Maybelline New York Volum' Express The Falsies

Maybelline New York Volum' Express The Falsies

3.3

AQUA / WATER, PARAFFIN, POTASSIUM CETYL PHOSPHATE, CERA ALBA / BEESWAX, CERA CARNAUBA / CARNAUBA WAX, ACACIA SENEGAL / ACACIA SENEGAL GUM, GLYCERIN, CETYL ALCOHOL, ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE PEG/PPG-17/18 DIMETHICONE, STEARETH-20, PHENOXYETHANOL, HYDROLYZED CORN STARCH, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, SODIUM POLYMETHACRYLATE, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, HYDROGENATED JOJOBA OIL, HYDROGENATED PALM OIL, SIMETHICONE, RAYON, DISODIUM EDTA, ARGININE, SERINE, GLUTAMIC ACID, 2-OLEAMIDO-1,3-OCTADECANEDIOL, SILICA,PANTHENOL

on 10/1/2018 11:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is easily one of my top 5 mascaras.

I wouldn't say I'm a mascara snob but I definitely put mascara performance under a magnifying glass. The one I have is in Blackest Black - I don't remember if it's waterproof but it's a purple tube with a metallic blue band.

The brush is really unique - its bristles are wide for a nice fanning effect, and the brush is also slightly curved which really helps for applying mascara to your lower lashes. It follows the natural roundness of your eyes! It doesn't overload my bottom lashes either. A+

The formula is a bit more wet and sleeker than my other favorite mascaras (Benefit Roller Lash and Urban Decay Super Curling) but it's consistency doesn't make it clump - which I love! And it does lengthen and give you a Audrey Hepburn lashes look. Another thing I like about this mascara is that it doesn't smudge onto your lower lid or transfer as much as other mascaras. I have oily lids so raccoon eyes become the default. Not so with this mascara! Definitely recommend.

on 8/9/2018 5:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This mascara is ok.

It seperates my lashes and doesn't clump. The downside is that it doesn't curl my lashes very well.

So, I am a big believe in HUGE lashes, and I usually use L'Oreal Voluminous Lash Paradise, but I wanted to try something a little cheaper, just to try out (since I work at a drug store, sometimes I just waste time looking at the products, finding new things to try.)
The packaging is adorable, and I was really hopeful about the brush since I've been a fan of similar brushes (especially The Balm mad lash mascara)
I tried this this morning, and I wasn't a huge fan of the brush even though I've used brushes like this before but this one just was not doing it for me. I like thick mascara, not clumpy but dark and long, and the product just didn't seem wet enough for me to put the amount I wanted before it just got too dry and hard on my lashes to double up or even triple up on layers.
After it was done, it was alright, my lashes looked long and brushed out and such, but not really as dark or big as I wanted. Would not repurchase, but would recommend for someone who wants a more natural looking mascara (contrary to the name "Falsies")

on 1/19/2018 11:21:00 AM

meh. Not too bad, not extremely good either.

on 10/18/2017 12:42:00 PM

I was on vacation and in desperate need of mascara. Only 1 shop in town and no acess to reviews, so I just took a chance and grabbed this. Ugh, it's so clumpy. When I got back home I even tried it under mascara primer and it still clumped. It makes my eyelashes look bumpy and spikey, really not a good look. I also felt the color was not a saturated lush black which I would prefer. Can a mascara be dingy? I liked the shape of the brush and that's about it. Oh, I forgot to mention, there is no way to apply another coat. It becomes very dry and set quickly, it's discouraging.

on 9/18/2017 8:55:00 AM

Gives volume without the spider effect. No clumps. I did need to use another mascara for corner lashes but I like this. I got the blackest black and it's good.

Update: does work better with a lash primer because it tends to skip sections of my lashes.

I got this mascara in the waterproof version and it doesn't come off in a lake or pools which is great because I go swimming quite a bit. my friends always ask what Mascara I use because they think I have fake lashes on which makes me happy. the real reason I got this was because Acacia Brinley used to love it and she was right it's great I use it almost every day!I would recommend this to anyone who doesn't like the hassle of falsies

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I really love the brush on this particular mascara. I have straight, fine lashes and this really lifts them and plumps them up. The formula is nice for volume because it is a mousse-like texture, and it doesn't really get very flaky until the tube dries out a lot. I could usually get about two months of daily use, which isn't too bad at this price point. Unfortunately I will not repurchase because it is not cruelty free, but if you just need an inexpensive drugstore mascara that volumizes then this may be a good option.

I really like the brush except that it collects a lot of product on the top of it which makes it harder to apply.
I always use REVLON's eyelash curler before applying mascara and this mascara doesn't hold the curl at all.

+ Good pigment (I wear "Blackest Black")
+ Brush
+ Price Point

- Smudges
- Doesn't separate the lashes
- Clumps up

I've been using this product for a month

on 6/18/2017 5:11:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Cons: Very clumpy. It makes my lashes very heavy and it does smudge to my lower lash line.

Pros: My lashes appear longer and blacker.