e.l.f. Mineral Blemish Kit

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
e.l.f. Mineral Blemish Kit

4.1

Active Ingredient: Sulfur 3.0% Inactive Ingredients: Zinc Stearate, Barium Sulfate, Silica, Kaolin, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Corn Starch Modified, Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Dextrin, Magnesium Myristate, Calcium Sodium Phosphosilicate, Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides(CI 77891, CI 77892, CI 77899).

I works buy this product every time if they still made it. The ingredients are almost identical to the ingredients found in the bare minerals healing powder... Only difference? This stuff was a quarter of the price. Packed with tons of skin loving ingredients. Tea tree, sulfur and aloe just to name a few. I put this over spots when they pop up and they're gone within a day. The real place this product shines though is when I apply it all over my face with a powder brush before bed, after cleansing and moisturizing of course. As for the smell, I find it faintly lemony and very pleasant. Why on earth would elf discontinue such an amazing product, it's beyond me. The only good thing is this stuff will last forever, such a small amount is needed. Bring it back!

on 3/27/2013 11:34:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This product is by far THE BEST I've used at keeping large, painful spots at bay and drying them up QUICKLY! I had a particularly stressful and hormonal last week and the evidence showed up on my face.

I started using this as soon as I got it (last Friday) and I'm 90% cleared up today (Wednesday). I think I have a slightly different kit than the image shows; my brush has a white handle. The quality of the brush is fine (frankly, it could have come with a Q-Tip and I'd be okay with it)- it's the powder that does all the work. It takes down some of the redness immediately and continues to calm as you you wear it.

The packaging is fine. Perhaps a locking sifter top might work better if you plan in throwing this in your purse. I did not notice any unpleasant odor, despite the active ingredient being sulfur. I have tried many things over the years (20+) that do not work as well as this. My old go to was Clearsil but unless you are careful, pillow cases and clothing become bleached by it. This mineral powder works just as well with none of that, and in my opinion better because it provides slight coverage. This is another example of a quality product from E.L.F. that doesn't break the bank. I will continue to purchase and keep on hand for when problems pop up!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I use this product as a setting powder over my makeup, not as a spot treatment as is suggested. I'm on my second jar of this and it seems to be keeping the pimples at bay. This is especially useful when I'm sleeping over at SO's and have a spot that I keep concealed. In the morning, the spot is never worse. It is often smaller and less swollen.
The only reason this doesn't get 5 stars is the smell. This stuff makes your face smell like a septic tank. Not cute.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I bought this in the hopes of finding cheaper alternative to bare minerals blemish therapy, and this exceeded my expectations. im finding that it works BETTER than the bare minerals, perhaps because im not trying to ration it to save money. the brush isnt as soft,and the powder doesnt seem quite as finely milled, but it totally gets the job done. there's more product, and the price is WAY cheaper.

also, some people reviewing this seem to be confused as to what it's supposed to do. it is decidedly NOT a concealer, but it does make my skin look better, somehow more even, its hard to describe. it's excellent for setting concealer, and its a great way to apply blemish treatment over makeup. i also mix it in with my mineral foundation to counteract the clogged pores that my sunscreen can cause. so glad i bought this! if you like the bare minerals powder, you'll really like it.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I like a lot of E.L.F. products, so I thought I would give this one a try. It was messy and awkward to use. I was disappointed that the only disinfecting agent was sulfur--it's not very effective. It just didn't work at all for me and I wound up tossing it.

on 6/8/2011 10:26:00 PM

I wasn't sure this was a product I really needed since I don't have breakouts that often. Still, I needed something to treat the blemishes I do get and wasn't having much success with other products. Since I have been generally satisfied with several products in E.L.F.'s mineral line I decided it was worth a shot on a half price sale. This is the best blemish treatment I've ever used. Even better, it conceals the blemish while it's healing it. The included brush makes application smooth & easy. The powder is fine enough it blends in easily with my other makeup. This is an E.L.F. item I'll gladly pay full price for when I need to replace it.

on 2/4/2011 10:33:00 PM

this is really good for dry skin, you just drab it on the blemishes and whitin a few hours they look better.
i had used a blackhead remover on my forhead and nose, and was really red, and just by using this product my blackheads havent come back at all around and on my nose. The pores are smaller. its great. Didnt work all that well on the forehead thou, but im gonna give it time..

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Okay, I like Elf, and I'm on weird terms with this product. I really like the concept of it and everything, I'm just not sure if it works. It says that you can wear it overnight and everything to fight blemishes, but if I do that it tends to just float off. So instead I just use it as an overall powder, which works alright even though I have to reapply a few times - due to the floating off part. It doesn't really smell like sulfur, which I suppose is good, but then again doesn't really reassure me if it is working, or even what the sulfur concentration is. Either way, I think that it's helped my skin a bit and matches my skin tone perfectly. Have and will continue to purchase again.