Wet 'n' Wild Mega Last Lipstick

4.3

I LOVE these! Wet n ' Wild recently repackaged these. No smell and all black packaging with Wet n' Wild Megalast Lip Color written in white on the bottom half of the lipstick.

SAND STORM IS A MODT BEAUTIFUL LIPSTICK COLOR I EVER SEE

I am a long time fan of Wet N Wild, while I may not have a lot of their products, I would say that at least one of their products has resided in my collection for the past 25 years. I have tried mostly their lipsticks and lipglosses, the products themselves being a hit but the color sometimes a miss. Many of the shades I have migrated to in the past are simply more frosty than what I go for nowadays. I keep trying to find a holy grail product of theirs simply because I really like the brand itself, they have stood the test of time, and they put out quality products for a nice price!

I have hemmed and hawwed about trying these lipsticks for a few months and finally took the plunge. I spent around $7 for three shades, Bare It All, In the Flesh and Spiked with Rum. Why did I wait so long?

Bare It All - I have seen this on numerous You Tube swatch videos and debated on this one for a long time. This is a really nice nude lipstick. I would call it sort of peachy brown but it's not drying at all, I find it to be nicely pigmented and for $2.29 why not? I will definitely purchase this color again, I wear mostly neutral colors and feel one can never have too many neutrals. Within reason, that is. Plus, this is my first matte lipstick believe it or not, I have never really gone for the matte thing but this is a nice option to have on hand when the mood strikes.

In The Flesh - This is a nice color too, though it reminds me a lot of Milani's Naturally Chic which is a holy grail color for me. I would say this goes a little more pink where Naturally Chic is a little more russet, rusty color. I like this shade but not sure I would repurchase because I prefer Naturally Chic, but nice shade overall.

Spiked with Rum - I had high hopes for this color, it is very nice but honestly it's too dark for me. Again when it's time for a night on the town will likely reach for my Naturally Chic instead of this one. I would call this a darker brown with rusty/russet tones. This looks so nice on the You Tube videos on the models but doesn't look the best on me.

Overall, I am glad I tried these, even if all the shades are not winners for my skintone. Bare It All is a definite repurchase, and that may be my holy grail product from this brand. There are other colors I am interested in trying, such as Wine Room, Rose Bud and maybe Sandstorm but we will see. For the price though, you really can't go wrong in testing them out even if you get a few duds.

I give these lipsticks 4 stars overall, definite repurchase. The trick is finding which shades work the best for you, similar to their Silk Finish Lipsticks and Lipglosses which I also like.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I am a lipstick addict, and as addiction goes, quantity eventually outweighs quality. I have 905D Smokin Hot Pink (HG lipstick color) and 909D in Coral-ine (nice summer red for pale girls) , $2 at Walgreens. Both are beautiful colors, best for warm or neutral undertones. These are the best in cheap lipstick, the color payoff is amazing, the moisture isn't bad considering they are matte. The only problem I run into is they don't have much staying power, I have to reapply every hour or so. I love them and are willing to put up with the reapplying. No fragrance I can smell, and the packaging is pretty bland, but sturdy. Will be collecting more colors soon.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

New Edit: I am so sad but I must destash these. They give me cystic lip acne which no other lipstick ever has :/. I suspected them a few months ago and took a break, re-tried today and found a baby cyst during makeup removal.

I love the colors and formula but I can't deal with the pain and scarring. I have 11 in shades that work for me (and have destashed several that didn't work). I'm just heartbroken.

Original review: Yaaaas! Just do it! These are creamy, saturated, thick, opaque semi-mattes with great coverage and adhesion. I own most of the colors in the line (except the ones I highly suspect won't suit me), and there have been very, very few misses.

I have written individual reviews for most of the colors I own, so if you have your eye in a specific shade, MUA does have a pretty good selection of individual reviews.

Have fun with these, really good quality at a great price.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

These lippies are actually quite creamy despite being matte. WnW claims four hours of wear, and I’d say that’s accurate—and I’m a lip chewer. I own Purty Persimmon and Dollhouse Pink—nice statement lip shades in the spring. But my favorites are three nudes: Bare it All, a pinky beige that’s a titch light for me (NC40) except in the dead of winter. Mocha-licious, a gothy plum brown right outta the ‘90s. My fave is Sand Storm, a universally flattering marsala shade that looks superb on the brown-eyed. All three are totally wearable, don’t scream lipstick or take over one’s whole face even when wantonly applied. Some shades are more buttery (and consequently less long-wearing) than others. The packaging, as usual with WnW, is terrible. The transparent cap stays clean for about five minutes, and after that it gets smeared with product unless you have NASA-grade docking skills. The caps close with a pathetic click and then fall off in your purse, leaving lipstick streaks on your handbag liner and lint on the lipstick, because, of course, they don’t retract all the way. But, you know, somehow it’s worth it. Expensive lips at a rock-bottom price.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have an entire MU bag full of these w backups of some. I think I may have them all. I can't believe I didn't do a review until now. The packaging sux--some of them just have a number on the bottom making it impose to know its name w/o googling it so i would change that. Then the caps fall right off (in ur bag too) so I'm like a review below I have a makeup bag just for lipsticks in my purse to contain the madness & switch them out every couple of days. My faves...? Fluctuates w my mood but right now ~>thisminute<- I have bare it all, sandstorm, rosebud, & spiked w rum in my bag. These are dirt cheap so u can buy backups or in my case, 1 of every 1! These aren't as good as my MAC (of course) but for the price pointe these are 1 of the very finest DS lipsticks (elf is my #1), can't beat them I never get bored of them. Color selection is gr8! Wears for hours I think my fave is Bare It All perf nude Goes w evthing. DS makeup @ its finest. For $18, I can have 1 MAC or 8 of these! & they are cruelty free #winning

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I have one color in this line, Bare it All, just because it was raved about on the web. I tried wearing it the other day - and found it to be extremely tacky and dry. It would just tug at my lips with no give when I tried to swatch it on my lips. I bought it probably a year ago - so I'm not sure if it's just the formula of this line, but it's not my favorite. I prefer the cheaper silk finish WnW lipsticks to this. They are so much more creamier. I also found these to have a smell. Not strong, but like clay.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I'm a huge lipstick girl, and I own a LOT Of them and from different brands and different price points (MAC, The Balm, Dior, NYX, Maybelline, Loreal, you name it!) so you can say I have enough exposure to see which lipsticks are good or not.

This one is magical (shade: sandstorm) because at it's price point it feels and looks beautiful. I love the kinda glossy-more satin feel on my lips. It's a bit drying (but so are my MAC lipsticks) but its nothing to disturb you.

One thing I dislike is the packaging, my friends have decided to melt theirs and put them in pots. I take extra care on handling it since I prefer to swipe the product directly on my lips. In my opinion, this performs well along some more expensive lipsticks and I think the feathering issue really does depend on your skin type, what you ate, or your lip shape because this doesn't feather on me (and I don't wear lip liners!). It's going to transfer, its going to fade, really it's a lipstick. A really affordable and beautiful lipstick! Give it a try regardless of reviews, it wont hurt your wallet!

Packaging sucks, but it's a nice lipstick. I have a few shades and I've never been disappointed.