3.8

package quality

price range

Reviews

6 months ago

I have the shade 'In love with Ginger.' This to me is a great dupe for MAC's lady danger. Slightly less neon with gorgeously glossy comfortable pigmentation. I actually prefer this to lady danger as sometimes a matte neon can look chalky. The colour is an orange red, perfect for a day like today, when the dreary rain and wind make you feel gloomy. I think it will suit alot of skin tones, but will look particularly striking on olive complexions. I'm NC35 for reference. The colour of this lipstick is more orange than Revlon's iconic red lipstick - Fire and ice. I love to wear red lipstick everyday and a colour like this can put a spring in your step and helps make you smile alot more. Just a word of warning people like to stare when you wear a shade like this. So be prepared for wandering glances. It's rare for a creamy, glossy lipstick like this to be so pigmented but it is and will leave behind a heavy, pretty stain once the glossy finish has worn down. I wear mine +12 hours and it stays on all day and night. My husband likes orange reds on me. So it's nice to whip this out sometimes, when you need a new pair of shoes. Just kidding. I love the purple packaging. Everytime I see it in my makeup bag it puts a smile on my face. I love the distinctive old fashioned scent which may be bothersome to people, but I think that's part of the lipstick wearing experience. I also have the shade Mayfair red lady equally as pretty, which I've left a review for. I'll be wearing both of these all autumn and winter.

About reviewer (26 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinNormal, Tan, Warm

HairBlack, Wavy, Fine

a year ago

I love the new packaging. The strong jasmine scent still remains tho. That's ok for me. I got the shade Notting Hill Nude No 720. This was reputed dupe for CT Very Victoria. I paired this with Rimmel East End Snob lip liner and loved it. The lipstick is long lasting perhaps cos its sticky formula. For ref I'm NC 37 and I can pull this off. I`m happy with the product and will def try other shades in the range. The price is crazy cheap but then wait for a sale. Then it`s a steal! Recommend ? Yes buy

About reviewer (284 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

2 years ago

Rimmel Moisture Renew Diva Red or Red Alert has been my choice red lipstick for several years now. I've gotten compliments on the color, many have thought I was wearing a higher-end brand. I find the color and texture to be of such quality that it completes my make-up routine, and can stand alone on those days when I only have time for lipstick! I find that the Diva color, a deep red, looks best on my pale winter skin. I tend to get a slight tan in the summer, at which time I prefer the bright Red Alert shade. I often have dry, chapped lips and the moisture in this product definitely helps to soothe. The best part is that the first coat stays for about five hours, despite eating and drinking.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

1.0

2 years ago

For me, the perfect lipstick formula has to strike the right balance- not too moisturizing/slippery, and not too drying and uncomfortable. I want a bullet lipstick to easily glide on, provide great colour opacity, feel good on the lips, but also feel safe and secure that they won't smudge and smear. Well, Rimmel did NOT hit that sweet spot for me with this line. This is way way too far on the slippery, overly emollient shade for me to feel comfortable wearing out and about. It's one of those lipsticks you have to "babysit"- constantly checking in a little mirror to make sure you aren't embarrassing yourself with a big lipstick smear. This might be a bit better in a more nude, light shade- but I purchased 'As You Want Victoria'- an absolutely GORGEOUS brightened, medium-deep, cool pink shade. The colour itself is so flattering and pretty, and it's extremely pigmented and easily glides across your lips. I thought about giving this 2 stars since at least the pigmentation was on point, but honestly.. when a slippery, slidey lipstick is super pigmented, that actually detracts from the wearability of the product, rather than adds to it. Nowadays there are lots of beautiful lipstick formulas at the drugstore, including from Rimmel's own brand. Give this one a skip. TL;DR: Moisture is good, but rimmel overdid it! Just too emollient

About reviewer (124 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Other, Other

2 years ago

Really moisturising, very pigmented lipstick, quite comfortable to wear. Good for us dry-lip-ladies. I have Notting Hill Nude, which is a lovely brown nude that looks even more brown on me (everything does). Because it is so moisturising and soft, it comes off very easily. You'll be reapplying this if you touch anything with your lips. So, trade-off. It has a sunscreen-y scent, which fades but is still detectable, so definitely don't buy if you don't like the smell of sunscreen. EDIT: This shade, Notting Hill Nude, is the same shade as the Kate Moss Lasting Finish Anniversary in My Nude/55, but is more slide-y.

About reviewer (52 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinOily, Olive, Neutral

HairBlack, Wavy, Fine

3 years ago

I have 3 of this range in new packaging, I have to say I love the cream finish more than frost one, the shade Notting Hill nude is one of my favourite nude, it is so creamy, easy to apply. please do more cream finish in this range

About reviewer (123 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

EyesBlack

3 years ago

I've always thought highly of Rimmel's lipsticks, as far as drugstore brands go. Today, I picked up one of these in the shade 450 "Berry Rich". It's a gorgeous, sophisticated, dark nude-y pink and it was perfect for an Autumn/Winter makeup look. The pigmentation is great. The formula is also very creamy and it was not too drying. Staying power is average for a drugstore purchase, I'd say. The only thing is, the scent of this lipstick smells exactly like Play-Do, at least for me personally. It's so identical, it's freaking me out a little bit. The scent doesn't linger though, so I'm ultimately fine with it. I prefer the clean, solid packaging of the Kate lipsticks over the packaging for this one, which is similar to Maybelline's ColorSensational with its chunky plastic top. I just find that it looks incredibly cheap, and the plastic isn't exactly a nice colour either. Of course, minor details that don't actually take too much away from an overall very decent drugstore lipstick!

About reviewer (12 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

4 years ago

I have two of these: diva red and tower of mauve. Love them both! Great pigmentation and staying power. Super moisturizing but not slimy and they stay on for hours without reapplying. I don't love the scent but it wears off pretty fast. I want more in this line. Awesome drugstore product!

About reviewer (136 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

5 years ago

Good lipsticks! I bought two of these (Pink Chic and Rose Blush) back in the older packaging and formula. About a week ago I purchased two more (In Love With Ginger and Summer Angel) in their new packaging and formula. The formula feels slightly different. The new ones feel thinner and more lightweight. Also, the older ones had SPF 18 in them and I wish they brought that back! I thought that was a great addition. I wonder why they took that benefit out? Anyway, these are very pigmented, smooth, creamy, lightweight, pretty moisturizing, and last decently. They have great colors and a nice color selection as well. In Love With Ginger is my favorite. Although, they are too creamy for my liking and slip around on my lips. They can bleed and feather a bit because of how creamy they are. I can't get over the smell! I love it haha. I can see how some people can find it overpowering. It smells like sunscreen, baby powder, or fabric softener. Overall, I like these. Not crazy over these but not disappointed. I say try a couple of the brighter colors, as they are so vivid. :D

About reviewer (55 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesBlue

5 years ago

Love,Love,Love it. It is the only one that completely doesn't chap my lips. Others leave my lips very sore, some more than others. I also like the fact there is still some stain and color on your lips after eating. Not much, but some and some is more than others. The price is inexpensive too. I got it at Walmart in the "Berry Rich Color". Looks rich and luscious on your lips.

About reviewer (37 reviews)

Age56 & Over