E.L.F. Mineral Blemish Kit

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
E.L.F. Mineral Blemish Kit

3.9

Active Ingredient: Sulfur 3.0% Inactive Ingredients: Zinc Stearate, Barium Sulfate, Silica, Kaolin, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Corn Starch Modified, Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Dextrin, Magnesium Myristate, Calcium Sodium Phosphosilicate, Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides(CI 77891, CI 77892, CI 77899).

I works buy this product every time if they still made it. The ingredients are almost identical to the ingredients found in the bare minerals healing powder... Only difference? This stuff was a quarter of the price. Packed with tons of skin loving ingredients. Tea tree, sulfur and aloe just to name a few. I put this over spots when they pop up and they're gone within a day. The real place this product shines though is when I apply it all over my face with a powder brush before bed, after cleansing and moisturizing of course. As for the smell, I find it faintly lemony and very pleasant. Why on earth would elf discontinue such an amazing product, it's beyond me. The only good thing is this stuff will last forever, such a small amount is needed. Bring it back!

I LOVE this product. It is one of those products that when I find, I buy all of them! I cant seem to find it at stores anymore though :(
I DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT AS INTENDED though. I have zero acne and pimples but I suffer terribly from under eye circles and concealers have been that one item I have 20 different versions of but can't seem to find the right one (Until recently when I sampled IT cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye *winner*).

I use this product as a loose powder to set my concealer basically and help it from caking in my eye wrinkles. It's the only product I have found that goes on almost clear and doesn't change tone when layered a bit. I have tried the Bare Minerals Veil, Too Faced Invisible Powder, which all gave me a pinkish tone or looked horribly caked when I applied over one layer (yes my wrinkles are that bad that I need more than one layer of powder.) Also, countless other set and loose powders and nothing until I tried this baby on a whim because it was on clearance about 3 years ago.

It's the only thing I use now for setting my concealer. But I can't seem to find it anywhere anymore aside from the website (which when I need it, doesn't have it). I got lucky and found 2 at Big Lots a year ago and they do last me around a year. But I hope they never discontinue this product. EVER.

on 2/8/2013 10:08:00 AM

I think I got this on an ELF sale for something insane like $2 and I quite like it. I've always found powder to be the most effective at concealing blemishes (I'm possibly biased - I only wear powder foundation on my face, no liquids, etc.) but I usually demure from wearing just a regular powder on them because I'm afraid it will clog the pores/make the situation worse.
This is a wonderful blemish healing/concealing solution. The powder itself is super fine and a little goes a very long way. I'm rather fair and it blends in perfectly - not so light as to highlight the mark but not in any way pink or yellow or any other noticeable shade either.
I can't attest as to where the powder stops blemishes, but it's blemish fighting ingredients do seem to sort of stop them from getting any worse once you start using it on them and perhaps help to gradually make them go away. If you need a real pimple buster, this isn't it - you've got to go for something stronger - but this is a very nice way to keep fighting against them during the day while covering them up. The ingredients are not irritating in the least, so you could also use this over larger sections of your face that you are prone to breakout on.
The packaging is quality, with a little powder brush included that is the perfect density for the job and a mineral style pot that taps out a little powder at a time so none goes to waste.
A gentle blemish fighter that effectively conceals as it works in a sleek, efficient package for a couple bucks? What more can we ask for? I definitely recommend this little miracle.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I use this product as a setting powder over my makeup, not as a spot treatment as is suggested. I'm on my second jar of this and it seems to be keeping the pimples at bay. This is especially useful when I'm sleeping over at SO's and have a spot that I keep concealed. In the morning, the spot is never worse. It is often smaller and less swollen.
The only reason this doesn't get 5 stars is the smell. This stuff makes your face smell like a septic tank. Not cute.

on 12/14/2011 11:04:00 AM

Didn't do anything for me, the powder is kind of useless, doesnt conceal pimples and doesn't really help them heal faster. I neglected this for like half a year, tried it again and still thought it was useless.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I bought this in the hopes of finding cheaper alternative to bare minerals blemish therapy, and this exceeded my expectations. im finding that it works BETTER than the bare minerals, perhaps because im not trying to ration it to save money. the brush isnt as soft,and the powder doesnt seem quite as finely milled, but it totally gets the job done. there's more product, and the price is WAY cheaper.

also, some people reviewing this seem to be confused as to what it's supposed to do. it is decidedly NOT a concealer, but it does make my skin look better, somehow more even, its hard to describe. it's excellent for setting concealer, and its a great way to apply blemish treatment over makeup. i also mix it in with my mineral foundation to counteract the clogged pores that my sunscreen can cause. so glad i bought this! if you like the bare minerals powder, you'll really like it.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I like a lot of E.L.F. products, so I thought I would give this one a try. It was messy and awkward to use. I was disappointed that the only disinfecting agent was sulfur--it's not very effective. It just didn't work at all for me and I wound up tossing it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I bought this stuff and the High Definition Powder together. This product was FAR better than I was expecting and I find it to be multipurpose. I use it in the morning and at night over my regular spot treat to give it an extra kick and it works FANTASTIC as a regular setting powder. The color works amazing with my skin tone and adds a bit of extra coverage. A little pricey compared the rest of the ELF line but still TOTALLY worth it!

on 6/8/2011 10:26:00 PM

I wasn't sure this was a product I really needed since I don't have breakouts that often. Still, I needed something to treat the blemishes I do get and wasn't having much success with other products. Since I have been generally satisfied with several products in E.L.F.'s mineral line I decided it was worth a shot on a half price sale. This is the best blemish treatment I've ever used. Even better, it conceals the blemish while it's healing it. The included brush makes application smooth & easy. The powder is fine enough it blends in easily with my other makeup. This is an E.L.F. item I'll gladly pay full price for when I need to replace it.

on 5/19/2011 4:31:00 PM

- Used as a loose powder does not look so good, I am used to better powders.
- If I need this kind of acne treatment overnight, I can buy some sulphur/zinc powder from pharmacy, much cheaper ....
+ Way how to get a small sifter jar and a brush. It has plastic hair similar to foundation brush. I like it for applying eyeshadows.