China Glaze lemon fizz

lemon fizz

4.1

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse

Lemon Fizz was introduced in the spring 2010 Up & Away collection, and I think it is/was added to the core collection since it is still very easy to find today. The shade is a pastel yellow, with a cream formula. The strong white undertone makes the shade look brighter then it really is, giving it an almost bleached neon pop. This shade is similar to SinfulColor Unicorn, but has the better, non-streaky formula.

The thin formula isn't great but most yellows are tricky, as are pastel shades due to their white base, so for a combination of yellow and pastel I'm pleased with it. Like I've said the formula is thin [like most pastel creams], so it can pool up on the brush and flood the nails & cuticles, so be careful wiping off the excess. Some nails only take two coats for a flawless finish, but mostly this shade takes three coats for an opaque and largely even finish - I find one thinner coat, followed by thicker coats when the first one is fully dry is best. A topcoat is a must-have with this shade, to fully even out the finish.

Lemon Fizz is a nice polish overall, but China Glaze has just released a new collection (Color Is Magic - My Little Pony) which has a pastel yellow in, and I prefer the formula on that shade as it evens out better.

on 5/6/2015 8:58:00 PM

This is a light yellow opaque color; it doesn't lean orange and it doesn't lean green and it doesn't have brown. As yellows go, the application is ok - not terribly streaky but still must be careful at the cuticles because it is so opaque. I wouldn't buy again only because I don't wear yellow that often. But, I do get compliments on the color.

on 5/9/2013 7:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This has actually become one of my favourite polishes in my collection! I wasn't too sure about it because yellows tend to wash me out, but this pastel banana milk colour was so flattering on my nails. The formula is great, only 2 coats to get it completely opaque. I used 3 coats and it lasted a long time without chipping. Love love LOVE this polish!

I love yellows, and this one is beautiful. With a base coat, a crackle over the top and top coat, it lasted over a week with not a scratch. Great yellow to have in your collection.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I have to admit the idea of yellow nails kind freaks me out... especially bright yellows. But this yellow is great... it has enough colour to pop but is not too bright. It's a medium toned pastel yellow. Personally I wouldn't wear yellow on my full nail, but I was looking for a yellow to use to do flowers and accents on nails. And this works great for that. The formula seems normal to me, just like my other China Glaze polishes.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Great color for spring time! I just painted my nails last night and received so many compliments at work

what i like about this nail polish:
-color. so vibrant!
-does not chip
-long lasting

on 5/11/2011 12:41:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Another color from my easter mani.
This is such a pretty yellow creme.
I loved it for easter such a soft yellow not too bold and bright but still gets noticed. perfect for spring.

A pastel yellow that manages to be both soft and bright. It's not unflattering on my fair skin at all. It levels out really well after three coats, and is probably one of my favorite China Glaze shades.

on 9/3/2011 11:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

A soft pastel yellow. Tad thick and requires thinner often. It's streaky when it's thick. Maybe will have to try Orly lemonade as a comparison.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is another nice colour from China Glaze. It really compliments my skin tone, yellow usually makes me look washed out but this was only on my nails and it still looked good. It went on smoothly (two coats) and it started to chip on the 3rd day. Overall a good buy :)

Popular Polishes