Wet 'n' Wild Mega Last Lipstick

4.3

I am a long time fan of Wet N Wild, while I may not have a lot of their products, I would say that at least one of their products has resided in my collection for the past 25 years. I have tried mostly their lipsticks and lipglosses, the products themselves being a hit but the color sometimes a miss. Many of the shades I have migrated to in the past are simply more frosty than what I go for nowadays. I keep trying to find a holy grail product of theirs simply because I really like the brand itself, they have stood the test of time, and they put out quality products for a nice price!

I have hemmed and hawwed about trying these lipsticks for a few months and finally took the plunge. I spent around $7 for three shades, Bare It All, In the Flesh and Spiked with Rum. Why did I wait so long?

Bare It All - I have seen this on numerous You Tube swatch videos and debated on this one for a long time. This is a really nice nude lipstick. I would call it sort of peachy brown but it's not drying at all, I find it to be nicely pigmented and for $2.29 why not? I will definitely purchase this color again, I wear mostly neutral colors and feel one can never have too many neutrals. Within reason, that is. Plus, this is my first matte lipstick believe it or not, I have never really gone for the matte thing but this is a nice option to have on hand when the mood strikes.

In The Flesh - This is a nice color too, though it reminds me a lot of Milani's Naturally Chic which is a holy grail color for me. I would say this goes a little more pink where Naturally Chic is a little more russet, rusty color. I like this shade but not sure I would repurchase because I prefer Naturally Chic, but nice shade overall.

Spiked with Rum - I had high hopes for this color, it is very nice but honestly it's too dark for me. Again when it's time for a night on the town will likely reach for my Naturally Chic instead of this one. I would call this a darker brown with rusty/russet tones. This looks so nice on the You Tube videos on the models but doesn't look the best on me.

Overall, I am glad I tried these, even if all the shades are not winners for my skintone. Bare It All is a definite repurchase, and that may be my holy grail product from this brand. There are other colors I am interested in trying, such as Wine Room, Rose Bud and maybe Sandstorm but we will see. For the price though, you really can't go wrong in testing them out even if you get a few duds.

I give these lipsticks 4 stars overall, definite repurchase. The trick is finding which shades work the best for you, similar to their Silk Finish Lipsticks and Lipglosses which I also like.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Yaaaas! Just do it! I own most of the colors in the line (except the ones I highly suspect won't suit me), and there have been very, very few misses.

I have written individual reviews for most of the colors I own, so if you have your eye in a specific shade, MUA does have a pretty good selection of individual reviews.

Have fun with these, really good quality at a great price.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

These lippies are actually quite creamy despite being matte. WnW claims four hours of wear, and I’d say that’s accurate—and I’m a lip chewer. I own Purty Persimmon and Dollhouse Pink—nice statement lip shades in the spring. But my favorites are three nudes: Bare it All, a pinky beige that’s a titch light for me (NC40) except in the dead of winter. Mocha-licious, a gothy plum brown right outta the ‘90s. My fave is Sand Storm, a universally flattering marsala shade that looks superb on the brown-eyed. All three are totally wearable, don’t scream lipstick or take over one’s whole face even when wantonly applied. Some shades are more buttery (and consequently less long-wearing) than others. The packaging, as usual with WnW, is terrible. The transparent cap stays clean for about five minutes, and after that it gets smeared with product unless you have NASA-grade docking skills. The caps close with a pathetic click and then fall off in your purse, leaving lipstick streaks on your handbag liner and lint on the lipstick, because, of course, they don’t retract all the way. But, you know, somehow it’s worth it. Expensive lips at a rock-bottom price.

Packaging sucks, but it's a nice lipstick. I have a few shades and I've never been disappointed.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I have one color in this line, Bare it All, just because it was raved about on the web. I tried wearing it the other day - and found it to be extremely tacky and dry. It would just tug at my lips with no give when I tried to swatch it on my lips. I bought it probably a year ago - so I'm not sure if it's just the formula of this line, but it's not my favorite. I prefer the cheaper silk finish WnW lipsticks to this. They are so much more creamier. I also found these to have a smell. Not strong, but like clay.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I'm a huge lipstick girl, and I own a LOT Of them and from different brands and different price points (MAC, The Balm, Dior, NYX, Maybelline, Loreal, you name it!) so you can say I have enough exposure to see which lipsticks are good or not.

This one is magical (shade: sandstorm) because at it's price point it feels and looks beautiful. I love the kinda glossy-more satin feel on my lips. It's a bit drying (but so are my MAC lipsticks) but its nothing to disturb you.

One thing I dislike is the packaging, my friends have decided to melt theirs and put them in pots. I take extra care on handling it since I prefer to swipe the product directly on my lips. In my opinion, this performs well along some more expensive lipsticks and I think the feathering issue really does depend on your skin type, what you ate, or your lip shape because this doesn't feather on me (and I don't wear lip liners!). It's going to transfer, its going to fade, really it's a lipstick. A really affordable and beautiful lipstick! Give it a try regardless of reviews, it wont hurt your wallet!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have an entire MU bag full of these w backups of some. I think I may have them all. I can't believe I didn't do a review until now. The packaging sux--some of them just have a number on the bottom making it impose to know its name w/o googling it so i would change that. Then the caps fall right off (in ur bag too) so I'm like a review below I have a makeup bag just for lipsticks in my purse to contain the madness & switch them out every couple of days. My faves...? Fluctuates w my mood but right now ~>thisminute<- I have bare it all, sandstorm, rosebud, & spiked w rum in my bag. These are dirt cheap so u can buy backups or in my case, 1 of every 1! These aren't as good as my MAC (of course) but for the price pointe these are 1 of the very finest DS lipsticks (elf is my #1), can't beat them I never get bored of them. Color selection is gr8! Wears for hours I think my fave is Bare It All perf nude Goes w evthing. DS makeup @ its finest. For $18, I can have 1 MAC or 8 of these! & they are cruelty free #winning

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I believe people are a little biased in their reviews because of the extremely low price point. Yes if your budget is very limited these are more than okay. But overall, while the shade selection is lovely and the colors are pigmented and opaque, the formula is quite drying and sometimes the lipstick drags on your lips (if you apply straight from the tube). If you exfoliate and moisturize prior to application, they can work quite well. Packaging is flimsy and messy but can be overlooked for the price.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

These lipsticks are AMAZING! I have four of them, namely Spiked with Rum, Sandstorm, Rosebud and Bare It All. In my opinion, they're a total steal for only $2 each, they're long lasting. I'm a total lipstick eater, normally my lipstick does not last more than 3 hours, but these babies last me the entire work day (more than 7 hours), they're completely matte and super pigmented! (just the way I like them), but can transfer. Most of these lipsticks are also vegan to my knowledge, at least the ones I own are. The packaging is another story however. The pumps on two of them broke within 2 months of use, and they can no longer be raised by twisting. The cover also tends to get a bit smeared with the lipstick which drives me insane, but they're dirt cheap, so who cares about a little smearing? They don't really smell good, at all. The feel is silky and matte, a bit on the heavy side. I've also heard that Bare It All resembles MAC's Velvet Teddy, but since I haven't used the latter, I can't confirm that.

I am not in love with this lipstick like others are. It's okay. The pigmentation is great, and the longevity is fine. The problem for me is that the texture is thicker than I care for, and it accentuates the texture of my lips. I have other lipsticks in my collection at all price points that I prefer. That said, I think these are decent quality and better than some of the high end products I've tried.