Daiso Charcoal Mask

3.5

Water, polyvinyl alcohol, alcohol, charcoal powder, magnesium aluminum silicate, microcrystalline cellulose, PEG-60 hydrogenated castor oil, methylparaben , cellulose gum, xanthan gum, butylparaben, disodium edta, fragrance, morus alba bark extract, coix lacryma jobi ma yuen seed extract

I really love this mask. I bought it on a whim and I have really enjoyed it. It's easy to apply (just a little messy). I really rub it into my pores and then I put a thick layer on top of it. Doesn't take long to dry (about 30 mins). I never do a full face. Or around my hair line. It is pretty painful to pull off around the hair. I just use it on my problem areas (nose, chin and cheeks). It's worked well and I plan to buy more when I run out.

I wouldn't really use this for serious skincare but this stuff is fun. It takes a while to dry though so make sure to put on as thin of a layer as possible if you don't want to be sitting there for an hour with charcoal on your face. I love peeling it off; it's just somehow so satisfying but I don't think it actually does much. Sometimes it even hurts a little bit. If your face gets red or irritated easily this is not the thing for you.

Also, do not headbang to music while wearing this. My friend made this mistake when he tried this for the first time and got his hair in the mask. I thought this would be a given but sometimes you just can't resist rocking out, I guess!

Good but not for sensitive skin

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

This stuff is pretty awful. I thought I'd stick with it for a bit and not give up after the first week like I usually do. So I continued for about 5 weeks and honestly it is terrible stuff.
You have to apply a REALLY thick layer and then it takes soooo long to dry, and then after all that time the only thing that it has actually removed is flaky skin, and maybe 2 blackheads. Afterwards my skin is left with a bad rash which is still visible for a few hours. Waste of time and money!!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this product in DAISO and tried the day I got home. It is so nice, you do have to put on a thick layer, I just put it on my nose and it took off all the blackheads and dead skin. It didn't hurt at all to peel off. I love this product. Only 1.50$ for so much product great deal!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I was looking for effective ways to extract blackheads and I saw someone on YouTube saying this is the best. I bought a tube from eBay and tried it. It did pull stuff off my face, but that was mostly skin flakes :( There was something that resembled blackheads, only one or two. It is hard to apply. You have to be willing to put thick layers on. It felt super sticky as you apply and take a while to dry. Maybe I wasn't good at applying, but the mask never dried evenly for me. The area around the nose didn't dry but the rest of the face started to hurt. It is super painful to peel off. I teared up every time. You have to move your face a lot to create an opening so you can peel the thing off. Some times I couldn't find an opening and I just use my nail to scrap at the edge. Other peel off masks I tried never had this problem.
The worst part is the result. It didn't get rid of the most obvious blackheads on my nose. My skin became super dry and would peel for the next week or so. It wasn't worth the pain and the irritation.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I've bought this time and time again and it is the BEST Face peel/exfoliator and leaves me with baby soft skin. I use it about once a week and it removes all my whiteheads around my nose and chin. Miracle product. Not suitable for sensitive skin though and it does hurt to remove but the results are worth it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

The one I bought is white. It sets (eventually) like latex and it kind of pills off your face. I can't work this at all.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I can't get this mask to work. It just doesn't pull out anything. I end up using pore strip afterwards and my blackheads and whiteheads came out on the strip (showing that this mask did not pull them out at all). I've also used other brand of peel off mask (strawberry sexylook) and it works so much better (probably due to the consistency and the way it sticks/dries). I'm happy that daiso is cheap, that's why I wanted to switch… If anyone can get this to work, please please message me the steps/tips you guys do! Thanks!

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

So this is the first time I'm using it. It took about half an hour to dry completely, and ripping it off wasn't painful at all. I like it, it's like a clay mask and biore pore pack in one, and my nose looks very clean. I follow with toner to keep the pores small. For the price, it is well worth it. For the record, it doesn't remove hair, I tried putting some on my upper lip to see if it would wax it out like some other reviews said. Well it didn't.