e.l.f. Mineral Blemish Kit

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
e.l.f. Mineral Blemish Kit

3.4

Active Ingredient: Sulfur 3.0% Inactive Ingredients: Zinc Stearate, Barium Sulfate, Silica, Kaolin, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Corn Starch Modified, Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Dextrin, Magnesium Myristate, Calcium Sodium Phosphosilicate, Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides(CI 77891, CI 77892, CI 77899).

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I figured I should just write a damn review for this product since I keep coming back to this page.

So I bought this (among many other items) from the e.l.f. website, and I'd say it's an okay product overall. I find it doesn't really help clear up my pimples--suddenly I've been getting quite a few of them lately. I'm applying it in the morning, throughout the day, and at night but the pimple just seems to stay the same. It does conceal it a little bit but it's pretty much sheer. I wouldn't say this powder smells like a septic tank, for some reason I don't sense a gassy smell, and it doesn't smell that bad. If you're used to natural scented products you'd probably be able to handle this.

I'm going to keep using it like this, as well as apply it to my entire face, and see if I get better results.

on 2/26/2013 12:37:00 PM

I can't say enough good about this product. I've suffered from acne for going on 19 years now and I can really say that this stuff significantly helps when I have a break out. I dab a bit on the new breakout every night after I wash my face (and even in the morning before I apply my m/u) and the redness goes away. The spot dries up within a couple days.

I've recently started to add this to my MMU as well and wow, what a difference it makes. Not only does my m/u last longer and not get as oily, but I feel like it adds a decent amount of coverage.

I've had this product for about 3 years now and it's still almost half full. I will definitely repurchase.

on 5/19/2011 4:31:00 PM

- Used as a loose powder does not look so good, I am used to better powders.
- If I need this kind of acne treatment overnight, I can buy some sulphur/zinc powder from pharmacy, much cheaper ....
+ Way how to get a small sifter jar and a brush. It has plastic hair similar to foundation brush. I like it for applying eyeshadows.

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I'm disappointed... It's worked for eeeeeverybody else.... But me. Like always, something that has been raved by eeeeeeeeverybody else, never works for me, 99% of the time. Although I have been trying to use less face makeup and this does soften any blemish and redness so it works for that, but as for drying up blemishes and stuff, nope! But for sure give it a try since it has worked wooonders for eeeeeeverbody else. [;

Hmm. Well I love the idea of this product - a pure mineral powder that conceals blemishes as it treats them overnight. I've been with my chap for 15 years, but I'd still like to look non-scary at night if I can. So I snapped this up and was excited to try it.
Sadly, it's only ok, and only barely that. It hasn't made my blemishes worse, and may have helped a little; it's hard to tell. But it doesn't really cover anything up - I can't get it to stay on my face at all! It just floats off in a powdery way. I'm accustomed to using mineral makeup, so it's not unfamiliarity with it that's the problem.
The other thing I don't like about it is that it contains bismuth oxychloride. I don't really know why they'd put that in - it's an irritant and it makes the product weirdly shiny, thus highlighting the spots you're trying to conceal!
A company called Elemental Beauty make a similar thing with better ingredients, so I will send off for a sample of that instead. Will probably use this up (maybe as a highlighter!) but will not repurchase.