e.l.f. Cosmetics Mineral Blemish Kit

e.l.f. Cosmetics Mineral Blemish Kit

4.1

Active Ingredient: Sulfur 3.0% Inactive Ingredients: Zinc Stearate, Barium Sulfate, Silica, Kaolin, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Corn Starch Modified, Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Dextrin, Magnesium Myristate, Calcium Sodium Phosphosilicate, Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides(CI 77891, CI 77892, CI 77899).

on 12/14/2011 11:04:00 AM

Didn't do anything for me, the powder is kind of useless, doesnt conceal pimples and doesn't really help them heal faster. I neglected this for like half a year, tried it again and still thought it was useless.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I like a lot of E.L.F. products, so I thought I would give this one a try. It was messy and awkward to use. I was disappointed that the only disinfecting agent was sulfur--it's not very effective. It just didn't work at all for me and I wound up tossing it.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I figured I should just write a damn review for this product since I keep coming back to this page.

So I bought this (among many other items) from the e.l.f. website, and I'd say it's an okay product overall. I find it doesn't really help clear up my pimples--suddenly I've been getting quite a few of them lately. I'm applying it in the morning, throughout the day, and at night but the pimple just seems to stay the same. It does conceal it a little bit but it's pretty much sheer. I wouldn't say this powder smells like a septic tank, for some reason I don't sense a gassy smell, and it doesn't smell that bad. If you're used to natural scented products you'd probably be able to handle this.

I'm going to keep using it like this, as well as apply it to my entire face, and see if I get better results.

on 5/19/2011 4:31:00 PM

- Used as a loose powder does not look so good, I am used to better powders.
- If I need this kind of acne treatment overnight, I can buy some sulphur/zinc powder from pharmacy, much cheaper ....
+ Way how to get a small sifter jar and a brush. It has plastic hair similar to foundation brush. I like it for applying eyeshadows.

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I'm disappointed... It's worked for eeeeeverybody else.... But me. Like always, something that has been raved by eeeeeeeeverybody else, never works for me, 99% of the time. Although I have been trying to use less face makeup and this does soften any blemish and redness so it works for that, but as for drying up blemishes and stuff, nope! But for sure give it a try since it has worked wooonders for eeeeeeverbody else. [;

Hmm. Well I love the idea of this product - a pure mineral powder that conceals blemishes as it treats them overnight. I've been with my chap for 15 years, but I'd still like to look non-scary at night if I can. So I snapped this up and was excited to try it.
Sadly, it's only ok, and only barely that. It hasn't made my blemishes worse, and may have helped a little; it's hard to tell. But it doesn't really cover anything up - I can't get it to stay on my face at all! It just floats off in a powdery way. I'm accustomed to using mineral makeup, so it's not unfamiliarity with it that's the problem.
The other thing I don't like about it is that it contains bismuth oxychloride. I don't really know why they'd put that in - it's an irritant and it makes the product weirdly shiny, thus highlighting the spots you're trying to conceal!
A company called Elemental Beauty make a similar thing with better ingredients, so I will send off for a sample of that instead. Will probably use this up (maybe as a highlighter!) but will not repurchase.

I was absolutely thrilled to find it at Target so I had to try it out. I've been battling acne on one side of my face for so long so I'm willing to try anything at this point. I really don't mind the smell so I put some on before I put on makeup and before I go to bed. I'm pleased to say that I awoke to clearer skin with less redness, smaller pimples compared to the previous night and a more even complexion. I was so excited that I went out and bought two more for storage :P My only quip with this is the packaging. It is a little difficult to get it out so I just give it a shake or two. Overall this is a gift from the universe!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I use this product as a setting powder over my makeup, not as a spot treatment as is suggested. I'm on my second jar of this and it seems to be keeping the pimples at bay. This is especially useful when I'm sleeping over at SO's and have a spot that I keep concealed. In the morning, the spot is never worse. It is often smaller and less swollen.
The only reason this doesn't get 5 stars is the smell. This stuff makes your face smell like a septic tank. Not cute.

on 8/23/2011 9:36:00 PM

I wouldn't say that this is the holy grail to clearing blemishes, but the active ingredient is sulfur and it's supposed to be better than your typical acne fighters.

I had a *monster* zit on my jawbone (need to stop touching my face) and it's taken a week to go away, but short of cutting it off or popping it (no!), I'm not sure much would have helped. That said, it is going away and doesn't look like it will leave a scar. I've also been using this on problem areas (persistent whiteheads) and those are now going away! Hooray!

So, based on the overall improvement of my skin, I will credit this product and would recommend it to friends. It is not a miracle cure (anything that promises to be is probably a lie), but it does work to improve the quality of your skin by killing the bacteria that causes blemishes (I found an article that explained the pros-cons of different acne fighters).

I agree that $8 is steep, so wait for a half off sale if you are on the fence. Sulfur is expensive, so in that respect you pay for what you get.

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

The brush it comes with is great. The packaging is nice. It's plastic, not glass.

DON'T shake this product. Or you'll get a cloud when you open it and you'll end up with too much. This is NOT a concealer. It does lighten my acne scars.

I use a large brush and use this as an all over powder. It doesn't over dry. It's not irritating, and it doesn't have that sulfur smell. It helped my acne clear up. It's not mattifying.

Since it does contain bismuth TEST ON A PATCH OF SINCE BEFORE USE. Some people maybe allergic to this. I never had a problem. However, DO NOT USE IF YOUR ALLERGIES ARE SEVERE. I used this product when my allergies were at its worst, and it didn't help, it made me sneeze more (probably because it's a loose powder) And it wasn't a pretty sight.

Overall, I would recommend this. I've been using this for the past 5 months and I haven't even used half of the container (and I use this every day).