia chirata extract, ascorbyl palmitate, citric acid, mineral salts, sorbic acid, anogeissus leiocarpus bark extract, ascorbic acid, farnesol, olus/vegetable oil/huile vegetale, palmitoyl tripeptide-1, palmitoyl tetrapeptide-7.

About reviewer (1019 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairBlond, Other, Fine

EyesGreen

a year ago

This cream is great for dry skin. In the winter, I get really dry, flakey patches on my face. When I first bought this, I used for a couple of days and my dry patch at the time cleared right up and I didn’t have other dry patch issues that winter! My skin is so dry that most creams absorb quickly and my skin is tight again but this one stays on and my skin actually feels more hydrated.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinDry, Medium

HairBrown

EyesHazel

a year ago

Really made me break out badly. Immediately and repeatedly. Apart from that, I liked the silky primer like feel upon application, but it may have made my combination skin oilier? Hydration was fine, didn’t dry me out, but also didn’t moisturize as well as others I’ve tried. Main problem is that it caused me terrible break-outs. Shame.

About reviewer (300 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

2 years ago

Stings my skin every time, and I don't have sensitive skin.

About reviewer (12 reviews)

SkinNormal, Medium

HairOther

2 years ago

It is a ridiculous product that I got: it is glue-like. I applied it to my neck and it felt sticky. When it dried in a few minutes it turned white like dry glue, and tightened my skin like a glue that had dried on your skin (unpleasant sensation), and then those white flakes began peeling off! Incredible experience! Rushed to a mirror and was shocked to see myself covered with white cracking film peeling off! I had to wash it off. I am confused: how do you people use it?!

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBrown

EyesHazel

2 years ago

Made my face itchy and dry. Stings my sensitive skin. Exactly what I don't want in a moisturizer.

About reviewer (145 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

from

4 years ago

I got this full-size product for free when I bought the Philosophy Purity Cleanser. Even though I have dry skin, this product feels too sticky and oily for my face. It takes a very long time for my skin to absorb the product. If I use it during the day, I can't help but remove the moisturizer after a few hours because I can't stand it on my face any longer. If I use it at night, I have to avoid sleeping on the side of my face because I don't want the product to get on my pillow case. I stopped using this after a week so I can't really tell if it makes a difference to my skin.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

4 years ago

I had such high hopes for this. What a let down. I wish I never saw this stuff! It smells aweful, like strong chemicals. And it burnt so bad every time I put it on like my face was on fire. I used it for about a week trying to give it a chance. Bad idea, I had chemical like burns on my face, my eye area was extremely itchy and irritated, red, dry, burning and peeling. My whole face was so dry it hurt and my skin kept peeling off in layers. I couldn't wear makeup for a week and couldn't bear to put anything on my face except loads of coconut oil. I stopped using it and my skin is slowly... getting better. So aweful and painful. Not a good experience. I've never had a reaction like this to anything before.

About reviewer (7 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair

HairBlond

from

4 years ago

I've been using the miracle worker moisturizer for 2+ years. I always buy my Philosophy from qvc because they come in sets and are a good deal. I used the Hope in a Jar forever but one of the sets I purchased came with the miracle worker. I really love it. I prefer this to the hope in a jar because it's thicker and more emollient. I have dry skin and I find it works well to improve moisture and texture. I don't know if it's anti aging. I know in the 2 years I started using it, I don't look any older. I always apply this after my vitamin c serum and before my primer. It works well for me.

About reviewer (927 reviews)

Age36-43