e.l.f. Mineral Blemish Kit

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
e.l.f. Mineral Blemish Kit

4.3

Active Ingredient: Sulfur 3.0% Inactive Ingredients: Zinc Stearate, Barium Sulfate, Silica, Kaolin, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Corn Starch Modified, Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Dextrin, Magnesium Myristate, Calcium Sodium Phosphosilicate, Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides(CI 77891, CI 77892, CI 77899).

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I figured I should just write a damn review for this product since I keep coming back to this page.

So I bought this (among many other items) from the e.l.f. website, and I'd say it's an okay product overall. I find it doesn't really help clear up my pimples--suddenly I've been getting quite a few of them lately. I'm applying it in the morning, throughout the day, and at night but the pimple just seems to stay the same. It does conceal it a little bit but it's pretty much sheer. I wouldn't say this powder smells like a septic tank, for some reason I don't sense a gassy smell, and it doesn't smell that bad. If you're used to natural scented products you'd probably be able to handle this.

I'm going to keep using it like this, as well as apply it to my entire face, and see if I get better results.

on 3/27/2013 11:34:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This product is by far THE BEST I've used at keeping large, painful spots at bay and drying them up QUICKLY! I had a particularly stressful and hormonal last week and the evidence showed up on my face.

I started using this as soon as I got it (last Friday) and I'm 90% cleared up today (Wednesday). I think I have a slightly different kit than the image shows; my brush has a white handle. The quality of the brush is fine (frankly, it could have come with a Q-Tip and I'd be okay with it)- it's the powder that does all the work. It takes down some of the redness immediately and continues to calm as you you wear it.

The packaging is fine. Perhaps a locking sifter top might work better if you plan in throwing this in your purse. I did not notice any unpleasant odor, despite the active ingredient being sulfur. I have tried many things over the years (20+) that do not work as well as this. My old go to was Clearsil but unless you are careful, pillow cases and clothing become bleached by it. This mineral powder works just as well with none of that, and in my opinion better because it provides slight coverage. This is another example of a quality product from E.L.F. that doesn't break the bank. I will continue to purchase and keep on hand for when problems pop up!

on 4/18/2012 5:47:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Simply put: effective, healing, and amazing. Sulfur is a wonderful treatment for acne and I was delighted to find this super cheap miracle. Lightly dabbing this mineral powder on a blemish (even a cyst) will reduce it within hours, along with concealing it. I plan on buying some every time I go to Target.

This is a really good alternative to the BareMinerals treatment! It has the same sulfur amount (3.0%) without the ugly smell! I was honestly stunned when I saw this @ Target and I just had to try it! I guess the only gripe I have with it is that I find it a teeny bit hard to get a proper amount of product through the jar but I don't mind. I'm definitely going back to this $4 miracle!

on 11/2/2010 10:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is good stuff. I've used the mario badescu healing powder but I like this better. Has a more natural tone and it's very inexpensive compared to the MB healing powder or the BE Rare Minerals. I use it all over just as a powder and it fights blemishes. My skin is doing well and this didn't irritate it like most things do. I will definitely repurchase and will keep using it :)

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I'm disappointed... It's worked for eeeeeverybody else.... But me. Like always, something that has been raved by eeeeeeeeverybody else, never works for me, 99% of the time. Although I have been trying to use less face makeup and this does soften any blemish and redness so it works for that, but as for drying up blemishes and stuff, nope! But for sure give it a try since it has worked wooonders for eeeeeeverbody else. [;

on 8/16/2010 3:04:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

My acne was all cleared up until recently. I haven't been using my AHA 12% Souffle cream at night because I was sick. So, I ordered this blemish kit for a quick fix, and quick fix it is. I have been applying the mineral blemish treatment and my two blemishes are gone in two days. The brush that comes with the kit is excellent. I wish the brush was a little longer in length, so that it would fit in my brush container. I have been washing the brush with my face cleanser every night ~ keeping the brush clean is very important, otherwise you are putting more dirt on your face.

I love how the mineral blemish treatment covers up my flaws while it is treating them. Where was this treatment years ago when I was single with zits and having sleep overs with my dates ~ HA! I like this product and the price is right at $4.00 (50% off coupon). I will definitely buy this product again...

on 1/26/2010 3:34:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

This is such a steal compared to BE's rareminerals blemish therapy!!! I'm SO glad that I ordered this for $8 instead of spending $30 at Ulta! I haven't noticed much difference in my skin, but I haven't been putting it on consistently (I've only used it 2-3x within the last 2 weeks). My guess is that if the BE one works for you, this one will too!