e.l.f. Mineral Blemish Kit

e.l.f. Mineral Blemish Kit

4.4

Price: $

Price: $

Active Ingredient: Sulfur 3.0% Inactive Ingredients: Zinc Stearate, Barium Sulfate, Silica, Kaolin, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Corn Starch Modified, Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Dextrin, Magnesium Myristate, Calcium Sodium Phosphosilicate, Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides(CI 77891, CI 77892, CI 77899).

on 2/26/2013 12:37:00 PM

I can't say enough good about this product. I've suffered from acne for going on 19 years now and I can really say that this stuff significantly helps when I have a break out. I dab a bit on the new breakout every night after I wash my face (and even in the morning before I apply my m/u) and the redness goes away. The spot dries up within a couple days.

I've recently started to add this to my MMU as well and wow, what a difference it makes. Not only does my m/u last longer and not get as oily, but I feel like it adds a decent amount of coverage.

I've had this product for about 3 years now and it's still almost half full. I will definitely repurchase.

I was absolutely thrilled to find it at Target so I had to try it out. I've been battling acne on one side of my face for so long so I'm willing to try anything at this point. I really don't mind the smell so I put some on before I put on makeup and before I go to bed. I'm pleased to say that I awoke to clearer skin with less redness, smaller pimples compared to the previous night and a more even complexion. I was so excited that I went out and bought two more for storage :P My only quip with this is the packaging. It is a little difficult to get it out so I just give it a shake or two. Overall this is a gift from the universe!

on 8/23/2011 9:36:00 PM

I wouldn't say that this is the holy grail to clearing blemishes, but the active ingredient is sulfur and it's supposed to be better than your typical acne fighters.

I had a *monster* zit on my jawbone (need to stop touching my face) and it's taken a week to go away, but short of cutting it off or popping it (no!), I'm not sure much would have helped. That said, it is going away and doesn't look like it will leave a scar. I've also been using this on problem areas (persistent whiteheads) and those are now going away! Hooray!

So, based on the overall improvement of my skin, I will credit this product and would recommend it to friends. It is not a miracle cure (anything that promises to be is probably a lie), but it does work to improve the quality of your skin by killing the bacteria that causes blemishes (I found an article that explained the pros-cons of different acne fighters).

I agree that $8 is steep, so wait for a half off sale if you are on the fence. Sulfur is expensive, so in that respect you pay for what you get.

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

The brush it comes with is great. The packaging is nice. It's plastic, not glass.

DON'T shake this product. Or you'll get a cloud when you open it and you'll end up with too much. This is NOT a concealer. It does lighten my acne scars.

I use a large brush and use this as an all over powder. It doesn't over dry. It's not irritating, and it doesn't have that sulfur smell. It helped my acne clear up. It's not mattifying.

Since it does contain bismuth TEST ON A PATCH OF SINCE BEFORE USE. Some people maybe allergic to this. I never had a problem. However, DO NOT USE IF YOUR ALLERGIES ARE SEVERE. I used this product when my allergies were at its worst, and it didn't help, it made me sneeze more (probably because it's a loose powder) And it wasn't a pretty sight.

Overall, I would recommend this. I've been using this for the past 5 months and I haven't even used half of the container (and I use this every day).

I already had Rare Minerals Blemish Therapy by Bare Escentuals and when I saw this I just had to purchase to see how it worked in comparison. Honestly it's like using the same stuff! And this sells for $8...what a steal! I've already bought 2 of these and will repurchase when I run out. If you like the mineral blemish care stuff, you should love this! I know that I do for my occasional break-outs this works like a charm. :)