Essie Lollipop

Essie Lollipop

4.7

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This currently qualifies as my HG! The color is a cherry red. Reminds me of an old grease movie. I love it. Only takes one coat and looks exactly how I hoped it would. Nothing bad to say about this product as it is affordable too!

on 3/1/2016 2:27:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

On me this is a warm red color with a hint of pink in it. Very pretty and lasts awhile before chipping. Love the glossy finish to it!

on 1/24/2016 6:36:00 PM

Disappointing color. I was excited to try this because of the positive reviews. But on my nails this shade of red just looked boring and un-special.

Good formula though. Opaque in two coats and no problems with application or wear.

But I didn't care for the shade itself and I wouldn't buy this again.

on 5/6/2014 6:26:00 AM

Really nice shade of red - a little chic twist to the classic red nail. Love the formula.

on 5/31/2014 5:24:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is my FAVORITE nail polish ever!! The formula, dry time and lasting time are all PERFECT!! Essie you rock <3 And I get compliments on this red shade from friends. I think Lollipop is by far, the most long-lasting red nail polish I've tried. I normally apply two coats of Lollipop and with one shiny layer of Seche Vite. And it lasts up to over a week with very subtle chipping around the edges or above the curticle, and I can live with that. I am definitely keeping this one in my stock and this red is suitable four seasons a year I believe, it's neither metallic nor frosty --- Essie's watery, solid red color is JUST perfect for all occasions. Oh my gosh I can't tell you how much I adore this one.
P.S. One friendly tip for people who're going to try this on for first time - I suggest you putting on base coat before applying since red polish normally stains a bit on your nails after a few days, and Lollipop is no exception.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

A nice, bright tomato colour. Lollipop is a warm red colour which flatters my NC20 skin. It applies easily, however I find the formula to be a little thin. It dries quickly and has good staying power, like all Essie polishes. A nice red to add to your collection.

on 12/18/2013 7:46:00 PM

Nothing against this product. It's just that it looked cheap and tacky on my middle eastern skin tone. I'm sure this would look a lot nicer on cool, pale skin tones though.

on 7/8/2013 6:21:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love this red nail polish! Perfect shade of warm red. Dries to a nice shiny finish and lasts on my nails! This is my go-to red nail polish.

on 11/2/2013 5:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Deep Dark, Not Sure

This really pops on me. If I was white or a lighter skin tone I think it would be the most amazing product ever. I love the glossy finish and it just gives off that wow factor. I will rebuy next spring time

Even though I bought this polish, in the back of my mind I didn't think this would be my favorite red. I have a lot of red polishes, most by Essie btw, and this has actually turned out to be one that I love and reach for often. The formula is really nice and easy to work with (no bubbles, balding spots, streaks, or spillage into the creases). It's a mid range red with pink undertones and maybe some slight orange undertones as well. It definitely comes off as a red though. On my hands it lasts 4-6 days with a good top coat without any chips, on the toes about 2 weeks or until I get bored of the same color and want to change it. When I wear this, I keep catching myself looking down at my nails all of the time. There's not much more to say except I highly recommend this polish.

Popular Polishes