Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Correcting Powder

Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Correcting Powder

3.4

Mica, Boron Nitride, Mineral Oil, Aluminum Distearate, petrolatum, tocopherol, phenoxyethanol. May contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Carmine, Ultramarines.

on 7/27/2016 2:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine

Very good powder. Like the brush that comes with, and use this on the go. Natural and matte and lasts a long time! A favorite in my makeup bag!

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I'm a forty something PPP with rosacea and celiac, so I love Physician's Formula for their gluten-free, non-irritating makeup. This is one of the only Physicians Formula powders that is light enough for me. It's a very pretty setting powder and it doesn't break me out. That's where my love for this ends--it's mostly mica, which irritates my eyes. I wish Physicians Formula would make a mostly talc face powder--it would be less irritating to those of us who are sensitive to mica. For the high mica content, I can't recommend it.

To Read all 91 Reviews, Login or Join

on 2/21/2016 12:13:00 AM

this powder is super chalky, thats all i can say :(

Nope, nope, nope.
I have relatively fair skin (NC15) and this makes me look ashy and dry - even in my combo/oily spots. Doesn't do a great job of setting foundation, either, which I prefer PF's Mineral Wear Pressed Powder for since it gives an airbrushed (versus chalk dust...) finish.

Bottom line - if you bought foundation that's too dark and want to balance it back, this might be a good option. Otherwise, skip and go for something more finely-milled.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

This is a HG product for me. It is the only powder I have found that is light enough to set my undereye concealer without creasing. It is pure white when swatched against my hand, and the best part is that this even looks great in photos!

This comes in a compact, with a mirror and a brush. I do not use the brush, because it's very scratchy against my skin. I like to take my ELF flattop powder brush and press this into my undereye concealer, gives a beautiful "brightening" effect.

I honestly don't know why more people didn't love this; I suppose they didn't know how to properly use this, or they were way darker than me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This powder did not look good on my skin. It did correct the redness slightly, however it brings out lines and blemishes. It also doesn't mix well with the other products i use, it all becomes a messy paste after a few hours.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

**REBUY!! This is awesome! Just finished mine & already have 1 on order from Ulta dot com! I use Creamy Natural. This is my fave pressed powder ultimate awesomeness!! This takes my sallow dull complexion & brightens it up but mattifies it too. The little brush it comes with isn't bad but I usually cast that brush off for something like a blush after I've used up all the product. I've bought this a number of times & always had good results. I love PF but it's price point is a little high for me so I wait until Ulta dot com has a BOGO50 sale like they are doing now then u get the $3.50 off a $10 bucks & if u have points u can cash them in on the website (not the Ulta app the points don't show up on there for some odd reason!). This is matte but not flat. Travels well. I use my elf studio brushes ultimate blending or kabuki to usually put this on. I don't want to waste precious product thou so have to be careful not to get this everywhere. If u apply too much it's easy to whisk some off. I find it appalling to spend more than $10 on any one product but PF I make an exception coz they are so good!!

I really wanted to like this as a corrector alone. HOWEVER, I do get a good use out of this when using it as a highlight (think of the Bare Minerals "well rested" even tho that one can't be beat as a good brightener). But a little goes a long way. Since it is very "Chalky" is why I use it to brighten over my concealer and foundation. It really doesn't do much for correcting anything when used alone (besides making me very very pasty white LOL).

I'm super pale, so it's difficult for me to find powders and foundations that match my skin tone. This is a godsend for me. I can understand the bad reviews from darker/olive-skinned gals; this isn't exactly translucent but an ultra pale powder. I love it.

on 12/26/2014 5:45:00 PM

I love this product! I use it as an all over powder, but I really love to use it as a spot concealing powder. Yellow under my eyes and green on any red spots that need a little hiding. I have hit pan on several of this and would definately buy it again!!