Chagrin Valley Shower Body Butter Bar

Chagrin Valley Shower Body Butter Bar

3.0

Not tested on animals

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I bought this to help my dry, itchy winter skin. I loved the fact that it all these butters that are said to help dry skin. When I went to use it in the shower I was very disapointed. I went to apply it to my skin and it never seemed to melt into my skin. My skin felt coated and smoothered with a strange residue. When my skin dried it felt irritated and was much drier than usual. Will not repurchase.

on 3/28/2010 2:36:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Love me some body butter! Okay, yes, it's just a solid version of body butters, but it makes my skin feel so awesome! I find it less messy and sticky than using a body oil on wet skin. It's also airplane-friendly, unlike all liquid body creams and such. Thus far, I've only used the Mando Multi bar in Serenity Grove scent, but I plan to order more. My skin is sensitive and gets dry and flaky when angry, and I am finding this bar a nice way to appease my skin. Just a few seconds to rub the bar all over my body, and I have no need for moisturizer. All body oils and moisturizers and such that I've tried are more time consuming. In contrast to the first reviewer, I do not find this product sticky at all. My only complain is that it is rather expensive considering how quickly I will go through it. Highly recommend (tip: a cheap way to test this product is to order the unscented bath melts sample - this is the same product, just in bar form, that Ida made when people requested it).

on 1/10/2010 4:32:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

This is basically a solid form of butters, applied to warm skin in the shower after cleansing. Anywhere you put it is going to feel moisturized, so if you can't stand leaving the shower with dry skin this would be good, but I didn't like that my skin felt sticky where I used it. At $13 per bar, it's also an expensive way to moisturize, I would rather buy the butters and use after drying off my skin, they sink in better that way. I think this would be good for dry skin, especially if you have eczema and aren't allergic to any of the ingredients. Available scented & unscented. i tried the unscented version.

After trying a few products, my favorite Chagrin Valley soap is the still the Calendula Castile soap.

Popular Bath Treatments