Maybelline Volum' Express The Falsies

Maybelline Volum' Express The Falsies

3.4

AQUA / WATER, PARAFFIN, POTASSIUM CETYL PHOSPHATE, CERA ALBA / BEESWAX, CERA CARNAUBA / CARNAUBA WAX, ACACIA SENEGAL / ACACIA SENEGAL GUM, GLYCERIN, CETYL ALCOHOL, ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE PEG/PPG-17/18 DIMETHICONE, STEARETH-20, PHENOXYETHANOL, HYDROLYZED CORN STARCH, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, SODIUM POLYMETHACRYLATE, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, HYDROGENATED JOJOBA OIL, HYDROGENATED PALM OIL, SIMETHICONE, RAYON, DISODIUM EDTA, ARGININE, SERINE, GLUTAMIC ACID, 2-OLEAMIDO-1,3-OCTADECANEDIOL, SILICA,PANTHENOL

on 2/27/2017 12:48:00 AM

I have three mascara. By far, this one is not really favourable. My eyelashes is thin and when I use this it get clumpy. It darkened my eyelashes so it does bring a little volume but still my eyelashes become so heavy and honestly it didn't lift my eyelashes at all. Good thing is that this mascara does stay long so no panda eyes because of the formula flake.

The packaging is a tube but a little bit wide on the middle section I found no problem with it.

This is great affordable mascara, I particularly like the wand as it saves me curling my eyelashes!

on 1/20/2017 11:09:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This, by far, is my absolute favorite drugstore mascara. The curled wand shapes to coat as many lashes in one swipe as possible. The mascara is buildable without looking clumpy while looking voluminous. Always buy this when I run out!

on 1/20/2017 9:49:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This brush & formula is an instant clumpy nightmare on my thin lashes. Any primer makes it worse. The brush is too soft & dense to comb out clumps, and the clumps pile up fast.

My habit is to apply by rolling a mascara brush from root to tip, then adding another layer from midshaft to tip. I can't do that successfully with this one. I end up needing to wait over 10 minutes to use a lash comb or remove it entirely, and I hate using a product where I need another to make it look right. I've never particularly cared for Maybelline mascaras, and this one is at the bottom of my list along with Great Lash.

A tell about how Maybelline feels about its mascara line: last year they packaged a bunch of clumpy formulas with crappy brushes with an ad that said spidery, garbage-looking lashes were some cutting edge, punk style. Who could even wear that on a daily basis & look like a normal human being? I don't need to look like I put my makeup on drunk. It's combined enough to make me very distrustful of spending even $3 on a maybelline mascara, lemme tell ya.

By comparison, I'm on the cheap side of mascara, but I'll splurge on a primer. I favor Cover Girl voluminous in the orange tube, esp. in brown. I ended up with a few samples of Benefit Rollerlash, and I like that one a lot too. The benefit primer is good, but my preferred is Make Up Forever Lash Fibers. I'm also a big fan of Maybelline Lash Discovery or It Tightline, both of which are ultra thin to get to roots without much smudging along the lash line.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I rate this mascara 3.5 lipsticks because it does give great length and just okay volume (despite the name).
I prefer the Falsies Black Drama over this version as the Black Drama one seems to give me super length and curl seems to stay in place better.

The regular Falsies isn't bad but probably would work for someone blessed with naturally full lashes and isn't prone to mascara smudging. (I've started layering my regular mascaras with a tubing formula for staying power)
The brush is similar to other Volum' Express Falsies mascaras - a flexible sort of brush that takes a big of getting used to.
Overall, an okay mascara but not something I'd re-purchase.

on 1/6/2017 12:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hands down, my HG mascara. I had 3 people in one day ask me if I was wearing false eyelashes. Stays put and does not flake. Not difficult to remove. THE BEST!

flakes especially if curl after applying or adding a second coat after first, not falsies effect either, pass

on 12/11/2016 7:35:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Flakiest mascara ever, it falls all over my face and gets into my contacts, it clumps horribly and dries out rly fast which makes it worse, I have no idea how this used to be my favorite back in middle school

on 12/11/2016 4:08:00 AM

this is a great affortabke mascara, coats the lashes well, holds curl, gives just the right amount of volume,

on 11/28/2016 2:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I love this product and have been using for many years in a row, about 6 years now. I like the curved brush and the bristles really tease apart and coat each lash. Great, affordable mascara.

Popular Mascaras