E.L.F. Cream Eyeliner - All Colors

3.8

Price: $

Price: $

Isododecane, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Polybutene, Polyethylene, Barium Sulfate, Cyclomethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Propylene Carbonate, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI77891), Red No.40 Lake (CI 16035), Mica (CI 77019), Blue No.1 Lake (CI 42090), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Ultramarine Violet (CI77077).

This is great. Easy to apply and chelip. I did however use a different eyeliner brush, a homeade one. If you want to save money, look up how to make your own. Mine works even better than a store bought one.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I've had mine for more than a year now, and it's still usable - just keep swirling your brush in it in order for the cream liner to melt. The reason why I still have this is because I don't really reach out for gel liners as much because I prefer eyeliner pens since it is much faster and easier for me. This is also best used with a very precise eyeliner brush = it makes cream liner pigmented enough on application. I use the Essence precise eyeliner brush, it's so cheap yet it works so amazingly! I have oily skin and I find that this does lasts on me all day, just don't rub your eyelids of course. What I don't like is the tagging feeling during application but I don't really mind it that much, as long as I can make it work then it's good enough for me! Plus this one is so cheap. I'm not really sure if I'm gonna buy this once I run out, because again, I prefer eyeliner pens over this, but if you're on a budget then I can definitely recommend this to you just keep in mind to buy a really precise eyeliner brush if you really want to make this work. If I were to choose between maybelline eyeliner or this one, I'd definitely prefer this more. First, it's cheaper and second, ELF IS CRUELTY FREE!!!! And hey, this one is very matte and it has more products in it compared to eyeliner pens and liquid eyeliners so that's a plus!

I was disappointed in this liner. I find it to have a hard texture and not very pigmented. I found this to be the same in black, brown and blue (often different shades perform differently). It was difficult to apply as it was so thick, I couldn't get it on evenly. The brush is also awful, it is too stick unless you want the eyeliner to be eyeshadow. If this works for you, Elf makes some eyeliner brushes that are so much better.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I am reviewing the black shade! This is an amazing eyeliner. It stays on the eye throughout the day, it it definitely is water-resistant. It took some good scrubbing to get it off! A little goes a long way with this and the brush it comes with is actually quite nice considering it as an "add-on". This product is a must!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

E.L.F. is truly one of my favorite brands. I appreciate that they offer inexpensive makeup and brushes that is usually quite good, and I also appreciate that it's cruelty free.

Unfortunately, every now and then they have a dud. And this one is a dud.

It's neither as black or as waterproof as the eyeliner I was hoping that this one would replace. It smudges at the slightest provocation, and is more like a dingy grey than black. I'm very disappointed. I feel that it would have been better if they focused on their formulas and less on presentation. The tiny jar that the eyeliner comes in is far nicer than the eyeliner it contains.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this product in black. I was not impressed with the formula because I have been spoiled by better gel liners by MAC and Bobbi Brown. Once applied, the E.L.F gel liner performed just as great as higher priced versions on my lids. It did not smudge, fade, or flake; and it lasted all day. The reason I was not impressed with it is because it seemed a little bit "hard" in the pot. I found myself having to keep stroking my slanted eyeliner brush into the pot in order to pick up the product. I prefer a gel liner that is a little bit creamier in texture, but just as pigmented. The E.L.F gel liner has plenty of pigmentation, it is just too hard for my taste in a gel product. I wound up throwing it out after a week and will not repurchase.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

(Reviewing black cream eyeliner). This eyeliner is a sort of mixed bag, but it's probably the best cream eyeliner in it's price range. I use the brush they give along with it.

First of all some advice: you don't really need to heat it up, but once the brush starts leaving scrapes in the cream you sort of need to even it out again so it doesn't clump on the brush.
Also, for a more precise application, use a wet tissue or something to press the brush tip into a smaller point. Don't use micellar water or face cleanser, for obvious reasons.
I probably wouldn't use this to tightline, as when it's wet it gets pretty runny.

On that note, the longevity is not exactly the best. It improves with a good primer but probably don't use this near your eye crease as it'll start to collect there which is not ideal.
Other than that, given that it's a dry day, it's a good eyeliner. It's creamy and soft enough that you don't have to heat it to use it, and doesn't tend to clump together on your skin. The color lasts pretty long, and the brush allows a great deal of precision.

So for the price it is, it's fantastic, but if you have deep set or hooded eyes, you'll have better luck with something a little more waterproof.

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I am reviewing the shade “coffee”
This eyeliner is a lot more creamy and soft than I would usually like. I do like to use this when I want a softer eye look as opposed to always using black eyeliner. The color isn’t as dark of brown that I was looking for but I set it with a darker brown eyeshadow (tripe fudge from the too faced chocolate bar).

When applying it it is very creamy and I feel like it just smears around on my eye since because its so soft. I’ve decided to just leave the container open so that the product will dry out. For me that makes it easier to apply.

I don’t have any issue with longevity for me it lasts all day.
I would like to find a creme liner that is a deep chocolate/fudge color (like the eyeshadow I set it with), so I don’t think I will be purchasing this again.

Not worth buying, despite low price. I thought this applied smoothly but had very little color payoff and smudged immediately and continued to smudge as the day went on. By midday most of it was worn off and I would have been better served by just not using it that morning at all. Other good drugstore creme liners for a slightly higher price are available that are WAY better

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

To be honest, I really don't like this product. I liked it at first, but now I don't like it no more. When I apply it, it cracks and flakes within the second it dries. And I really hate that. It's not that black too . it would rub off and smudge if you have really oily eyelid like mine. I really don't recommend this product .