E.L.F. Cream Eyeliner - All Colors

3.8

Price: $

Price: $

Isododecane, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Polybutene, Polyethylene, Barium Sulfate, Cyclomethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Propylene Carbonate, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI77891), Red No.40 Lake (CI 16035), Mica (CI 77019), Blue No.1 Lake (CI 42090), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Ultramarine Violet (CI77077).

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

E.L.F. is truly one of my favorite brands. I appreciate that they offer inexpensive makeup and brushes that is usually quite good, and I also appreciate that it's cruelty free.

Unfortunately, every now and then they have a dud. And this one is a dud.

It's neither as black or as waterproof as the eyeliner I was hoping that this one would replace. It smudges at the slightest provocation, and is more like a dingy grey than black. I'm very disappointed. I feel that it would have been better if they focused on their formulas and less on presentation. The tiny jar that the eyeliner comes in is far nicer than the eyeliner it contains.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this product in black. I was not impressed with the formula because I have been spoiled by better gel liners by MAC and Bobbi Brown. Once applied, the E.L.F gel liner performed just as great as higher priced versions on my lids. It did not smudge, fade, or flake; and it lasted all day. The reason I was not impressed with it is because it seemed a little bit "hard" in the pot. I found myself having to keep stroking my slanted eyeliner brush into the pot in order to pick up the product. I prefer a gel liner that is a little bit creamier in texture, but just as pigmented. The E.L.F gel liner has plenty of pigmentation, it is just too hard for my taste in a gel product. I wound up throwing it out after a week and will not repurchase.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

(Reviewing black cream eyeliner). This eyeliner is a sort of mixed bag, but it's probably the best cream eyeliner in it's price range. I use the brush they give along with it.

First of all some advice: you don't really need to heat it up, but once the brush starts leaving scrapes in the cream you sort of need to even it out again so it doesn't clump on the brush.
Also, for a more precise application, use a wet tissue or something to press the brush tip into a smaller point. Don't use micellar water or face cleanser, for obvious reasons.
I probably wouldn't use this to tightline, as when it's wet it gets pretty runny.

On that note, the longevity is not exactly the best. It improves with a good primer but probably don't use this near your eye crease as it'll start to collect there which is not ideal.
Other than that, given that it's a dry day, it's a good eyeliner. It's creamy and soft enough that you don't have to heat it to use it, and doesn't tend to clump together on your skin. The color lasts pretty long, and the brush allows a great deal of precision.

So for the price it is, it's fantastic, but if you have deep set or hooded eyes, you'll have better luck with something a little more waterproof.

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I am reviewing the shade “coffee”
This eyeliner is a lot more creamy and soft than I would usually like. I do like to use this when I want a softer eye look as opposed to always using black eyeliner. The color isn’t as dark of brown that I was looking for but I set it with a darker brown eyeshadow (tripe fudge from the too faced chocolate bar).

When applying it it is very creamy and I feel like it just smears around on my eye since because its so soft. I’ve decided to just leave the container open so that the product will dry out. For me that makes it easier to apply.

I don’t have any issue with longevity for me it lasts all day.
I would like to find a creme liner that is a deep chocolate/fudge color (like the eyeshadow I set it with), so I don’t think I will be purchasing this again.

Not worth buying, despite low price. I thought this applied smoothly but had very little color payoff and smudged immediately and continued to smudge as the day went on. By midday most of it was worn off and I would have been better served by just not using it that morning at all. Other good drugstore creme liners for a slightly higher price are available that are WAY better

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

To be honest, I really don't like this product. I liked it at first, but now I don't like it no more. When I apply it, it cracks and flakes within the second it dries. And I really hate that. It's not that black too . it would rub off and smudge if you have really oily eyelid like mine. I really don't recommend this product .

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have this in black, and I'm thoroughly enjoying this cream eyeliner! It's not waterproof, but it's pretty long-lasting in terms of non waterproof eyeliners. Best of all, it doesn't irritate my sensitive eyes and the skin at the corner of my eye like so many other eyeliners do. It's not completely smudge proof, but for normal, everyday wear it works well for me. It performs the best when applied on top of eyeshadow, but that's because I have very oily lids. When I want it to last even better I set it with a black eyeshadow, which helps. I've had it for quite a while and I used it only occasionally in the beginning, but it's not shown any signs of drying up so far. The formula is opaque, glides on well and dries relatively matte.This eyeliner is so affordable, and I'd love to try more colours. Not to mention that it's cruelty free! Love this product, it's very close to getting 5 lippies, but for that I would've liked the staying power to be even better.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I recently repurchased these liners in Black and Coffee. I am not sure what the deal is, but the consistency of the new liners is terrible compared to the original batch I had a few years ago. Too thin, requiring more than one layer, which then transfers into the crease and smudges off within a few hours. very disappointed.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I own the black version of the E.L.F. Cream Eyeliner. I usually wear my eyeliner all day - based on my experience it smudges easily throughout the day from morning to evening. Not very pigmented as I hope it to be yet it's dark enough for me to make my wings. Overall I think the quality of this cream eyeliner is pretty decent for what its worth - definitely would only buy this as a last resort as a penny pincher.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I have this in plum purple, and let me just say that this color is absolutely stunning. It is so gorgeous, so deeply plum that it looks way more expensive than it is.

But sadly, it is nothing more than a hard clump in the container that comes out easily if I flip it upside down. And I've barely used it! How sad. :(

I'm seriously tempted to purchase another one, in the hopes that it was just a fluke.