Maybelline Volum' Express The Falsies

Maybelline Volum' Express The Falsies

3.4

AQUA / WATER, PARAFFIN, POTASSIUM CETYL PHOSPHATE, CERA ALBA / BEESWAX, CERA CARNAUBA / CARNAUBA WAX, ACACIA SENEGAL / ACACIA SENEGAL GUM, GLYCERIN, CETYL ALCOHOL, ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE PEG/PPG-17/18 DIMETHICONE, STEARETH-20, PHENOXYETHANOL, HYDROLYZED CORN STARCH, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, SODIUM POLYMETHACRYLATE, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, HYDROGENATED JOJOBA OIL, HYDROGENATED PALM OIL, SIMETHICONE, RAYON, DISODIUM EDTA, ARGININE, SERINE, GLUTAMIC ACID, 2-OLEAMIDO-1,3-OCTADECANEDIOL, SILICA,PANTHENOL

on 10/18/2017 12:42:00 PM

I was on vacation and in desperate need of mascara. Only 1 shop in town and no acess to reviews, so I just took a chance and grabbed this. Ugh, it's so clumpy. When I got back home I even tried it under mascara primer and it still clumped. It makes my eyelashes look bumpy and spikey, really not a good look. I also felt the color was not a saturated lush black which I would prefer. Can a mascara be dingy? I liked the shape of the brush and that's about it. Oh, I forgot to mention, there is no way to apply another coat. It becomes very dry and set quickly, it's discouraging.

on 9/18/2017 8:55:00 AM

Gives volume without the spider effect. No clumps. I did need to use another mascara for corner lashes but I like this. I got the blackest black and it's good.

Update: does work better with a lash primer because it tends to skip sections of my lashes.

on 6/18/2017 5:11:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Cons: Very clumpy. It makes my lashes very heavy and it does smudge to my lower lash line.

Pros: My lashes appear longer and blacker.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I really love the brush on this particular mascara. I have straight, fine lashes and this really lifts them and plumps them up. The formula is nice for volume because it is a mousse-like texture, and it doesn't really get very flaky until the tube dries out a lot. I could usually get about two months of daily use, which isn't too bad at this price point. Unfortunately I will not repurchase because it is not cruelty free, but if you just need an inexpensive drugstore mascara that volumizes then this may be a good option.

I really like the brush except that it collects a lot of product on the top of it which makes it harder to apply.
I always use REVLON's eyelash curler before applying mascara and this mascara doesn't hold the curl at all.

+ Good pigment (I wear "Blackest Black")
+ Brush
+ Price Point

- Smudges
- Doesn't separate the lashes
- Clumps up

I've been using this product for a month

I got this mascara in the waterproof version and it doesn't come off in a lake or pools which is great because I go swimming quite a bit. my friends always ask what Mascara I use because they think I have fake lashes on which makes me happy. the real reason I got this was because Acacia Brinley used to love it and she was right it's great I use it almost every day!I would recommend this to anyone who doesn't like the hassle of falsies

Okay, well this product has been something I have been buying for about 2 years now,

1) It makes my lashes super long and very visable!
2) The product smells like nothing.
3) The brush works well & does the job but after about 10+ uses the air traps into the bottle and causes the product to clump onto the brush.
4) It does not curl your lashes or hold lashes up that well ( do not choose this if your wearing false lashes.)
5) The packaging fades if left in makeup bag after about a month ( the product lasts that long after openening, I really am picky with textures of mascara, I like when they are not wet but not thick either if you know what I mean)

All in all I purchased this from my local Pharmaprix in Montreal on Sale for 6$, And it does the job and doesn't flake off like some mascaras I have bought, although after 9 hours nothing looks as great as when you first applied it)

Hope this helps :)

on 4/1/2017 1:56:00 PM

I used to love this mascara. Unfortunately the last 3 or 4 tubes I have purchased have been incredibly dry and flaky. I am now searching for something better.

I don't understand all the hype about this product. On me, it made my lashes look stringy and clumped. It didn't make them fan out at all. It also did not hold a curl.

on 5/22/2017 12:57:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I have used the product for like a year and I love it The design on the front is bad because it ended up coming off. I really do like this and I have been asked multiple times if I had on fake eye lashes. I wouldn't buy it again because it does clump up and I do have to like scrape the bristles against the sides so I don't have that much mascara. I experimented with it and I like it but I would get another mascara. It is better to use when it is almost empty.