E.L.F. Mineral Blemish Kit

E.L.F. Mineral Blemish Kit

4.7

Price: $

Price: $

Active Ingredient: Sulfur 3.0% Inactive Ingredients: Zinc Stearate, Barium Sulfate, Silica, Kaolin, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Corn Starch Modified, Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Dextrin, Magnesium Myristate, Calcium Sodium Phosphosilicate, Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides(CI 77891, CI 77892, CI 77899).

on 2/8/2013 10:08:00 AM

I think I got this on an ELF sale for something insane like $2 and I quite like it. I've always found powder to be the most effective at concealing blemishes (I'm possibly biased - I only wear powder foundation on my face, no liquids, etc.) but I usually demure from wearing just a regular powder on them because I'm afraid it will clog the pores/make the situation worse.
This is a wonderful blemish healing/concealing solution. The powder itself is super fine and a little goes a very long way. I'm rather fair and it blends in perfectly - not so light as to highlight the mark but not in any way pink or yellow or any other noticeable shade either.
I can't attest as to where the powder stops blemishes, but it's blemish fighting ingredients do seem to sort of stop them from getting any worse once you start using it on them and perhaps help to gradually make them go away. If you need a real pimple buster, this isn't it - you've got to go for something stronger - but this is a very nice way to keep fighting against them during the day while covering them up. The ingredients are not irritating in the least, so you could also use this over larger sections of your face that you are prone to breakout on.
The packaging is quality, with a little powder brush included that is the perfect density for the job and a mineral style pot that taps out a little powder at a time so none goes to waste.
A gentle blemish fighter that effectively conceals as it works in a sleek, efficient package for a couple bucks? What more can we ask for? I definitely recommend this little miracle.

I already had Rare Minerals Blemish Therapy by Bare Escentuals and when I saw this I just had to purchase to see how it worked in comparison. Honestly it's like using the same stuff! And this sells for $8...what a steal! I've already bought 2 of these and will repurchase when I run out. If you like the mineral blemish care stuff, you should love this! I know that I do for my occasional break-outs this works like a charm. :)

on 1/26/2010 3:34:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

This is such a steal compared to BE's rareminerals blemish therapy!!! I'm SO glad that I ordered this for $8 instead of spending $30 at Ulta! I haven't noticed much difference in my skin, but I haven't been putting it on consistently (I've only used it 2-3x within the last 2 weeks). My guess is that if the BE one works for you, this one will too!