Revlon Colorsilk in Soft Dark Brown

Price: $

Price: $

on 1/30/2017 1:07:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've been using this product for awhile now .I noticed my grey roots still have a reddish tint but better results than other colors I tried .Price is great but also worries me packing seems cheap.my biggest concern is my hair's has alot of breakage on top which I just recently noticed .I color my hair every three wks .I don't know if this is what's causing the breakage .I never had this before in my life ? I do have have thryroid problems but it is under control .So I don't know if it's the color brand or I'm doing it to frequently.the color does fade fast but I like the color I do get .If I use a dark brown my hair looks black so the soft dark brown works great .I'm just worried. About the breakage on top of head .Has anyone experienced this

on 8/27/2015 7:15:00 AM

I bought this out of sheer necessity (my roots were very visible!) and could not find my usual LOreal Healthy Look semi-permanent dye, which may have been discontinued or just not sold at Walgreens any more. I hate permanent dyes due to the harsh line left when your hair grows out, so I really did not want to purchase this!

However, to my surprise, this did not give me a solid line as my hair grew out, in fact it faded just like a semi-permanent dye would. I bought this in Dark Soft Brown (33) to match my existing dyed hair color, but my hair is naturally dark blonde so roots are always an issue. It was a beautiful color and was not too dark against my skin, much to my surprise.

My hair felt nourished and soft after using this, and it was beautifully shiny. I will keep purchasing this dye as long as it is still available!

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

The worst color I ever used,it's burn all my hair,they say it's amonia free,but I don't think so ,frist it's smell like a amonia to me ,Dont used ,you will be sorry for your hair :(

on 11/19/2012 12:15:00 AM

I bought this color without reading the print in the back. Its a rich dark brown with red in it. The amount is good but I barely had enough of it for all of my hair. If you have long hair (past your armpit) I would highly recommend you buy two. The conditioner is great. I'm not sure why a lot of reviews say that the conditioner is too little. It was more than enough. And it smelled like bananas. I personally don't like red hair on MYSELF. But, if you want a reddish brown that's subtle, go with this one. The packaging is nothing special, its usually under $4, and it's a beautiful color.

Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse

Colorsilk is great because its under $3, and works amazing! The color pretty much always matches the box for me. I am naturally a light blonde, but felt like going dark so I bought Soft Dark Brown. It looks great, minus a greenish tint but a little ketchup shampoo helped with that!

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I will never again purchase this product. Lesson learned, you truly get what you pay for. For under $3.00 I was able to go home and dye my mousy dark blonde hair this Soft Dark Brown color. 4 days and 2 shampoos later my hair is almost the same mousy dark blonde pre coloring. The only difference? My hair now has a lovely brassy hue. For the 2 days I DID thoroughly get to enjoy being a brunette there was no sign of any reddish hue to my new color. I am very disappointed in this producti will be purchasing a different brand tomorrow and attempting this again. Hopefully my naturally thick and frizzy/curly hair won`t be (and look) insanely damaged.

I was a fan of Natural Match. The color I was using was gorgeous, but did not cover my gray at all. I had heard that colorsilk was good, but decided to stay away from the dark brown as it could look black.

Decided to go with Dark Soft Brown and it is beautiful! Covers my gray and looks dark brown with sparkly highlights. I use my own gloves so that was not an issue. Cannot beat the price. I also love the conditioner that comes with it.

on 4/13/2010 11:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I purchased this without reading the review on MUA first which is something I rarely do. But i've used Revlon Colorsilk Hair Color for years (mainly just black or blue black) and have never once had a problem. I had recently dyed my hair a lighter brown/blonde color and wanted to go back to my darker roots, just didn't wanna go back to black. I purchased this based on the color on the box (something you should probably never do with at home hair color, seeing as most shades come out wayyy darker). I LOVE the conditioner that Revlon gives you with the dye, it smells lovely and leaves your hair so extremely soft. I used this tonight and i'm not disappointed, the color came out maybe a shade darker then I would of liked, but it'll lighten over time i'm sure. It's a beautiful brown color and I see some highlights as well. When I straighten my hair tomorrow i'll see how it fully looks. When shampooing after my hair did feel VERY dry, and same when I blew dry it even though I used a leave in. Currently i'm doing a deep conditioning treatment and tomorrow i'll shampoo like normal and use the conditioner provided. I definitely recommend this to someone who is looking to dye their hair a beautiful shade of brown. And for under $3 you can't beat it! Who needs a $10 box of dye :)

on 3/23/2010 10:40:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

After reading the reviews, I decided to purchase this over the weekend. I couldn't believe all of the shades and was truly overwhelmed. The price was dirt cheap ($2.97) and I purchased my two boxes of Soft Dark Brown. Like some of the reviews mentioned...my hair felt like straw after I put in the product and I just sat around for the next 20 minutes praying my hair wouldn't end up FRIED! I rinsed it out very well, shampooed and conditioned with L'Oreal Color Vive and my hair felt like silk when I was done! The color is true to the box and I have wanted a rich brown for the longest time. I had black hair for years but it just doesn't do anything for me anymore -- it pretty much washes me out. ColorSilk is truly the best bet for us brunettes. Just remember to condition, condition, condition and did I mention CONDITION!

This was a terrible product- for me, at least. I know many people who swear by Colorsilk and love this shade, because it colors their hair so richly and has such nice shine. That said, I've used Colorsilk in the past and never had very good results. Recently, I decided to give it a try again, so I bought two boxes of Soft Dark Brown. It's a good thing it was only $5 for both boxes, because the first time I used it, the color washed out completely within two days, leaving my hair very brassy. I used it again a few months later (I don't know what I was thinking) and it turned my hair JET BLACK. I've dyed my hair every color of the rainbow, literally, at one point or another, so I know how hard it is to strip black out of hair, and I decided, finally, to go to my mom's colorist and have him fix it. Thank God he could. This shade also gave me orangey brown roots, while dying the rest of my hair, as I said, jet black, which is lovely on some people but makes me look like I'm 13 and still listening to Avril Lavigne. I wouldn't buy this shade again, and probably not this brand, either. Too bad, the price is great.