Cover Girl Clean Sensitive Skin

Cover Girl Clean Sensitive Skin
Clean Sensitive SkinClean Sensitive Skin

3.6

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Propylene Glycol, Talc, Glycerin, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Cyclomethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Laureth 7, Arachidyl Behenate, Silica, Trihydroxystearin, Propylparaben, Methicone, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Methylparaben, Synthetic Wax, Trisodium EDTA, Ethylene Brassylate, Stearic Acid, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica

on 2/21/2017 9:42:00 PM

First off this product does not break me out! And I almost always breakout due to foundation. The color was a good match for me and enough variation in colours to switch to when tan in the summer. Bottle is a sturdy glass but could use a pump for more sanitary application. I use my fingers and it leaves a nice matte finish. Use a pressed powder when wanting a bit more matte and longer lasting. Only downside is it is not long lasting, I do tend to get greasy by lunch and is mostly gone by 5pm. Would still repurchase.

on 1/23/2017 7:20:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Inexpensive ($6 at target) liquid foundation for my 12 year old - purchased at her request. Not the greatest product in the world but a good "starter' foundation that matched her skin tone well. Easy to contaminate bottle so use a clean sponge when applying.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I can only get about 4 hours out of this before it starts to separate and break down. It looks smooth and dewy after initial application, but that is about where it ends for me.

on 10/16/2016 12:57:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is for the new and improved formula in the green bottle. I loved the matte look and finish of the Covergirl Ready Set Gorgeous but unfortunately that makes me breakout in little whiteheads that are so sensitive to the touch. Still wanting to stick with Covergirl I went with this one hoping it would be just as good without the sensitivity. It goes on so smooth and covers my redness like a champ. I have super oily skin and even in these Alaska winters I have to use primer, powder and setting spray just for this not to make me look like a greaseball but it is so worth it to be able to wear a foundation that doesn't make me breakout with such sensitivity.

on 9/22/2016 11:31:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

LIke a pervious reviewer, I also have rosacea and dermatitis. I have oliy skin and the roscea and dermtitis creates oily patches. I just started using this and I LOVE it. I use the lighest shade (805 I think). I apply a primer and then smooth this on with my fingers. The product blends beautifully, it covers my red spots but it still looks like skin, it lasts pretty much ALL DAY, it never looks cakey and it controls my out of control oil. My nose in particular gets very oily and I usually have a hard time keeping foundation on my nose. I touch up at lunch time with Rimmel translucent powder, touch up my blush and I look good the rest of the day. I do have to add some Maybelline Superstay concealer to my rosecea red spots but other than that, this foundation provides a very natural looking medium coverage.

I have tried EVERYTHING in the drugstore (I'm a drugstore gal) and also some department store brands, (Estee Lauder, Lancome, MAC), and this is the ONLY foundation I have ever been happy with. I went to CVS last night and bought two more bottles. I keeping my fingers crossed that Cover Girl keeps making this gem for years and years to come.

If you are oily or have rosacea, dermatitis or other skin issues give this inexpensive Cover Girl foundation a shot. You just might be pleasantly suprised as I was. I will buy this again and again and again!

on 2/29/2016 4:30:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

EDIT: Update: 9/2016 - I believe after many requests, CoverGirl has brought back this original clean sensitive foundation. I've seen it in stores, and it's showing up on the CoverGirl website as "new" - so if you have issues with your skin - check this foundation out!

There is an old review for this product that I want to make sure gets linked for information:

I give this mixed reviews, mostly because I think it's a great sensitive skin option - but it is discontinued - so hard to find - but also - it contains Talc, which can agitate some people with sensitive skin. For me, I have to stay away from Talc, so I can't fully recommend this - it also has very, very weak coverage. I have no pimples to cover, just uneven skin tone - and this barely covers even that. So, it's really not the best.

I find PF's cushion foundation way better - and is talc-free. Coverage is amazing.

I have rosacea and dermatitis and this is the only foundation I will ever use. I've been using it for years. It is very lightweight and washes off with water. The more I use it, the less acne I have (as another reviewer also writes). It does something to clear up my skin. It doesn't feel like anything is on the skin. Price is great and can locate at any drugstore.

on 10/23/2012 11:47:00 AM

I bought this in Medium Light for under $7 CDN. I wanted an "everyday" makeup instead of my Armani Lasting Silk Foundation #5, which I love, but at $60+ a bottle I will use it for more special occasions. I am impressed. The MA chose the color, as I was only looking at the first two or three light shades. After I apply I dust with Chanel Poudre Universelle Libre in 20 Clair (which I think is one of the best powders) and the result is a finished, polished look, without any little "sparklies". The finish lasts through the day. The powder adheres to the makeup quite well to produce a matt finish that does not look dry. I see from some reviews of this product that some people have trouble getting the makeup out of the bottle. I had the same problem but solved that by buying a Kryolan metal makeup spatula, 7" ($8.50 at Merle Norman and Studeo FX). The spatula is hygenic and I dip it into the bottle for just the right amount of product, before I would turn the bottle over, shake, and too much would come out. So that is my recommendation, buy a metal spatula to use with the bottle. I have added a photo of the Kryolan spatula above, next to the Cover Girl bottle.

I actually really liked this foundation! Although I got it in Ivory (I am a more light-medium skin tone, it was for a costume) it still matched my skin! It made my unwanted dark spots look invisible, and goes on nicely. I just wish that after I wear it for a day, it stays without looked 'creased' under the eyes, making them look a bit wrinkly. Either than that, it was only 5 dollars at Wal Mart, so it was pretty cheap as well. I'm definitely buying it again (but this time more to my colour)!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

After having a major break out with their tru blend foundation, i decided to go for the one labeled sensitive. It still made me break out, but since i didn't use it much, it didn't have the same effect as the tru blend on me. I don't know if it's cover girl or my skin but every time i try their products on my acne it makes a dry circle around it and won't "cover" it up. I chose my shade according to what i was matched in their website but the shade was too pink. The coverage is light, when you try to build it, it looks cakey.