Chagrin Valley Shower Body Butter Bar

Chagrin Valley Shower Body Butter Bar

3.3

Not tested on animals

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I bought this to help my dry, itchy winter skin. I loved the fact that it all these butters that are said to help dry skin. When I went to use it in the shower I was very disapointed. I went to apply it to my skin and it never seemed to melt into my skin. My skin felt coated and smoothered with a strange residue. When my skin dried it felt irritated and was much drier than usual. Will not repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I am a huge fan of Chagrin Valley, but I thought this was just ok. It does moisturize my skin, but I still had scales on my legs after using it. Plus, it melts extremely quickly. I could go through one of these suckers in a week. $13 a week can add up pretty quickly. I just feel like there are more effective and cheaper alternatives out there.

on 3/28/2010 2:36:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Love me some body butter! Okay, yes, it's just a solid version of body butters, but it makes my skin feel so awesome! I find it less messy and sticky than using a body oil on wet skin. It's also airplane-friendly, unlike all liquid body creams and such. Thus far, I've only used the Mando Multi bar in Serenity Grove scent, but I plan to order more. My skin is sensitive and gets dry and flaky when angry, and I am finding this bar a nice way to appease my skin. Just a few seconds to rub the bar all over my body, and I have no need for moisturizer. All body oils and moisturizers and such that I've tried are more time consuming. In contrast to the first reviewer, I do not find this product sticky at all. My only complain is that it is rather expensive considering how quickly I will go through it. Highly recommend (tip: a cheap way to test this product is to order the unscented bath melts sample - this is the same product, just in bar form, that Ida made when people requested it).

Popular Bath Treatments