3.6

package quality

price range

Reviews

9 years ago

I bought this for the first time in years (I used to use the old version back when I was in high school 12 years ago). I am very pleased! I used the color matching feature on Cover Girl's website to find a comparable color to the (expensive) Clinique foundation I had been using. The color it recommended was not the one I would've chosen on my own, but it was a perfect match! This foundation is a pretty sheer coverage, which is what I was looking for. It blends quite well and the Sensitive formula doesn't irritate my skin at all (other foundations sometimes do). I would recommend this!

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBrunette

10 years ago

Let me start with the bad points. The glass bottle is ridiculous because the liquid is quite thick, so it is very difficult to get it out of the bottle. It would have been better to use a plastic squeeze type bottle instead. CG have used those with other foundations. I purchased Creamy Natural and did expect the coverage to be medium due to the thickness of the liquid. However, the coverage is light but buildable. I applied it over a moisturiser base, so I am not sure how it would have applied over a primer. The look is very natural and pretty. My skin looks dewy and soft with this foundation. CG tends to do very good foundations and mascaras and they have not let me down with this product.

About reviewer (61 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

10 years ago

I'm going to have to say that this is probably one of my favourite drugstore foundations. My shade is Classic Ivory and it matches perfectly. As far as the coverage goes, it gives me medium coverage but it is very build-able without feeling heavy on your skin. I might feel a little dewy but that's only when you first apply it. The only bad thing about it is the packaging but other than that I would totally buy this product again.

About reviewer (16 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlond, Other, Other

10 years ago

I am currently using this product because the shade matches my skin perfectly. I have very sensitive acne-prone skin, and I really think that this foundation is improving my skin little by little. I have noticed a reduction in redness and in acne. However I am trying other completely new facial products as well so I don't know if it is something else that is making my skin better or not. I will say that It is definitely not making it worse though, and so that is a plus. Also it's really cheap. The product could be packaged better, sometimes I have some trouble getting the makeup out since there is no pump.

About reviewer (9 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair

HairBlond

10 years ago

It actually had my olive skin tone, which many liquid foundation companies don't. It worked well for me, and is fairly cheap. It doesn't have a scent, and doesn't cause breakouts. It does what it claims to do.

About reviewer (14 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

EyesBrown

2.0

10 years ago

The only pro for this product is the bottle; it is pretty other than that I can't say much. The foundations is very hard to get out of the bottle therefore this is only getting a 2 star rating. I would not buy this again. (bought this at Dollar General for $5.00).

About reviewer (145 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

10 years ago

Meh. That's the best way for me to describe this foundation. It has pros and cons, but I'd say that in the end, the cons outweigh the pros. On the pro side, this makeup is lightweight, doesn't look or feel cakey, and matches my skin tone well. That is a hard feat to achieve. Often, the palest foundations are still a little too dark (or perhaps just a little too yellow) for me, but the lightest shade is a dead ringer for my skin. It was also extremely cheap. I got it on sale at Rite Aid for $3.99, so I couldn't really pass it up. On the con side, this doesn't last very long and doesn't cover very well. The packaging is really irritating as well. For being a lightweight formula, it's fairly thick and it's really difficult to get it out of the bottle. I'll wear this in the summertime when I want something light, or when I don't have many blemishes, but I wouldn't repurchase this. I think Maybelline Pure Makeup is a much better lightweight drugstore brand makeup.

About reviewer (14 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Other, Other

EyesHazel

from

10 years ago

I bought this product because I have sensitive skin and it is a really nice foundation...that being said if you have any skin problems like me (i.e. acne, acne scars, larger pores, redness) you'll probably needs something with better coverage and longer lasting. If you have no major skin problems this is a nice foundation, no scent and it's cheap.

About reviewer (11 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

EyesGreen

10 years ago

I really wanted to like this product! I'm on a regimen from my dermatologist to clear my skin up, and it makes my skin really sensitive, so I thought that this foundation would be perfect! I've used cover girl foundations before, and they were always a bit dark, but this one looked a lot lighter! Well, it is lighter than the other clean makeup foundations, but it oxidizes and turns darker within a few hours. It's a bit oily too, so you have to keep powder on hand. I think it might have broke me out a little. Just a few red bumps, but more than I've broke out since I started the regimen from my derm. I don't hate it. But I don't love it. If you have darker, dry, and non-acne prone skin it may work better for you.

About reviewer (84 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool

HairRed, Curly, Medium

10 years ago

My original review was 4/23/10. It is now 11/6/11 and I am updating my review. My skin does not react well with drugstore foundations. Many tend to look cakey even if I don't cake them on. This foundation is not an exception to this. It caked and looked like foundation sitting on top of my skin. Then there's the color. A lot of drugstore foundations are geared towards pink undertones. I do not have any pink undertones as my skin is olive and I have yellow undertones. Then there's coverage. This is not a tinted moisturizer and it does not provide moisture at all. The coverage is lacking for a foundation and is very light (you might get medium if you apply this heavily but then it cakes). So you will have to use a concealer with this. I do have sensitive acne-prone skin though and this did not break me out. I think that's the most positive thing I could say about this "foundation". Overall this would work best for the younger crowd (preteens & teens) and adults who have pretty clear skin that don't need a lot of coverage.

About reviewer (739 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm