Salon Sciences Instant Artificals : Protect

Salon Sciences Instant Artificals : Protect

4.6

Salon Sciences Instant Artificials Ingredients: Butyl acetate, ethyl acetate, nitrocellulose, phthalic anhydride/trimellitic anhydride/ glycols copolymer, acetyl tributyl citrate, acrylates copolymer, stearalkonium hectorite, camphor, etocrylene, hydrolyzed keratin, calcium pantothenate, red 6 (ci15850), violet 2 (ci 60725).

on 6/24/2016 8:51:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I was clearing out my closet and found an old bag of nail polishes and lo & behold, here was my Instant Artificials. I don't know why I stopped using it, but was so glad to see it again. I had totally forgotten how great it is. I've been struggling with my nails for a couple years due to damage from chemotherapy. I've tried the biotin thing and it really did nothing for me. I've been using a variety of polishes. Most only remain on my nails for 2 days and then start chipping or shrinking. I did my first base coat with the Instant Artificials, then 2 color coats, then my favorite of all time China Glaze Fast Forward Top Coat which dries up to 7 layers of polish or product in 5 minutes, at least for me. I am now on day 5, no chips, no shrinking. This is why I loved and have renewed my love affair with Instant Artificials.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This is my favorite item sold @ Sally's. However, it is a pain trying to find it. For one, no other store sells it near me. Secondly, it is ALWAYS sold out at Sally's. I went into Sally's a few months ago and the entire brand was removed from the self. Bummed out but went on to try other brands with mediocre results. I recently went back to Sally's and low and behold, it is back however the brand got new packaging and the bottles are smaller and a different shape. I almost looked right past it. My nails were always extremely thin and weak. If I go clothes shopping and grab things to try on, most of my nails are split and ruined by the end of my trip. Zipping up things, nails split. Cooking, nails split. Putting on my coat, nails split. I eat healthy so I don't know what the issue is. I was taking Biotin for some time and my nails were actually growing to the point where I had to file them down! However, my skin was looking horrible on it. Every time I start a biotin program, I break out all over my face. Back to Instant Artificials. My right index nail was so short, no tip edge and shorter than the edge of my nail bed. It split so bad that I had to file it down to where the split ended. After two days of wearing IA, the nail is already at the end of my nail bed. It is the only thing that works on my nails. The only issue is that it is temporary. It doesn't work unless you are wearing it. My problem with this is that I hate using it as a polish base because it makes my polish chip extremely fast and it doesn't allow polish to lay evenly on the nail. IA has a very thick high shine finish. It is, for lack of better words, too slippery for polish application. But, I can't go without this stuff. It is a miracle worker. Also, this is so cheap! It sells for around six bucks but it is on sale for two and change.

on 2/12/2015 7:28:00 AM

Don't spend $30+ on Perfect Formula Gel Coat, this stuff costs about $8 and it does the job and does it well! Two fast drying coats lasts all week until you take it off with regular nail polish remover. I've used a coat of Salon Sciences Instant Artificials, a coat of colored polish, and finished up with topcoat of Instant Artificials and the polish lasts all week without chipping or peeling.

on 2/20/2014 6:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

It just doesn't make my nails as strong as artificial, not by a long shot, heck.... not even close. I really did not see any dramatic improvement.

However, it is useful enough as a top coat, because when used as a bottom as instructed it dried out my nail beds unforgivably.

on 12/16/2013 3:20:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This stuff is great at making my nails as strong as fake nails. It's sold at Sally's and is worth a try for weak nails.

I have been on the search for something that would help my poor nails. They're weak, peeling, and constantly get roughed up at work. I absolutely love this treatment. I've tried a lot of top coats, base coats, and treatments. Seche Vite, Gelous, OPI Nail Envy, and a few other brands carried by Sally Beauty have all been misses with my finicky nails. This as part of my current manicure method is great. I use it primarily as a top coat when I use color. Most nail polish only lasts a day before chipping (sometimes a few hours), and then the peeling starts, and it's downhill from there. I do still have to touch up for tip wear, but at least it's now only every couple of days rather than every day. I wasn't as happy with it on its own, but over color it's fantastic. My usual manicure is two coats of Nail Life Nail Revitalizer, 1-2 coats polish (Zoya has lasted the longest so far), and then 1-2 coats of the Instant Artificials. With tip touch ups, I can usually make the manicure last a week and a half to 2 weeks before I switch colors. My nails are hard and strong, and the peeling is starting to get better because the problem areas are growing out because they're not constantly being aggravated. I bought both Instant Artificials and the Nail Revitalizer from Sally Beauty.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Too thick, and yes it makes your nails strong...while it's on. My nails seem just as brittle as before. It is expensive for what it does.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Finally, a product that does what it says it will do and then some.
It is a great hardener and protector. It keeps my thin, weak nails from breaking and it's the only way I can grow them long. It also does protect your polish from chipping.
I use it as a base coat before my other polish, then also use it as a top coat.
It does take a bit more drying time if I use it both as base and top, but if I allow sufficient drying time in between, it's fine. I have tried many other nail strengtheners / hardeners (Orly Protect, Sally Hansen, Seche) and this is by far the best. Read about it on the MUA nail board.
I am so grateful! I get this at Sally Beauty supply.

on 3/27/2013 9:08:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought this after reading the reviews on MUA, I LOVE this product. I have thin brittle peeling nails that break easily, I have nails that polish stays on about 24 hrs (if I'm Lucky) before it peels off or chips. I've tried CND Shellac -absolutely destroyed my nails-made them more brittle and peeling. Plus the Shellac started to peel off after the 2nd application continued to wlorsen with each app. I've tried OPI Gel-not as hard on my nails but peeled off also. Long story short, THIS product has made my nails GROW-no chips, no peeling AND IT STAYS ON FOR 5 days!! WHich for me is AWESOME since I'm a nurse and have my hands in water, Alcohol etc. I've tried OPI Nail Envy-peeled off first day and that was applied at a Salon, Nailtiques which worked for 2 weeks then it started peeling off, Lippmann Hard Rock peeled off 2nd day, NailTek 2 Hydration which peeled off after 3 days. This is my HG!!! I use The Bonding Basecoat with it. I put base coat then 2 coats IA and then another coat of base coat. So far this has worked the best, no chipping and no peeling of polish and I dont wear gloves when I do dishes and like I said, I'm a nurse. So happy with this product, and I've invested about $80 in OTHER products that don't work. This was totally affordable to me and the basecoat was about $8, so about $16 for the both which is TOTALLY WORTH IT!!

on 1/14/2013 7:03:00 PM

Love the product. Does wonders for my nails. No splits, no chips. Fantastic. Ran out a while ago and have searched high and low for it, my regular company did not have it. After some Googling I finally found it at Nancy K Brown Aesthetics. Guess what - they sell the entire Salon Sciences line of nail products. Thought I share this for all you gals having trouble getting it.

Popular Treatments