E.L.F. Mineral Blemish Kit

Filtered by hair type : Other
E.L.F. Mineral Blemish Kit

4.3

Active Ingredient: Sulfur 3.0% Inactive Ingredients: Zinc Stearate, Barium Sulfate, Silica, Kaolin, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Corn Starch Modified, Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Dextrin, Magnesium Myristate, Calcium Sodium Phosphosilicate, Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides(CI 77891, CI 77892, CI 77899).

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I bought this in the hopes of finding cheaper alternative to bare minerals blemish therapy, and this exceeded my expectations. im finding that it works BETTER than the bare minerals, perhaps because im not trying to ration it to save money. the brush isnt as soft,and the powder doesnt seem quite as finely milled, but it totally gets the job done. there's more product, and the price is WAY cheaper.

also, some people reviewing this seem to be confused as to what it's supposed to do. it is decidedly NOT a concealer, but it does make my skin look better, somehow more even, its hard to describe. it's excellent for setting concealer, and its a great way to apply blemish treatment over makeup. i also mix it in with my mineral foundation to counteract the clogged pores that my sunscreen can cause. so glad i bought this! if you like the bare minerals powder, you'll really like it.

on 7/11/2011 9:39:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Cool

This product is my holy grail. I use the mineral blemish kit daily night and day. It helps calm down the redness of a zit as well as shrink it. It goes on sheer for fair skin. If you have darker skin you may have to blend it in a bit more. It doesn't dry out your skin or have a harsh smell since it contains sulfur.

I don't have a problem with the little brush. It may be a little scratchy for some but I don't find it bothersome. It holds the powder on top rather then get swirled into the brush which helps you apply the powder to your blemish instead of losing the powder in the brush. Be sure to wash the brush often as it's coming in close contact to germs.

The container is nice too. The top can double as a mirror if you are in a pinch.

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

The brush it comes with is great. The packaging is nice. It's plastic, not glass.

DON'T shake this product. Or you'll get a cloud when you open it and you'll end up with too much. This is NOT a concealer. It does lighten my acne scars.

I use a large brush and use this as an all over powder. It doesn't over dry. It's not irritating, and it doesn't have that sulfur smell. It helped my acne clear up. It's not mattifying.

Since it does contain bismuth TEST ON A PATCH OF SINCE BEFORE USE. Some people maybe allergic to this. I never had a problem. However, DO NOT USE IF YOUR ALLERGIES ARE SEVERE. I used this product when my allergies were at its worst, and it didn't help, it made me sneeze more (probably because it's a loose powder) And it wasn't a pretty sight.

Overall, I would recommend this. I've been using this for the past 5 months and I haven't even used half of the container (and I use this every day).

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I'm disappointed... It's worked for eeeeeverybody else.... But me. Like always, something that has been raved by eeeeeeeeverybody else, never works for me, 99% of the time. Although I have been trying to use less face makeup and this does soften any blemish and redness so it works for that, but as for drying up blemishes and stuff, nope! But for sure give it a try since it has worked wooonders for eeeeeeverbody else. [;

I already had Rare Minerals Blemish Therapy by Bare Escentuals and when I saw this I just had to purchase to see how it worked in comparison. Honestly it's like using the same stuff! And this sells for $8...what a steal! I've already bought 2 of these and will repurchase when I run out. If you like the mineral blemish care stuff, you should love this! I know that I do for my occasional break-outs this works like a charm. :)

on 1/26/2010 3:34:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

This is such a steal compared to BE's rareminerals blemish therapy!!! I'm SO glad that I ordered this for $8 instead of spending $30 at Ulta! I haven't noticed much difference in my skin, but I haven't been putting it on consistently (I've only used it 2-3x within the last 2 weeks). My guess is that if the BE one works for you, this one will too!