Ulta Automatic eyeliner in Teal Blue

No Image

4.5

on 11/1/2011 6:59:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

As an Indian-from-India, I'm used to lining my eyes with black. Really cutting edge, risky fashion, I know. Anyway, the go-to eyeliner on my dressing table was L'Oreal's "Wear Infinité" automatic pencil; so what if I tended to get raccoon eyes as the day progressed? Marie Claire, or some such mag, had given it a seal of approval, and I am a sheep, so I stuck with it.

Until the glorious day when I snagged my aunt's Ulta eyeliner- IN BLUE. To her delight, I immediately dropped my lazy slash tomboyish ways, and we had a girly trip to the Ulta store that very evening.

I took a deep breath and dropped $4 on Ulta's teal eyeliner. Love. TOTAL love. I had always associated blue eyeliner with the 80s and California valley girls, but it turns out that I can rock the look too.

I then got a little too bold and picked up other colors- raisin, moss/olive, indigo, and black. None of them had any 'pop' on my skin tone at all! Copious rubbing resulted in faint, anemic colors, which were way too subtle (moss/olive) or made me look as if I'd been crying (raisin).

Back to Ulta, where I exchanged the failures for teal, glorious teal. I've been wearing it all the time, and received so many compliments from my friends. True, they might just be commenting on the change - I tend to stick to the tried and true, so ANY change is noticeable - but I prefer to believe that they think I look damn good. Because I do.

Can you tell this is my first review? Way too wordy. Okay, so I am pleased with the lovely color. It does not migrate south from my lower lash-line TOO badly. Re the packaging, um, well, it's a plastic-wrapped pencil. Nothing too high tech or comment-worthy, right? Big fan of automatic pencils. I did look up 'Ulta' on the EWG Skin Deep Cosmetics Database, but they're not yet listed. I hope that they don't turn out to be terribly carcinogenic, because I really love this eyeliner and plan to use it for the rest of my life.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

ULTA was having a 2-for-1 sale so I bought this as my second (the other was charcoal gray). This is truly a lovely color and a pretty good eyeliner. It's "automatic" so there is no sharpening, and when paired with UDPP or TFSI it stays on all day on the upper lashline (it does smudge on my lower lashline, without UDPP or TFSI). I either tightline this or put a very thin line above Blacktrack. It's just enough of a flirt with color to make my brown eyes pop - a dark blue green that can be worn year round.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

My friend gave it to me as a gift and I thank her all the time!! The blue works really well on my skin. It smudges a little easily on the water line or on oily skin but I still love it. The pigment is great. I will defiantly be buying another one when I run out!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Pros
Got it for 2 bucks
Great pigment that looks great with brown eyes
Not as long lasting as my cream/gel liners but good for a pencil
Easy to apply
Some of it stays on the waterline
No sharpener (I dont like them...you end up wasting product)
Cons
Sometimes it flakes but not every time I wear it.

When I wear this I have to remember to check a mirror a few times throughout the day because it can flake