E.L.F. Mineral Blemish Kit

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
E.L.F. Mineral Blemish Kit

3.6

Active Ingredient: Sulfur 3.0% Inactive Ingredients: Zinc Stearate, Barium Sulfate, Silica, Kaolin, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Corn Starch Modified, Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Dextrin, Magnesium Myristate, Calcium Sodium Phosphosilicate, Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides(CI 77891, CI 77892, CI 77899).

on 3/27/2013 11:34:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This product is by far THE BEST I've used at keeping large, painful spots at bay and drying them up QUICKLY! I had a particularly stressful and hormonal last week and the evidence showed up on my face.

I started using this as soon as I got it (last Friday) and I'm 90% cleared up today (Wednesday). I think I have a slightly different kit than the image shows; my brush has a white handle. The quality of the brush is fine (frankly, it could have come with a Q-Tip and I'd be okay with it)- it's the powder that does all the work. It takes down some of the redness immediately and continues to calm as you you wear it.

The packaging is fine. Perhaps a locking sifter top might work better if you plan in throwing this in your purse. I did not notice any unpleasant odor, despite the active ingredient being sulfur. I have tried many things over the years (20+) that do not work as well as this. My old go to was Clearsil but unless you are careful, pillow cases and clothing become bleached by it. This mineral powder works just as well with none of that, and in my opinion better because it provides slight coverage. This is another example of a quality product from E.L.F. that doesn't break the bank. I will continue to purchase and keep on hand for when problems pop up!

on 2/8/2013 10:08:00 AM

I think I got this on an ELF sale for something insane like $2 and I quite like it. I've always found powder to be the most effective at concealing blemishes (I'm possibly biased - I only wear powder foundation on my face, no liquids, etc.) but I usually demure from wearing just a regular powder on them because I'm afraid it will clog the pores/make the situation worse.
This is a wonderful blemish healing/concealing solution. The powder itself is super fine and a little goes a very long way. I'm rather fair and it blends in perfectly - not so light as to highlight the mark but not in any way pink or yellow or any other noticeable shade either.
I can't attest as to where the powder stops blemishes, but it's blemish fighting ingredients do seem to sort of stop them from getting any worse once you start using it on them and perhaps help to gradually make them go away. If you need a real pimple buster, this isn't it - you've got to go for something stronger - but this is a very nice way to keep fighting against them during the day while covering them up. The ingredients are not irritating in the least, so you could also use this over larger sections of your face that you are prone to breakout on.
The packaging is quality, with a little powder brush included that is the perfect density for the job and a mineral style pot that taps out a little powder at a time so none goes to waste.
A gentle blemish fighter that effectively conceals as it works in a sleek, efficient package for a couple bucks? What more can we ask for? I definitely recommend this little miracle.

on 4/18/2012 5:47:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Simply put: effective, healing, and amazing. Sulfur is a wonderful treatment for acne and I was delighted to find this super cheap miracle. Lightly dabbing this mineral powder on a blemish (even a cyst) will reduce it within hours, along with concealing it. I plan on buying some every time I go to Target.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I use this product as a setting powder over my makeup, not as a spot treatment as is suggested. I'm on my second jar of this and it seems to be keeping the pimples at bay. This is especially useful when I'm sleeping over at SO's and have a spot that I keep concealed. In the morning, the spot is never worse. It is often smaller and less swollen.
The only reason this doesn't get 5 stars is the smell. This stuff makes your face smell like a septic tank. Not cute.

on 12/14/2011 11:04:00 AM

Didn't do anything for me, the powder is kind of useless, doesnt conceal pimples and doesn't really help them heal faster. I neglected this for like half a year, tried it again and still thought it was useless.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I like a lot of E.L.F. products, so I thought I would give this one a try. It was messy and awkward to use. I was disappointed that the only disinfecting agent was sulfur--it's not very effective. It just didn't work at all for me and I wound up tossing it.

Hmm. Well I love the idea of this product - a pure mineral powder that conceals blemishes as it treats them overnight. I've been with my chap for 15 years, but I'd still like to look non-scary at night if I can. So I snapped this up and was excited to try it.
Sadly, it's only ok, and only barely that. It hasn't made my blemishes worse, and may have helped a little; it's hard to tell. But it doesn't really cover anything up - I can't get it to stay on my face at all! It just floats off in a powdery way. I'm accustomed to using mineral makeup, so it's not unfamiliarity with it that's the problem.
The other thing I don't like about it is that it contains bismuth oxychloride. I don't really know why they'd put that in - it's an irritant and it makes the product weirdly shiny, thus highlighting the spots you're trying to conceal!
A company called Elemental Beauty make a similar thing with better ingredients, so I will send off for a sample of that instead. Will probably use this up (maybe as a highlighter!) but will not repurchase.

on 8/16/2010 3:04:00 AM

My acne was all cleared up until recently. I haven't been using my AHA 12% Souffle cream at night because I was sick. So, I ordered this blemish kit for a quick fix, and quick fix it is. I have been applying the mineral blemish treatment and my two blemishes are gone in two days. The brush that comes with the kit is excellent. I wish the brush was a little longer in length, so that it would fit in my brush container. I have been washing the brush with my face cleanser every night ~ keeping the brush clean is very important, otherwise you are putting more dirt on your face.

I love how the mineral blemish treatment covers up my flaws while it is treating them. Where was this treatment years ago when I was single with zits and having sleep overs with my dates ~ HA! I like this product and the price is right at $4.00 (50% off coupon). I will definitely buy this product again...