Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Correcting Powder

Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Correcting Powder
Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Correcting Powder

3.4

Mica, Boron Nitride, Mineral Oil, Aluminum Distearate, petrolatum, tocopherol, phenoxyethanol. May contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Carmine, Ultramarines.

This product is great - if you know how to use it. It's highly pigmented and needs only the slightest touch of a makeup brush to the powder in order to pick up product - even after that, I tap off excess. My skin is pretty tan right now - around W4 or even W5 in True Match and NC 30/35 in Mac, and I find that the Natural Beige tone works very well to set my foundation. I use a Real Techniqies brush and just add a tiny amount to sides of nose (using green color), cheeks (pink part) and forehead (yellow/Beige part). I then bronze, highlight, and add blush as usual. Its hard to explain what this powder adds, but it just makes your skin look very smooth with a hint of a blurring effect on whatever your foundation or bb cream didn't cover. It is SO finely milled and pigmented (the green and pink particularly totally swatches a strong pastel color). This is also great for those foundations or bb creams that ozidize a tad. You know what I mean, you love the foundation but just wish it didn't turn a darker shade as the day progresses - this powder can correct this if you dust it lightly on top. I've also used this with just concealer under the eye area, around the nose, and on freckles and then use one of those large powder puff velour things and press this powder into my skin. The pink part looks really good pressed into the cheeks under blush. Gives a glow. I tried using this alone over SPF and it didn't work for me - I really need some sort of concealer, but if you have an even skin tone for the most part and just want to correct and matting your face, wearing this alone should work. All in all, a highly recommended yet misunderstood beauty product that is a hidden gem for sure!

on 1/13/2017 9:34:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

So disappointed - I saw my favorite beauty YouTuber raving about this for pale ladies and I had to try it. I’m so upset it didn’t work for me because the shade Translucent is perfect for very light skin. I LOVED the coverage initially but unfortunately this moved into all my creases by the end of the day. I actually have dry skin but I wear an SPF and by the end of my work day I looked about 10 years older. The ingredients contain mineral oil and petrolatum so this is going to slip around on most. Such a shame as the color is perfect for me which is so rare for me to find. Also it’s around $14 which is expensive for a drugstore powder.

on 7/27/2016 2:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Fine

Very good powder. Like the brush that comes with, and use this on the go. Natural and matte and lasts a long time! A favorite in my makeup bag!

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I'm a forty something PPP with rosacea and celiac, so I love Physician's Formula for their gluten-free, non-irritating makeup. This is one of the only Physicians Formula powders that is light enough for me. It's a very pretty setting powder and it doesn't break me out. That's where my love for this ends--it's mostly mica, which irritates my eyes. I wish Physicians Formula would make a mostly talc face powder--it would be less irritating to those of us who are sensitive to mica. For the high mica content, I can't recommend it.

Nope, nope, nope.
I have relatively fair skin (NC15) and this makes me look ashy and dry - even in my combo/oily spots. Doesn't do a great job of setting foundation, either, which I prefer PF's Mineral Wear Pressed Powder for since it gives an airbrushed (versus chalk dust...) finish.

Bottom line - if you bought foundation that's too dark and want to balance it back, this might be a good option. Otherwise, skip and go for something more finely-milled.

on 2/21/2016 12:13:00 AM

this powder is super chalky, thats all i can say :(

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

**REBUY!! This is awesome! Just finished mine & already have 1 on order from Ulta dot com! I use Creamy Natural. This is my fave pressed powder ultimate awesomeness!! This takes my sallow dull complexion & brightens it up but mattifies it too. The little brush it comes with isn't bad but I usually cast that brush off for something like a blush after I've used up all the product. I've bought this a number of times & always had good results. I love PF but it's price point is a little high for me so I wait until Ulta dot com has a BOGO50 sale like they are doing now then u get the $3.50 off a $10 bucks & if u have points u can cash them in on the website (not the Ulta app the points don't show up on there for some odd reason!). This is matte but not flat. Travels well. I use my elf studio brushes ultimate blending or kabuki to usually put this on. I don't want to waste precious product thou so have to be careful not to get this everywhere. If u apply too much it's easy to whisk some off. I find it appalling to spend more than $10 on any one product but PF I make an exception coz they are so good!!

I really wanted to like this as a corrector alone. HOWEVER, I do get a good use out of this when using it as a highlight (think of the Bare Minerals "well rested" even tho that one can't be beat as a good brightener). But a little goes a long way. Since it is very "Chalky" is why I use it to brighten over my concealer and foundation. It really doesn't do much for correcting anything when used alone (besides making me very very pasty white LOL).

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

This is a HG product for me. It is the only powder I have found that is light enough to set my undereye concealer without creasing. It is pure white when swatched against my hand, and the best part is that this even looks great in photos!

This comes in a compact, with a mirror and a brush. I do not use the brush, because it's very scratchy against my skin. I like to take my ELF flattop powder brush and press this into my undereye concealer, gives a beautiful "brightening" effect.

I honestly don't know why more people didn't love this; I suppose they didn't know how to properly use this, or they were way darker than me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This powder did not look good on my skin. It did correct the redness slightly, however it brings out lines and blemishes. It also doesn't mix well with the other products i use, it all becomes a messy paste after a few hours.