e.l.f. Cosmetics Mineral Blemish Kit

Filtered by skin type : Combination
e.l.f. Cosmetics Mineral Blemish Kit

3.9

Active Ingredient: Sulfur 3.0% Inactive Ingredients: Zinc Stearate, Barium Sulfate, Silica, Kaolin, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Corn Starch Modified, Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Dextrin, Magnesium Myristate, Calcium Sodium Phosphosilicate, Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides(CI 77891, CI 77892, CI 77899).

I works buy this product every time if they still made it. The ingredients are almost identical to the ingredients found in the bare minerals healing powder... Only difference? This stuff was a quarter of the price. Packed with tons of skin loving ingredients. Tea tree, sulfur and aloe just to name a few. I put this over spots when they pop up and they're gone within a day. The real place this product shines though is when I apply it all over my face with a powder brush before bed, after cleansing and moisturizing of course. As for the smell, I find it faintly lemony and very pleasant. Why on earth would elf discontinue such an amazing product, it's beyond me. The only good thing is this stuff will last forever, such a small amount is needed. Bring it back!

on 3/27/2013 11:34:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This product is by far THE BEST I've used at keeping large, painful spots at bay and drying them up QUICKLY! I had a particularly stressful and hormonal last week and the evidence showed up on my face.

I started using this as soon as I got it (last Friday) and I'm 90% cleared up today (Wednesday). I think I have a slightly different kit than the image shows; my brush has a white handle. The quality of the brush is fine (frankly, it could have come with a Q-Tip and I'd be okay with it)- it's the powder that does all the work. It takes down some of the redness immediately and continues to calm as you you wear it.

The packaging is fine. Perhaps a locking sifter top might work better if you plan in throwing this in your purse. I did not notice any unpleasant odor, despite the active ingredient being sulfur. I have tried many things over the years (20+) that do not work as well as this. My old go to was Clearsil but unless you are careful, pillow cases and clothing become bleached by it. This mineral powder works just as well with none of that, and in my opinion better because it provides slight coverage. This is another example of a quality product from E.L.F. that doesn't break the bank. I will continue to purchase and keep on hand for when problems pop up!

on 2/26/2013 12:37:00 PM

I can't say enough good about this product. I've suffered from acne for going on 19 years now and I can really say that this stuff significantly helps when I have a break out. I dab a bit on the new breakout every night after I wash my face (and even in the morning before I apply my m/u) and the redness goes away. The spot dries up within a couple days.

I've recently started to add this to my MMU as well and wow, what a difference it makes. Not only does my m/u last longer and not get as oily, but I feel like it adds a decent amount of coverage.

I've had this product for about 3 years now and it's still almost half full. I will definitely repurchase.

on 2/8/2013 10:08:00 AM

I think I got this on an ELF sale for something insane like $2 and I quite like it. I've always found powder to be the most effective at concealing blemishes (I'm possibly biased - I only wear powder foundation on my face, no liquids, etc.) but I usually demure from wearing just a regular powder on them because I'm afraid it will clog the pores/make the situation worse.
This is a wonderful blemish healing/concealing solution. The powder itself is super fine and a little goes a very long way. I'm rather fair and it blends in perfectly - not so light as to highlight the mark but not in any way pink or yellow or any other noticeable shade either.
I can't attest as to where the powder stops blemishes, but it's blemish fighting ingredients do seem to sort of stop them from getting any worse once you start using it on them and perhaps help to gradually make them go away. If you need a real pimple buster, this isn't it - you've got to go for something stronger - but this is a very nice way to keep fighting against them during the day while covering them up. The ingredients are not irritating in the least, so you could also use this over larger sections of your face that you are prone to breakout on.
The packaging is quality, with a little powder brush included that is the perfect density for the job and a mineral style pot that taps out a little powder at a time so none goes to waste.
A gentle blemish fighter that effectively conceals as it works in a sleek, efficient package for a couple bucks? What more can we ask for? I definitely recommend this little miracle.

I was absolutely thrilled to find it at Target so I had to try it out. I've been battling acne on one side of my face for so long so I'm willing to try anything at this point. I really don't mind the smell so I put some on before I put on makeup and before I go to bed. I'm pleased to say that I awoke to clearer skin with less redness, smaller pimples compared to the previous night and a more even complexion. I was so excited that I went out and bought two more for storage :P My only quip with this is the packaging. It is a little difficult to get it out so I just give it a shake or two. Overall this is a gift from the universe!

on 12/14/2011 11:04:00 AM

Didn't do anything for me, the powder is kind of useless, doesnt conceal pimples and doesn't really help them heal faster. I neglected this for like half a year, tried it again and still thought it was useless.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I like a lot of E.L.F. products, so I thought I would give this one a try. It was messy and awkward to use. I was disappointed that the only disinfecting agent was sulfur--it's not very effective. It just didn't work at all for me and I wound up tossing it.

on 8/23/2011 9:36:00 PM

I wouldn't say that this is the holy grail to clearing blemishes, but the active ingredient is sulfur and it's supposed to be better than your typical acne fighters.

I had a *monster* zit on my jawbone (need to stop touching my face) and it's taken a week to go away, but short of cutting it off or popping it (no!), I'm not sure much would have helped. That said, it is going away and doesn't look like it will leave a scar. I've also been using this on problem areas (persistent whiteheads) and those are now going away! Hooray!

So, based on the overall improvement of my skin, I will credit this product and would recommend it to friends. It is not a miracle cure (anything that promises to be is probably a lie), but it does work to improve the quality of your skin by killing the bacteria that causes blemishes (I found an article that explained the pros-cons of different acne fighters).

I agree that $8 is steep, so wait for a half off sale if you are on the fence. Sulfur is expensive, so in that respect you pay for what you get.

on 6/8/2011 10:26:00 PM

I wasn't sure this was a product I really needed since I don't have breakouts that often. Still, I needed something to treat the blemishes I do get and wasn't having much success with other products. Since I have been generally satisfied with several products in E.L.F.'s mineral line I decided it was worth a shot on a half price sale. This is the best blemish treatment I've ever used. Even better, it conceals the blemish while it's healing it. The included brush makes application smooth & easy. The powder is fine enough it blends in easily with my other makeup. This is an E.L.F. item I'll gladly pay full price for when I need to replace it.

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

The brush it comes with is great. The packaging is nice. It's plastic, not glass.

DON'T shake this product. Or you'll get a cloud when you open it and you'll end up with too much. This is NOT a concealer. It does lighten my acne scars.

I use a large brush and use this as an all over powder. It doesn't over dry. It's not irritating, and it doesn't have that sulfur smell. It helped my acne clear up. It's not mattifying.

Since it does contain bismuth TEST ON A PATCH OF SINCE BEFORE USE. Some people maybe allergic to this. I never had a problem. However, DO NOT USE IF YOUR ALLERGIES ARE SEVERE. I used this product when my allergies were at its worst, and it didn't help, it made me sneeze more (probably because it's a loose powder) And it wasn't a pretty sight.

Overall, I would recommend this. I've been using this for the past 5 months and I haven't even used half of the container (and I use this every day).