Chagrin Valley Shower Body Butter Bar

2.5

Not tested on animals

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I purchased the Vanilla, Citrus and Cocoa Shea varieties of this bar. They all smell great. I was looking for something quick to run over my skin after the shower. I was hoping to use this step to skip lotioning my body. Unfortunately, the bars drag on the skin and make it difficult to apply. I wish the bars were creamier and smoother like Lush's King of Skin. I can still use the bars but will not repurchase.

on 1/10/2010 4:32:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

This is basically a solid form of butters, applied to warm skin in the shower after cleansing. Anywhere you put it is going to feel moisturized, so if you can't stand leaving the shower with dry skin this would be good, but I didn't like that my skin felt sticky where I used it. At $13 per bar, it's also an expensive way to moisturize, I would rather buy the butters and use after drying off my skin, they sink in better that way. I think this would be good for dry skin, especially if you have eczema and aren't allergic to any of the ingredients. Available scented & unscented. i tried the unscented version.

After trying a few products, my favorite Chagrin Valley soap is the still the Calendula Castile soap.

Popular Bath Treatments