e.l.f. Cosmetics Mineral Blemish Kit

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
e.l.f. Cosmetics Mineral Blemish Kit

4.2

Active Ingredient: Sulfur 3.0% Inactive Ingredients: Zinc Stearate, Barium Sulfate, Silica, Kaolin, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Corn Starch Modified, Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Dextrin, Magnesium Myristate, Calcium Sodium Phosphosilicate, Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides(CI 77891, CI 77892, CI 77899).

I LOVE this product. It is one of those products that when I find, I buy all of them! I cant seem to find it at stores anymore though :(
I DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT AS INTENDED though. I have zero acne and pimples but I suffer terribly from under eye circles and concealers have been that one item I have 20 different versions of but can't seem to find the right one (Until recently when I sampled IT cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye *winner*).

I use this product as a loose powder to set my concealer basically and help it from caking in my eye wrinkles. It's the only product I have found that goes on almost clear and doesn't change tone when layered a bit. I have tried the Bare Minerals Veil, Too Faced Invisible Powder, which all gave me a pinkish tone or looked horribly caked when I applied over one layer (yes my wrinkles are that bad that I need more than one layer of powder.) Also, countless other set and loose powders and nothing until I tried this baby on a whim because it was on clearance about 3 years ago.

It's the only thing I use now for setting my concealer. But I can't seem to find it anywhere anymore aside from the website (which when I need it, doesn't have it). I got lucky and found 2 at Big Lots a year ago and they do last me around a year. But I hope they never discontinue this product. EVER.

on 4/18/2012 5:47:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Simply put: effective, healing, and amazing. Sulfur is a wonderful treatment for acne and I was delighted to find this super cheap miracle. Lightly dabbing this mineral powder on a blemish (even a cyst) will reduce it within hours, along with concealing it. I plan on buying some every time I go to Target.

on 12/14/2011 11:04:00 AM

Didn't do anything for me, the powder is kind of useless, doesnt conceal pimples and doesn't really help them heal faster. I neglected this for like half a year, tried it again and still thought it was useless.

on 8/23/2011 9:36:00 PM

I wouldn't say that this is the holy grail to clearing blemishes, but the active ingredient is sulfur and it's supposed to be better than your typical acne fighters.

I had a *monster* zit on my jawbone (need to stop touching my face) and it's taken a week to go away, but short of cutting it off or popping it (no!), I'm not sure much would have helped. That said, it is going away and doesn't look like it will leave a scar. I've also been using this on problem areas (persistent whiteheads) and those are now going away! Hooray!

So, based on the overall improvement of my skin, I will credit this product and would recommend it to friends. It is not a miracle cure (anything that promises to be is probably a lie), but it does work to improve the quality of your skin by killing the bacteria that causes blemishes (I found an article that explained the pros-cons of different acne fighters).

I agree that $8 is steep, so wait for a half off sale if you are on the fence. Sulfur is expensive, so in that respect you pay for what you get.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I bought this stuff and the High Definition Powder together. This product was FAR better than I was expecting and I find it to be multipurpose. I use it in the morning and at night over my regular spot treat to give it an extra kick and it works FANTASTIC as a regular setting powder. The color works amazing with my skin tone and adds a bit of extra coverage. A little pricey compared the rest of the ELF line but still TOTALLY worth it!

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

The brush it comes with is great. The packaging is nice. It's plastic, not glass.

DON'T shake this product. Or you'll get a cloud when you open it and you'll end up with too much. This is NOT a concealer. It does lighten my acne scars.

I use a large brush and use this as an all over powder. It doesn't over dry. It's not irritating, and it doesn't have that sulfur smell. It helped my acne clear up. It's not mattifying.

Since it does contain bismuth TEST ON A PATCH OF SINCE BEFORE USE. Some people maybe allergic to this. I never had a problem. However, DO NOT USE IF YOUR ALLERGIES ARE SEVERE. I used this product when my allergies were at its worst, and it didn't help, it made me sneeze more (probably because it's a loose powder) And it wasn't a pretty sight.

Overall, I would recommend this. I've been using this for the past 5 months and I haven't even used half of the container (and I use this every day).

This is a really good alternative to the BareMinerals treatment! It has the same sulfur amount (3.0%) without the ugly smell! I was honestly stunned when I saw this @ Target and I just had to try it! I guess the only gripe I have with it is that I find it a teeny bit hard to get a proper amount of product through the jar but I don't mind. I'm definitely going back to this $4 miracle!

on 11/2/2010 10:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is good stuff. I've used the mario badescu healing powder but I like this better. Has a more natural tone and it's very inexpensive compared to the MB healing powder or the BE Rare Minerals. I use it all over just as a powder and it fights blemishes. My skin is doing well and this didn't irritate it like most things do. I will definitely repurchase and will keep using it :)

on 8/16/2010 3:04:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

My acne was all cleared up until recently. I haven't been using my AHA 12% Souffle cream at night because I was sick. So, I ordered this blemish kit for a quick fix, and quick fix it is. I have been applying the mineral blemish treatment and my two blemishes are gone in two days. The brush that comes with the kit is excellent. I wish the brush was a little longer in length, so that it would fit in my brush container. I have been washing the brush with my face cleanser every night ~ keeping the brush clean is very important, otherwise you are putting more dirt on your face.

I love how the mineral blemish treatment covers up my flaws while it is treating them. Where was this treatment years ago when I was single with zits and having sleep overs with my dates ~ HA! I like this product and the price is right at $4.00 (50% off coupon). I will definitely buy this product again...

on 1/2/2010 2:15:00 PM

Just excellent! If you are thinking about getting Rare Minerals Blemish Therapy by Bare Escentuals - get this FIRST - it's one fifth the price and has the SAME ingredients! so awesome. and just like BE, comes with a brush